Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The relationship wasnt as long in that instance as well. I remember a year or two ago when you never read much bad about Kate at all she was the media darling. Maybe the media ran out of nice things to say.:flowers:

I thought Charles' marriage to Diana was very rushed (as well as ill-advised) but I don't understand the argument that William and Kate are young and they shouldn't rush into marriage, either. I'm in my early twenties, and most people my age that I know are engaged or married. Not that I mean to use my experience as a representative sample, but 26 is in no way too young to get married, if you ask me. William and Kate have been dating for at least four years, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong). I think the royals erred on the side of too fast with Charles and Diana's marriage, but now I think they're erring on the side of too much caution. I'm sure the tabloids would find something nasty to say about Kate and William eventually anyway, but it's easy to call a couple indecisive if they've been dating for several years and haven't shown any sign of an engagement.

It's interesting that the tabloids are acting sick of Kate before there's even been an engagement; most royal brides are at least married before the fall to earth. I wonder whether the media will change their stance before the (presumably eventual) wedding, or if they'll just drum up negative publicity and rumours of doom in the run-up to the wedding.

A journalist who covered Kate for Vanity Fair gives her thoughts on Ms. Middleton and what she learned...

Kate Middleton's British Conquest: Entertainment & Culture: vanityfair.com

I doubt William rekindled his relationship with Kate after seeing pics of her in papers. Does he not read the papers, because he doesn't trust them?

Also, I just want to give my thoughts and say that I think Kate is overrated. She's been built up by the press so much, I think its overdone. No one knows what's she like. She could be very sweet, very phony, very mean or very airheaded. No one knows! And these media people talk about her as if they're in her inner circle. Its ridiculous.

I totally feel the same way. I know absolutely nothing about Kate. But the papers seem to drag her into almost ever royal story conceivable, complete with insinuations of an impending break-up or engagement. That's why I wish William would hurry up and actually get engaged to her...at least then there'd be something substantive for the media to report on (and the public to judge!)

I doubt William rekindled his relationship with Kate after seeing pics of her in papers. Does he not read the papers, because he doesn't trust them?

I'd be willing to bet they are all fairly obsessed with what is printed about them and people they know on a daily basis. If not then I'm sure someone at least makes them aware...

Thank you for this link, zembla. It's not one that I would have found for myself.:flowers: This journalist had good words for Kate after having seen her at a function during the "break-up" days. I can believe her opinion that it was the courtiers who perhaps leaked the negative comments about Kate to the media during that time. They seem to have the reputation of being "more royal than the Royals.";)

A journalist who covered Kate for Vanity Fair gives her thoughts on Ms. Middleton and what she learned...

Kate Middleton's British Conquest: Entertainment & Culture: vanityfair.com

Yeah, I've seen that video, and worse. There's a lot of people out there who are obsessively against Kate Middleton.

Yeah, I've seen that video, and worse. There's a lot of people out there who are obsessively against Kate Middleton.

Poor Kate, aren't people cruel? I know she asks for it sometimes, but its true, she isn't receiving very good press

Those last few shots of her make her look EVIL. Which, I guess, was the point of this video.;)

KATIE NICHOLL: The brunch bunch join Charles for 60th birthday party #3 | Mail Online

Prince William and Kate will join in the fun:

They haven’t been seen in public together for nine weeks but I am assured that Kate Middleton will be by Prince William’s side at Charles’s Highgrove party.
‘There was a bit of a wobble, and they didn’t see each other before William went on his trip to South Africa with his brother,’ I’m told.
‘There was a minor fallout after Kate was pictured flat on her back at her roller disco charity event but they’ve smoothed things over and Kate is planning to go to the party.’

Well you can´t blame the Daily Mail, this is another holiday isn´t it? What did they say on Youtube, 22 holidays in 18 months? I wonder if that is enough for her. Perhaps they meant 22 new outfits.

Well you can´t blame the Daily Mail, this is another holiday isn´t it? What did they say on Youtube, 22 holidays in 18 months? I wonder if that is enough for her. Perhaps they meant 22 new outfits.

I guess if they spent a few days at Highgrove, it would not be counted by Kate's detractors as a holiday, but I guess this is the "cost" of dating somebody whose family has a fair few homes.

Its amazing as you start to play with the definition of "holiday" what results can be arrived at!

My definition of holiday is simply "not working". I suppose I am defeating myself, if she does nothing then the holidays are not holidays so what are they to be called?

:ermm: Who came up with 22 holidays in 18months? :ermm:

It was on the Youtube clip.... so very reliable
Certainly inaccurate, spiteful and made by someone with the MEOW factor.
minicat-.gif
or even the
mini-dog-2932.gif
factor!

Hey now, keep the dogs & cats out of it. :dog:

Certainly inaccurate, spiteful and made by someone with the MEOW factor.
minicat-.gif
or even the
mini-dog-2932.gif
factor!

Hardly gave her time to unpack between holidays:lol: and all those free clothes would take up a lot of room too.:whistling:

Cute cat and dog though aren´t they? I wonder what Sky means by them. :whistling:

My definition of holiday is simply "not working". I suppose I am defeating myself, if she does nothing then the holidays are not holidays so what are they to be called?

From what I've read, the reported trip was a weekend away in Scotland, so perhaps neither she nor William were working anyway. I wouldn't call a weekend trip a holiday, really.

A weekend? So now she is expected to work 7 days a week or else be forever on holiday? :bang:

A weekend? So now she is expected to work 7 days a week or else be forever on holiday? :bang:

The issue is not how much she might actually work - but hoiw much she might "appear" to work in the eyes of the Daily Mail!

All I am wondering about is if this trip to Scotland counts as holiday number 23?
No one expects anyone to work 7 days a week, nor do they expect anyone to holiday 7 days a week either.
Where is the cute cat and dog? Bring them back....

Cute cat and dog though aren´t they? I wonder what Sky means by them. :whistling:
I am trying to rebuild my image
cow-36.gif
and appear friendly and approachable!
battle96.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom