The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Oh damn, William is REALLY losing his hair. I don't even think that Edward lost his this quickly.

I'll wager by the time he is King, he'll be totally bald.
I noticed that too... I don't think bald is a good look for William...maybe he can get transplants...

Old 09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I noticed that too... I don't think bald is a good look for William...maybe he can get transplants...
Yeah, he could ask the guy who drives that ghastly looking car around Windsor, upsetting his grandfather ... Elton will certainly give the best advice!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness

He should just copy Vin Diesel's look, just shave off. It's really sexy AND a tough guy look to boot, perfect for hanging out with his SAS training buds.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Perhaps he doesnt do it cause he thinks that crwon will be cold agaisnt his scalp .
Perhaps some hair injerts would do him well.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I like the mauve dress but I am a bit disappointed that we didn´t get a better look at the dirndl.
Menarue, I have found a better view of the bridal dirndl on this larger picture of the happy couple after the ceremony.
The dirndl comes in many variations - every day, festive, bridal. The festive and bridal dirndls are very expensive and made from brocade & silk.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

That dirndl is lovely I had no idea that they came in different models for different occasions. This one looks as though it is made of silk and has a very expensive look about it. They make a lovely looking young couple.
We learn something new every day on this forum...... thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the picture, Veronika! I must admit, when I heard the phrase "bridal dirndl," I conjured up images of pigtails and polka. But that is just absolutely lovely. Menarue, you're right, we do learn tons of new things on this forum!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

This was reported in several newspapers, albeit all tebloid-style, so there might be a tiny part of truth here. Besides, with the latest news of William's career ambitions, it is entirely possible Catherine decided to go ahead with hers. If so, I only applaud her for that.

Kate Middleton to launch interior design business

Kate Middleton is rumoured to be starting up her own company.
The graduate, 26, has been criticised for not holding down a full-time job since being awarded with a History Of Arts degree 5 years ago. So she has set her mind on launching an interior design business.
Insiders say she’s determined to prove herself to boyfriend Prince William and the Royal family.

‘She is extremely well-read on interior design and has a natural flair and individual style,’ a source tells the Sunday People.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebri...gn-business/1/
Old 09-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Majesty

I hope these storiers are untrue and Kate is not planning to set up aninteriors design business. Whilst Kate is not a member of the BRF, she is close enough for those people that want to to try and claim that she is trying to benefit from her position (as we have seen with Sophie Wessex). Secondly, with the economic environment the way it is, it is hardly going to be a great time to launch such a business. If she does want to pursue a career in interior design, she is probably better off working for an exisiting designer. How about Annabel Elliot, Camilla's sister? Annabel has already worked on a number of commissions for the Duchy of Cornwall, including, if I am not mistaken, the new Welsh home for C&C.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The report seems to be based on an article in the Sunday People, which if I am not mistaken is the sister of one of the tabloids, the Mirror.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

And here is another article, this time actually from the queen of tabloids itself - the Mirror. There might be some truth here though because the mirror does one of the rarest things in its history - names the source of the story. And since the source is the brother of the boy in question, this may, after all, be true. The headline is really stupid though; I'd prefer they didn't use the words 'inspired by death'.

Kate Middleton inspired by death of old school friend for latest charity project

The untimely death of an old schoolfriend has inspired Kate Middleton's most ambitious charity project yet.
Tom Waley-Cohen, who was at boarding school with Kate and became friends with princes William and Harry, died aged 20 after a long battle against bone cancer.
Kate, 26, was devastated when Tom died in July 2004. Since then she has been involved behind the scenes supporting his family's £1million fund - raising campaign for a surgical ward at Oxford Children's Hospital named after him.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Majesty

This is great. This is exactly the kind of thing we would love to hear about Kate getting involved in, in addition toworking for her parents. It would be useful if our friends at the Mirror can get a little more detail on the exact nature of her involvement.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Commoner

Skaty Katie: Wills' girl goes back to the 80s at roller disco in hotpants and sequins | Mail Online Daily Mail
Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

She does look good. Quite refreshing to see her in an outfit like that. Love the panties!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Courtier

ummmm....I don't remember dressing like that in the 80's. And what is with that last pic of the chick in the tu-tu thingy??? And the headband???
I think it's more of the 70's than the 80's.
But then again, what would they know? They were probably just babies in the 80's!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

I think it's 80's disco. Not that I actually remember what they wore at the discos in the 80's... But it looks nice anyway.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

They're copying the look Olivia Newton-John made famous with "Let's Get Physical" etc.

http://carlgaines.files.wordpress.co...ysical_981.jpg

And may I take the opportunity to say that Kate has absolutely terrific legs! Not keen on her choice of colours - I would have liked to see a pink top to match the socks - but she sure looks good.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Good on Kate for doing some charity work, she looks like she had fun.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

She looks great!!!

It's good to see her taking part in such events!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Did anyone realise that the Mail calls her Miss Middleton throughout the article? I wonder why they get so formal suddenly?

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william