Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: October-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No its most definitely not an authorized copy but if Charles wrote nothing but complain about stupid officials he had to meet, that's something that any public official has at one time said or wrote privately about others. Any feigned outrage about that is just a poorly disguised attempt to make another swipe at Charles for hurting Diana.

Can you imagine what Charles and Bush privately said about each other after their meeting? :D We can guess but some things are not worth knowing.

Clarence House may have to initiate proceedings to protect their legal rights to privacy but I think its unwise for Charles to make a big deal about it.

Last edited:
saw an elderly woman editor of one of the big papers discussing the sundaypapers this morning on the bbc and she mentioned the journals and the fact that charles like all of us has his likes and dislikes and the chinese government is not one of his likes, he was unavailable to attend anything with them because he had the dalai lama as a houseguest at highgrove. do not know when he returned from the states and when the chinese left the uk but there must some truth in it.

Yes, same black hat with white band but no ornamental bits, the black suit looked familiar too. Does anyone know who the small lady was on the balcony, I didn't catch her name. I don't hold the Mail in much regard but I was interested in their views on this and fascinated by their sudden admiration for the Prince.

susan alicia said:
saw an elderly woman editor of one of the big papers discussing the sundaypapers this morning on the bbc and she mentioned the journals and the fact that charles like all of us has his likes and dislikes and the chinese government is not one of his likes, he was unavailable to attend anything with them because he had the dalai lama as a houseguest at highgrove. do not know when he returned from the states and when the chinese left the uk but there must some truth in it.

Well, if the US tour was timed so that he didn't have to meet the Chinese president, he's taking advantage of the sort of latitude he won't have the luxury of affording when he becomes King. If the government wants to put out friendly overtures to a foreign leader, the monarch has to go along with it.

Can Mandy or anybody else post pics of TRH The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall at the Festival of Rememberence last night and at the cenotaph rememberence ceremonies today. I would greatly appreciate it.

Mandy isn't around at the moment, but I'm sure someone will be able to post them.

Wheres Mandy when you need her. Shes a real doll. Always has pics for every event and good ones too. If anyone else has pics please post them.

rianmelt said:
Yes, same black hat with white band but no ornamental bits, the black suit looked familiar too. Does anyone know who the small lady was on the balcony, I didn't catch her name.

It was the same hat and sorry, it still had the ornamental bits on it. I thought it was Princess Alexandra standing with Camilla.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely to see Princess Alexandra up on the balcony. And of course, she gets on very well with Camilla. I don't think Hello Magazine should have made a big fuss of it being Camilla's first appearance at Remembrance Sunday. That wasn't the landmark we were focussing on yesterday.

nice hat, except for the "antenna."

i wonder how many channels it picks up.

Happy Birthday Charles. I hope he has a good one this year. Are Princess Alexandra and Camilla friends? It was an importent event for Camilla. They made a big fuss when William attended it last year too.

Alexandra and Camilla have been friends for years. Camilla often spends the weekend with Alexandria (and in the past with Angus). Alexandra asked if she could sit with Camilla at the Jubilee Concerts.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Are Princess Alexandra and Camilla friends? It was an importent event for Camilla. They made a big fuss when William attended it last year too.

I don't know about friends, Princess Alexandra is rarely in the news here.
I don't know why they make such a fuss about who has attended.
I suppose with Camilla, it was a case of 'she's a member of the family now'.:)

BeatrixFan said:
Alexandra and Camilla have been friends for years. Camilla often spends the weekend with Alexandria (and in the past with Angus). Alexandra asked if she could sit with Camilla at the Jubilee Concerts.

Thanks for that Beatrixfan, I had no idea.:)

He is 57 years old today. He doesnt age that well I must say. I have a 60 year old proffeser and Charles looks older than him. Do you think his wife and kids threw him a party. I dont think he has any engagments today. I wish him 43 more happy birthdays and maybe more with his family history.

Poor Charles..in many respects..if you had as much to deal with over the past 20 years like him...you would not be aging as well either... :)

Maybe his new good friend, Joan Rivers, could recommend a plastic surgeon?? JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!!!!! :) :) :)

{response to off-topic post deleted - Elspeth}

It was great to see Princess Alexandra in the pics. Hope she is doing okay despite the loss of her husband.

Received my Vanity Fair in the mail today...decent clean article about Charles and Camilla. Would be nice if everyone (basically the media) took the same high road.

BeatrixFan said:

This is true. Camilla is also quite friendly with Princess Anne and the Duchess of Kent. She is said to be not so enamoured of Princes Andrew and Edward, probably due to their rather sour relationship with Charles.

I thought Charles and Andrew were on better terms now. Does anyone know the cause of the split?

Camilla visits the newly refurbished club in Bayswater, central London, Wednesday Nov. 16, 2005. Soroptimist International describes itself as an organisation for women in management and the professions, which has branches in 119 countries worldwide

From polfoto

Attachments

• AP467996_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP467996_guest.jpg.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 133
  • AP467998_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP467998_guest.jpg.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 167
  • AP468000_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP468000_guest.jpg.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 167
yes it was solo. she's really coming into her own.

great suit! have we seen it before?

I like her double bracelets. makes me wonder if she's getting style tips from Maxima;)

Camilla is much more stylish in Britian. I was a bit disappointed in America but she makes up for it. She looks good. She is looking thinner. Maybe it is the black but I saw a pic of her at a memorial service for a producer recently on Hello! and she looked thinner. Maybe its the black but anyway she looks good.

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall arrives at the newly refurbished Soroptimists Residential Club during a visit to Bayswater in London, November 16, 2005. The Duchess of Cornwall will unveil a plaque before attending a private function at the club. (Getty images)

Attachments

• 56185703.jpg
    56185703.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 56185821.jpg
    56185821.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 56185825.jpg
    56185825.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 56185863.jpg
    56185863.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 135
The office of the heir to the British throne, Clarence House, announced Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005, that Charles was giving up polo, the equestrian sport he has played for more than 40 years. A spokesman said Charles, who turned 57 this week, had "regretfully" decided not to return to the polo field next season

from polfoto

fanletizia said:
The office of the heir to the British throne, Clarence House, announced Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005, that Charles was giving up polo, the equestrian sport he has played for more than 40 years. A spokesman said Charles, who turned 57 this week, had "regretfully" decided not to return to the polo field next season

from polfoto

Trust me, bones don't heal as quickly at 57. Even a fall can be dangerous at the speeds they do.:)

Its about time. Polo is a dangerous sport and its physically very demanded; not like foxhunting

Skydragon said:
Trust me, bones don't heal as quickly at 57. Even a fall can be dangerous at the speeds they do.:)

he also said in an interview he's giving up polo because he'd like to spend more time with his wife. so sweet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom