The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Nobility

Thank you! I hadn't heard anything about it!

Old 09-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

There isn't anything on the monarchy website about upcoming engagements for Camilla and Charles but you do hear Charles in the news making speeches etc. Are all the engagements on the calendar? I can't believe the Queen would let them sit out a couple of months since everybody else has a full calendar.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Which tiara do you suppose? I am sure she will not wear any of the tiaras that Diana ever wore...if nothing else...so that there is no comparison.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Good question. I think the Queen has a lot more tiaras than she uses. I think some of the more bejeweled and ornate tiaras are semi-retired.

I'd love to see the Dagmar set on somebody. I've heard about it but never seen it.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Royal Highness

God help us one and all......Chuckie and Cam are coming to the States for an official visit and he will be interviewed by the American TV show "60 Minutes". Apparently, they have carte blanche on the questions they may ask him. No word if the mrs. will be joining him on the show.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Nobility

Just wondering, doesn't she get her own tiara?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
he will be interviewed by the American TV show "60 Minutes". Apparently, they have carte blanche on the questions they may ask him.
That could be interesting. Well 60 minutes is no fluffy newsshow. If Mike Wallace is still around, it could make for an interesting interview but somehow I think they'll put Ed with Charles. Camilla is probably a better interviewee though.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
That could be interesting. Well 60 minutes is no fluffy newsshow. If Mike Wallace is still around, it could make for an interesting interview but somehow I think they'll put Ed with Charles. Camilla is probably a better interviewee though.
Charles is going to be on 60 Minutes?? They are going to put him through the ringer unless the courtiers can get the show to back off!! This is going to be quite interesting!!! Talk about going before a firing squad!! This is beyond Charles' usual shooting himself in the foot!!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
God help us one and all......Chuckie and Cam are coming to the States for an official visit and he will be interviewed by the American TV show "60 Minutes". Apparently, they have carte blanche on the questions they may ask him. No word if the mrs. will be joining him on the show.
Wow. Cool...I'll be very interested to see how the interview goes. When is the official visit and interview to take place? Hopefully, they show the interview as soon as it's done...I'm very curious to see how it goes. (I don't mean to sound dumb but....What's a "carte blanche"?)
Old 09-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
Wow. Cool...I'll be very interested to see how the interview goes. When is the official visit and interview to take place? Hopefully, they show the interview as soon as it's done...I'm very curious to see how it goes. (I don't mean to sound dumb but....What's a "carte blanche"?)

Carte Blanche means free reign, no restrictions.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Good question. I think the Queen has a lot more tiaras than she uses. I think some of the more bejeweled and ornate tiaras are semi-retired.

I'd love to see the Dagmar set on somebody. I've heard about it but never seen it.
There is a huge discussion in the Royal Jewels subforum on just this issue.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

There will ba a gala dinner at Buckingham palace and a banquet (probably only black tie and no tiaras) at the Guild Hall (sp?) during the Norwegian visit. Most probably King Harald will give Camilla the Order of St Olav as he has given it to other wifes of Heirs (like Mathilde) and he wont make a difference. Camilla and Charles will also have Haakon and Mette-Marit for tea in their home. (This is what is reported in Norwegian press today but I cannot find the original press release)
Old 09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Nobility

I also think the queen will give camilla the order but I think it will be in four or five years. Sophie only got hers I believe recently and she has been married for years.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Sophie's RFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I also think the Queen will give Camilla the Order but I think it will be in four or five years. Sophie only got hers I believe recently and she has been married for years.
We don't know exactly when Sophie received her Royal Family Order. We just know she wore it for the first time in public in Copenhagen in May 2004. It must have been a very proud moment, knowing that every Royal (and Royal Watcher) would recognise the significance of what she had pinned to her gown.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Carte Blanche means free reign, no restrictions.
Thanks for explaining, tiarapin. Woo...this makes the interview sound even more interesting. I'm looking forward to it for sure now.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

The 60 minutes interview has already been done. It was done at Highgrove I think. Prince Charles chose an american program to do the interview because americans are more willing to give second chances and focus on the now and future not the past. Prince Charles is the only one doing the interview. He talks about Diana, his boys, what he is currently doing and his new wife Camilla. I think it will be a great interview. It is charles first TV interview since confessing to adultery. They have a lot to talk about and I think it will be good.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Administrator

I can't wait to see it as well. What could he possibly have to say about Diana?!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

He talks about Diana,???????? he never talks about diana, diana never existed for him.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana did exist to him. Charles did love Diana but he did not lust for her and his love for her was more of a friendly mother of my children love. I do not know what he has to say about Diana but charles never got to defend himself and I do not think he will defend himself in this but i do not know he has to say.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Pointless speculation

Rather than speculate about what Charles may or may not have to say in the interview we will just wait for it to be broadcast.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums Moderator

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales