Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one for comparing, but in this instance, I'd have to agree. Certainly between Mary and Catherine (and not just because they have lengthy brunette hair!).

Their outward manner, physique, and respective sense of style (in that they know what looks good on them) could easily command a comparison or two.

Catherine will be to the UK, Commonwealth and far beyond, what Mary is to Denmark, Greenland and Australia. Though Catherine will be a darling of Australian women's magazines alongside Mary, I'm sure.

HM former Press Secretary, Dickie Arbeiter was on an Australian news program early this morning (SunRise on the 7 Network often has him via satellite for it's royal info segment) where he himself made mention, though rather briefly, that theres a likeliness to one of 'ours'. Suggesting, Catherine appears to be the 'Mary Donovan' sort of woman :D:p Though need it be said he stated it in an affirming manner.

In any case, I thought that's Crown Princess Mary to you, Mr Arbeiter!..lol.

Last edited:
I'm not one for comparing, but in this instance, I'd have to agree. Certainly between Mary and Catherine (and not just because they have lengthy brunette hair!).

Their outward manner, physique, and respective sense of style (in that they know what looks good on them) could easily command a comparison or two.

Catherine will be to the UK, Commonwealth and far beyond, what Mary is to Denmark, Greenland and Australia. Though Catherine will be a darling of Australian women's magazines alongside Mary, I'm sure.

HM former Press Secretary, Dickie Arbeiter was on an Australian news program early this morning (SunRise on the 7 Network often has him via satellite for it's royal info segment) where he himself made mention, though rather briefly, that theres a likeliness to one of 'ours'. Suggesting, Catherine appears to be the 'Mary Donovan' sort of woman :D:p Though need it be said he stated it in an affirming manner.

In any case, I thought that's Crown Princess Mary to you, Mr Arbeiter!..lol.

Especially when Mary was Mary Donaldson and a descendant of a legendary Scottish clan.

Kate does look slimmer, but she is getting married in less than 3 weeks. It's stressful enough getting married, let alone knowing half the world is watching, and however much she has been prepared for royal life, which is probably pretty comprehensively, it is the unknown. I think she is coping remarkable well with it!!

And the cut of that suit is beautiful! :wub:

Kate looks fabulous, I think. She's slim, but she's always been slim. She looks fit and healthy and very happy. They make a lovely couple, and they work very well together and seeing their mutual affection and happiness makes me smile.

:previous: I think we have just gotten ourselves a second "tag team". Both William and Catherine worked the crowd together like pro's and since the engagement seem quite happy for us to see how much they are in love and, just like Victoria and Daniel after their engagement was announced, they seem to love touching each other as they pass, in a quite unselfconscious way.

Catherine has distinguished herself in the run-up to the wedding and I was pleased to see court shoes instead of boots but, she was sensible about it with a wide heel that wasn't going to embed her, gracelessly, into the grass.

The new "do" looked great and and her ensemble was a symphony of restrained elegance, entirely suitable for the occasion.

Kate does look slimmer, but she is getting married in less than 3 weeks.

I only hope she wont do it like Victoria of Sweden who lost weight before her wedding, gained it afterwards (and maybe an extra bit) and has now to face the "bump watchers" all day, who think she is a bit fuller because of a pregnancy.... While Swedish papers are rather polite, I hate to think of the articles British papers could produce....

I only hope she wont do it like Victoria of Sweden who lost weight before her wedding, gained it afterwards (and maybe an extra bit) and has now to face the "bump watchers" all day, who think she is a bit fuller because of a pregnancy.... While Swedish papers are rather polite, I hate to think of the articles British papers could produce....
Many brides lose weight in the run-up to their wedding and let's face it, Kate has more pressure on her since CP's Mary and Letizia and an adoring audience expecting the "Wedding of the Decade".. Yeah right! No pressure!

Now if she had put on weight the DM and it's cohorts would have plastered her all over their front pages and pilloried her to hell and back,

Whatever else we may think, she looked happy and healthy and to be honest what more can we ask for.

With the success they've had in Wales and Ireland and Scotland and now England...I believe they should make visits like these on an annual basis...at least until William completes his tour of duty with the RAF...just a thought, just a thought.

On her weight loss "dilemma"...how much does she weigh now?, how much has she lost?, how much should she weigh?, why?, how tall is she?, is she still maintaining an average BMI? IMHO this whole weight loss, "rapidly thinning", unhealthy decrease in size...would everything been ok if she did it the "healthy" way?...is another attempt to mold Catherine into the likeness of another woman closely associated with William, who sadly perished over ten years ago.

is another attempt to mold Catherine into the likeness of another woman closely associated with William, who sadly perished over ten years ago.

The positive thing is that Catherine is years older and now very used to the way the media works, so it can be hoped that she will pay no attention whatsoever to the content of their articles. I seem to recall that Diana was "fixed" to the articles about her and I think this is not going to happen to Catherine. Plus: Catherine has William as her "mirror" and this loving mirror will hopefully always answer to the question: "Who's the fairiest of them all?" with "Of course you are, darling". :flowers: (BTW: I am quite rounded, but I have such a loving husband-mirror and it's good to here the answer every day and every time I need it. I wish that luck for Catherine as well!)

Just watching the video highlights of yesterday I am struck by what a fantastic smile Kate has - it sounds a little cliched but it really illuminates her face. I too can't see any signs of a sickly disposition. She should look pretty amazing on The Day.

Sherlock221B said:
On her weight loss "dilemma"...how much does she weigh now?, how much has she lost?, how much should she weigh?, why?, how tall is she?, is she still maintaining an average BMI? IMHO this whole weight loss, "rapidly thinning", unhealthy decrease in size...would everything been ok if she did it the "healthy" way?...is another attempt to mold Catherine into the likeness of another woman closely associated with William, who sadly perished over ten years ago.

I think most people can tell the difference between oh she's lost weight and no she hasn't. As I said before it's understandable I just hope after the wedding it doesn't continue, it's a slippery slope and let's remember the camera adds 10lbs so in real life she's prob thin

But.... maybe for the press it's a comparasion but I don't believe anyone at TRF has made any attemp to mold her into a likness due to weight loss, just commenting on something (as we and many press did) doesn't equal automatically comparing her to her mother in law.......This will be the other Diana factor, some plp will assume anything anyone points out the 2 had in common is a comparrasion, after awhile the papers will prob have 'stop comparing me to Williams mother says Kate' headlines!

Ah the saga :)

MRSJ said:
...just commenting on something (as we and many press did) doesn't equal automatically comparing her to her mother in law

Absolutely right!

MRSJ said:
.......This will be the other Diana factor, some plp will assume anything anyone points out the 2 had in common is a comparrasion

Huh...I think that is comparing otherwise how can one know if they're alike or different?

MRSJ said:
...,after awhile the papers will prob have 'stop comparing me to Williams mother says Kate

The headline should be: 'Catherine is the Most Important Woman In My Life says William'...he & Harry need to put an end to this insane exploitation of their mother's legacy, especially William for Catherine's happiness as his wife...but that is for another thread...just a thought, just a thought

Back to the topic...over time "orchestrated" events like these, IMHO will keep the pap at bay, especially if the press is given advanced notice.

Back to the topic...over time "orchestrated" events like these, IMHO will keep the pap at bay, especially if the press is given advanced notice.

I think you are right in this. The palace surely has quite some influence when it comes to the media.Only when Sarah and Andrew seperated and when Diana did the Morton-book, both princesses were left out in the cold mediawise. So I believe as long as Catherine stays discreet herself and doesnt encourage the media (which she won't do as this would hurt William) she can be relatively sure that her private life stays private. That no pics of her working out in a gym turn up. That only decent shopping pics appear showing her shopping for christmas gifts together with her mother-in-law eg are shown. That she is only pictured leaving restaurants when she was there with family and rarely so. Arriving for engagements but not enjoying a pint at a pub.

As long as she doesn't fall for media stings (and why should she?) and sticks to the rules for Royal ladies herself, the media will respect her, I'M sure.

What do you think?

IMO, I don't think she looks any thinner than she did during the first engagement. Like others have said, her hair being pulled back may be giving the illusion that her face is thinner.

But if she has lost weight, I imagine she'll gain it back after the wedding. I've heard lot of brides end up losing weight pre-wedding - all the stress of planning, I suppose.

You're welcome. I'll probably have the same reaction. Lol.

YouTube - Raw Video: William and Kate's Last Public Trip

They're absolutely charming together...what happiness!

:previous: I think we have just gotten ourselves a second "tag team". Both William and Catherine worked the crowd together like pro's and since the engagement seem quite happy for us to see how much they are in love and, just like Victoria and Daniel after their engagement was announced, they seem to love touching each other as they pass, in a quite unselfconscious way.

Catherine has distinguished herself in the run-up to the wedding and I was pleased to see court shoes instead of boots but, she was sensible about it with a wide heel that wasn't going to embed her, gracelessly, into the grass.

The new "do" looked great and and her ensemble was a symphony of restrained elegance, entirely suitable for the occasion.

I agree completely. When you see them on video you can feel the warmth of their relationship. I'm also struck by just how charismatic Catherine is when I see her talking to people - that doesn't always show up in still photos. She's radiant, and has a beautiful smile. She's a natural.

I liked her hair - it wasn't fussy or severe, but it kept it out of her face for the most part. I hope we'll see it like this for the wedding.

As for the shoes, a thinner heel would have had her sinking into mud for sure once she was outside, especially after such torrential rain. They were still quite stylish, and yet sensible.

Well done, to both of them!

:previous:I did not know it was posted before just came acrossed it sorry ...

I saw that trailer before...fiction on real life..but I will be the frist to say, I will be watching.........lol nothing else on Monday nights anyway.

Last edited:
I have to say the affection between the two of them has skyrockected since the engagement was announced. I remember everyone saying they saw no spark between the two of them.. can't say that now.

Lady Ann said:
I have to say the affection between the two of them has skyrockected since the engagement was announced. I remember everyone saying they saw no spark between the two of them.. can't say that now.

Yes almost now they can show their 'coupleness publically' .....like now they can publicall acknowledge they're together :)

Isn't the young woman playing Kate an English actress? When she said, "He's just a guy," it sounded completely American to me.;)

I'm seriously amazed by the story! They rewrote it all! I can't stop laughing.

Yes almost now they can show their 'coupleness publically' .....like now they can publicall acknowledge they're together :)

For so long they felt the need to keep things private, I'm still suprise they are sharing the same room! I don't see they going all "Victoria and Daniel" on us :p, but it's nice to catch them being more comfortable with eachother, in the presence of cameras.

Isn't the young woman playing Kate an English actress? When she said, "He's just a guy," it sounded completely American to me.;)

According to her , she's from the same region as Kate. But she also doen't sound english to me. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom