Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: October-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren said:
Shouldn't she have a different tiara for each title?

Wouldn't that be nice. I wonder what design she would choose if she had the chance?

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive at Warrington Bank Quay train station to begin their one day visit to Liverpool on November 18, 2005 in Warrington, England

From getty

Attachments

• 56221475.jpg
    56221475.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 56221489.jpg
    56221489.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 154
fanletizia said:
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive at Warrington Bank Quay train station to begin their one day visit to Liverpool on November 18, 2005 in Warrington, England

From getty

Thank you for those, what is getty?

Skydragon said:
Thank you for those, what is getty?
Getty Images, one of the big Picture Agencies we must always remember to give credit to when we post pics.

Last edited:
Warren said:
Getty Images, one of the big Picture Agencies we must alway remember to give credit to when we post pics.

How come they manage to get all these photo's do you think, when the British media will be so far behind?

Skydragon said:
How come they manage to get all these photo's do you think, when the British media will be so far behind?

They take the photos and post them on their sites. The British media waits for newspaper editions or news broadcasts, IMO.

Layla1971 said:
They take the photos and post them on their sites. The British media waits for newspaper editions or news broadcasts, IMO.

Thank you for that, it makes sense. I seem to find out more of whats happening on here than on any of the news channels. Sky should start a royalty watch channel!!:)

Skydragon said:
Thank you for that, it makes sense. I seem to find out more of whats happening on here than on any of the news channels. Sky should start a royalty watch channel!!:)

Yeah they should! But, I think our forum would be the only people watching!:) :D

Layla1971 said:
The pics are posted on the Agency site as a showcase for buyers, whether it be newspapers or magazines. The photographer gets paid for each picture sold and Getty takes a commission. Copyright would be vested with the Photo Agency because it has the financial and legal resources to take action if someone uses a pic "illegally". We get the pics with watermarks which means they haven't been paid for. This is why it is essential we give the Agency credit for any pic we put on the Board.

Warren said:
The pics are posted on the Agency site as a showcase for buyers, whether it be newspapers or magazines. The photographer gets paid for each picture sold and Getty takes a commission. Copyright would be vested with the Photo Agency because it has the financial and legal resources to take action if someone uses a pic "illegally". We get the pics with watermarks which means they haven't been paid for. This is why it is essential we give the Agency credit for any pic we put on the Board.

Yes, but the newspapers and news get the first divs. The newspapers could buy the pics and put them on their websites, but usually they don't.

Skydragon said:
[
I read somewhere on the net, that in the UK, you are only entitled to be called princess, if you are actually of royal birth.
Although she could be called PoW, she is not entitled to be called Princess Camilla.
Is that right??:)

In the UK you are entitled to be called princess only if you are the daughter or granddaughter of a monarch. So it's always wrong to call Diana, Princess Diana. And Camilla isn't Princess Camilla. Louise the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex is actually Princess Louise but her parents said they wish her to be know as Lady Louise.

The only exception to this being born a princess rule was Alice, The Duchess of Gloucester (sp!) mother of the current duke. When the current Duke of Kent married his wife became the current Duchess of Kent so his mother who was known as the Duchess of Kent said that she would be styled Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. She was a Greek princess in her own right. Alice was not born a princess ( she was Lady Alice) but after her husband died asked to be known as Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester. QE2 allowed this title as acknowledgement of the loyal service Alice had given to the crown.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Fergie is not Sarah, The Duchess of York. She is Sarah, Duchess of York. Adding a The makes it Royal I think. Thats why it is Ok to call her Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall.

No it is not OK to say Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, it is wrong. Even if it has 'The'. The correct title is The Duchess of Cornwall or The Duchess of Rothesay etc.

Skydragon said:
I read that headline and thought, you would have thought they had seen them before.:D

LOL Skydragon :D

Warren said:
Shouldn't she have a different tiara for each title?

what a good idea! I think we should start a letter writing campaign.

Camilla deserves it.

Skydragon said:
[
I read somewhere on the net, that in the UK, you are only entitled to be called princess, if you are actually of royal birth.
Although she could be called PoW, she is not entitled to be called Princess Camilla.
Is that right??:)

When you marry a Prince of the UK, you automatically hold the rank of Princess of the UK and are styled after your husband's peerages. So, Camilla is formally HRH The Princess Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, and styled as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. Legally, of course, she is HRH The Princess of Wales, etc.

Lady Alice became HRH The Princess Henry, Duchess of Gloucester upon marriage and was styled (with the Queen's consent) Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester after Prince Richard married.

Princess Marina was born a princess and was entitled to retain her rank upon marriage as HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. She asked the Queen for permission to assume her rank of princess of Greece and Denmark in the UK, which was granted.

The only exception to this rule was Wallis Simpson. Upon marriage, she should have automatically become HRH Princess Edward, Duchess of Windsor, but was denied the rank of Princess of the UK with the prefix of HRH by letters patent. Therefore, she was simply HG The Duchess of Windsor.

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
what a good idea! I think we should start a letter writing campaign.
Camilla deserves it.
Perhaps, on a quiet news day, the London tabloids could start a campaign: "Greedy Queen Hoards Tiaras!" ... "The 'Sun' calls on HM to open up her dusty vaults" ... "Share the Tiaras, Ma'am!" ... "New Camilla Tiara Snub" ... "Palace Rocked in New Tiara Scandal!" ... "Insult to Camilla! Sophie Has More Tiaras!" ... "Monarchy Threatened! Camilla's Hand Me Down Tiara Shock!" ... "House of Windsor Tiara Feud!"

Or something along these lines. :) Sorry, I was on a roll.

Warren said:
Perhaps, on a quiet news day, the London tabloids could start a campaign: "Greedy Queen Hoards Tiaras!" ... "The 'Sun' calls on HM to open up her dusty vaults" ... "Share the Tiaras, Ma'am!" ... "New Camilla Tiara Snub" ... "Palace Rocked in New Tiara Scandal!" ... "Insult to Camilla! Sophie Has More Tiaras!" ... "Monarchy Threatened! Camilla's Hand Me Down Tiara Shock!" ... "House of Windsor Tiara Feud!"

lol. wow, you toss those off so effortlessly. do you do that for a living? are you actually a sleazy tabloid editor moonlighting as a moderator on a "respectable board"?

my contribution: "Queen's deathgrip on royal jewel box"

Warren said:

That is so funny Warren:D but, please don't give them ideas, you know what they are like.

branchg said:
When you marry a Prince of the UK, you automatically hold the rank of Princess of the UK and are styled after your husband's peerages. So, Camilla is formally HRH The Princess Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, and styled as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. Legally, of course, she is HRH The Princess of Wales, etc.

So why wasn't Sarah styled Princess Andrew, Duchess of York?

Charlotte1 said:
In the UK you are entitled to be called princess only if you are the daughter or granddaughter of a monarch. So it's always wrong to call Diana, Princess Diana. And Camilla isn't Princess Camilla. Louise the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex is actually Princess Louise but her parents said they wish her to be know as Lady Louise.

Thank you for that, I knew I had seen something somewhere but, finding it again would be too much to ask.:)

pollyemma said:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/18/camillalights/

here's a hello magazine article on the lighting of the christmas tree. i like hello magazine. its informative but still light and usually pretty nice.not catty.

?

The coat dress is beautiful and Valentine is one of her favourite designers. Do you think it's worth a subscription, we are so far away from any shops, that it would be a major expedition to go and get a copy.

the prince of wales and duchess camilla in liverpool :)

pics from getty

Attachments

• 56221475.jpg
    56221475.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 56221489.jpg
    56221489.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 149
  • 56221668.jpg
    56221668.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 179
  • 56221670.jpg
    56221670.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 56221674.jpg
    56221674.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 135
Skydragon said:
The coat dress is beautiful and Valentine is one of her favourite designers. Do you think it's worth a subscription, we are so far away from any shops, that it would be a major expedition to go and get a copy.

I dont subscribe and I think that may be a bit too much of a good thing(of course I live in the US so its really expensice) but its always a pleasure to read it in the bookshop.

the online version is great too.
my daily trifecta of websites is Hello, the royal forums and the GREMB. they're like coffee, i cant start the morning without them.

It's actually my favourite picture of Camilla. I hope we get it without a watermark at some stage. Is it me or is she using more make-up. Last night when she turned on the lights and today, she looks alot younger.

BeatrixFan said:
It's actually my favourite picture of Camilla. I hope we get it without a watermark at some stage. Is it me or is she using more make-up. Last night when she turned on the lights and today, she looks alot younger.

well, there are those botox rumors...

well, there are those botox rumors...

I don't think she has. A dear friend of mine has been having botox for a few years and she's got two rosy hard cheeks so when you give her a showbizzy kiss, you get bashed by these hard cheeks! Camilla doesn't seem to have the hamster effect in her cheeks. But she may have just had a little bit. Whatever she's had done or hasn't had done - she looks amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom