Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: October-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
well, there are those botox rumors...

I don't think she has. A dear friend of mine has been having botox for a few years and she's got two rosy hard cheeks so when you give her a showbizzy kiss, you get bashed by these hard cheeks! Camilla doesn't seem to have the hamster effect in her cheeks. But she may have just had a little bit. Whatever she's had done or hasn't had done - she looks amazing!

well, at the tender age of 22 I of course know nothing about botox but I have observed that the way it looks varies greatly from person to person. if camilla has it, she's definitely a "success story."

i am going to assume she doesnt have botox and her youthful look is the result of good makeup, healthy living and the relief of finally being married to the man she loves.

Skydragon said:
So why wasn't Sarah styled Princess Andrew, Duchess of York?

Because Andrew held a dukedom, it was not necessary for Sarah to be styled "Princess Andrew". She was HRH The Duchess of York while married.

Charlotte1 said:
No it is not OK to say Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, it is wrong. Even if it has 'The'. The correct title is The Duchess of Cornwall or The Duchess of Rothesay etc.

The correct and only form of address is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (or Duchess of Rothesay while in Scotland). But, one of her correct styles is "HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall", although it is very rare to address the wife of a Prince of the UK this way. Similarly, Princess Michael could be referred to as "HRH Marie-Christine, Princess Michael of Kent", but this is never used.

Charlotte1 said:
No it's wrong. She's HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. She would only be Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall if she and Charles were to divorce. When Diana was married she was The Princess of Wales, after her divorce she was Diana, Princess of Wales. Same with Sarah, during her marriage she was The Duchess of York, now she's Sarah, The Duchess of York. If Andrew were to remarry his new wife would be The Duchess or York.

In regards to Camilla still being referred to as the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla Parker Bowles, check the origin of the text. For example in Spain woman retain their maiden names, Letizia is referred to as Princess of the Austrias, Letizia Ortiz. Mary is referred to as CP Mary Donaldson. ( yes I know Parker Bowles wasn't her maiden name but the name she was previously known by)

Wow..so direct in self assurance there..

She is HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.. among the many other titles she has as well....

Warren said:
Perhaps, on a quiet news day, the London tabloids could start a campaign: "Greedy Queen Hoards Tiaras!" ... "The 'Sun' calls on HM to open up her dusty vaults" ... "Share the Tiaras, Ma'am!" ... "New Camilla Tiara Snub" ... "Palace Rocked in New Tiara Scandal!" ... "Insult to Camilla! Sophie Has More Tiaras!" ... "Monarchy Threatened! Camilla's Hand Me Down Tiara Shock!" ... "House of Windsor Tiara Feud!"

Or something along these lines. :) Sorry, I was on a roll.

Ma'am to Cam....Hands Off My Rocks!!!!

branchg said:
The correct and only form of address is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (or Duchess of Rothesay while in Scotland). But, one of her correct styles is "HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall", although it is very rare to address the wife of a Prince of the UK this way. Similarly, Princess Michael could be referred to as "HRH Marie-Christine, Princess Michael of Kent", but this is never used.

In that respect, that is not correct....not trying to sound mean..but Marie-Christine is not used as in the formal styling of her title.

She is HRH Princess Michael of Kent.

branchg said:

Thanks for clearing that up branchg:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom