Prince Harry Current Events 7: August-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
It was the possibility of the Prince of Wales being taken prisoner that stopped George V from sending his eldest son to fight in the first world war, but the second son (Prince Albert) was expected to go and fight.

I didn't realize that Elspeth. Did he go?

Prince Albert, later George VI, was on HMS Collingwood during the Battle of Jutland.

iowabelle said:
Prince Albert, later George VI, was on HMS Collingwood during the Battle of Jutland.

Thanks iowabelle. are you from Iowa by any chance? :)

I found this in Time.com's obituary in 1952 for George VI:

he was second-in-command of "A" turret aboard H.M.S. Collingwood. "The King," remembered Turret Commander W.E.C. Tait years later, "made cocoa as usual for me and the gun crew during the battle."

According to Sara's articles posted above, William's motorbike can go 165 mph.

Yes, ysbel, I live in Iowa (for now at least). I'm not good at coming up with names for myself so I put iowa, then Belle (for my girl cat) and sometimes Flower (for my boy cat, he doesn't know he has a girly name!).

in that pic of harry they put dirt on him.... that is kinda odd!

good photo though makes him seem down to earth

haha. Harry has a fun&sweet grandma. she seems much less formal&rigid to her grandchildren than she was to her children

haha how does the sun know this? this is a cute story but i doubt that it's true...

I don't know if it is true or not but we have been getting reports for a few weeks now that the Queen has been texting to both grandsons the cricket scores. She has been able to watch it while they have been doing other things and they taught her to text.

How the sun knows what she texts I don't know and frankly don't want to know.

If she knows how to do the texting thing then it makes sense that she might text her grandson on his birthday.

It is not that I don't believe she did it I just question the reliability of the source.

For Christmas one year Prince Andrew bought one for her and showed her how to use her cellphone. I think there is even picture of her checking text message or sending one. Apparently uses it regalarly to keep in contact with her family. So considering she has an IPOD and uses a computer, it really wouldn't surprise me if the story was true. As her grandaugter said she is a very wise woman.

CATS said:
So considering she has an IPOD and uses a computer, .

so we can send HRM an email then:D
or she can talk to us in the royal forums:rolleyes:

LAID-BACK SNAPS OF BIKER BOY HARRY
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/19/princeharry/

harry-dop1a.jpg

so we can send HRM an email then:D
or she can talk to us in the royal forums:rolleyes:

Just so long as she behaves, that's all.

florawindsor said:
haha. Harry has a fun&sweet grandma. she seems much less formal&rigid to her grandchildren than she was to her children

Almost all grandmothers are like that. It would just show how human our Queen is.

Harry's polo shirt said:
Someone probably did it for her.

How cynical of you! But exactly what I thought!!

Harry at 21

I love that picture of Harry on his bike. He has grown into such a handsome, hunky young man. He's even better looking than William now. I wonder if he will keep his thick hair. Too bad baldness runs in the family.

I loved what he said about Chelsea in the interview. It's very sweet how protective he is of her and how he compliments her. He seems to adore her.

Is there any site where you can download his interview?

Harry's polo shirt said:
Prince Harry pledged love to Chelsy Devy

The couple exchanged love tokens, which they hope will one day be replaced by wedding rings if they are allowed to marry by their families.

more if you want to vomit here:
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/93682004.htm

It's not that bad. It's actually cute. Maybe he is like his uncle Andrew who stood up many times for Fergie because he loved her. Time will tell.

prince harry

hes fitt isnt he
he looked gourgous in his interveiw the other day
any1 agree:D

Hum, as much as I think the bike pix looks good, to me, it's another case of a rich kid pretending to be a scruffy bloke.

I agree with you, Incas. I still think Harry is hot, though!

Iconography & propaganda

Incas said:
Hum, as much as I think the bike pix looks good, to me, it's another case of a rich kid pretending to be a scruffy bloke.
Not to be taken too seriously. There have been three photographs released for his 21st: Harry with Wills (to emphasise the brotherly aspect and family ties); Harry in uniform (to reassure us of his serious intent and new-found sense of responsibility); and Harry and the bike (to appeal to his contemporaries). Three pics quite deliberately designed to appeal to different segments of the population and different demographics.

Good analysis. I hadn't thought of that, but, now that you point it out, the craftiness is crystal clear.

Warren said:
Not to be taken too seriously. There have been three photographs released for his 21st: Harry with Wills (to emphasise the brotherly aspect and family ties); Harry in uniform (to reassure us of his serious intent and new-found sense of responsibility); and Harry and the bike (to appeal to his contemporaries). Three pics quite deliberately designed to appeal to different segments of the population and different demographics.
Never thought of it like that, Warren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom