Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transportation to the Australian Colonies as punishment for his indiscretions? :lol: Six months here will sort him out!

Transportation to the Australian Colonies as punishment for his indiscretions? :lol: Six months here will sort him out!

What indiscretions?! Did I miss something? ;)

6 months secondment in Australia will definitely sort him out . . . if my memory of the Defence Forces of Australasia is anything to go by he'll be well sorted and an even more laid-back, laconic hell raiser! :D :lol: :cool:

6 months secondment in Australia will definitely sort him out . . . if my memory of the Defence Forces of Australasia is anything to go by he'll be well sorted and an even more laid-back, laconic hell raiser! :D :lol: :cool:

Exactly! Just what he needs. :D

:ausflag::nzflag::cheers:

Last edited:
@HWalesWatch: Yay. Live feed wasn’t working for me. RT @ITVCentral: Video: Prince Harry arrives in Nottingham http://t.co/JcKOwJC6BF via @itvnews

@RoyalReporter: Prince Harry's wearing a poppy on his navy suit today to mark Anzac Day, commemorating the sacrifice of Australian and New Zealand forces.

@Georginaitv: #Prince #Harry arrives at @headwayuk in #Nottingham. Straight over to meet school children here waving flags http://t.co/ltBRH6tedx

@britishroyals: From Sky News: Little girl asked Prince Harry when he's going to get married. Answer? he's "not going to get married soon" (quoted by child)

@britishroyals: From Sky News: Little girl asked Prince Harry when he's going to get married. Answer? he's "not going to get married soon" (quoted by child)
Understood as "I will wait till you grow up":lol::lol::lol:

Video:
Prince Harry Visits Headway Charity in Nottingham-
Home - ITNSource News

Very interesting o see Harry change a diaper with one hand. He said this is how William will do it.

Remembered that some might not be able to read Times article so here is an abbreviated version

QUOTE The Times
Planning is reportedly under way for Prince Harry to spend six months on secondment to the Australian Army, either embedded with an Australian unit or as an observer on an extended visit.

Top level talks between Clarence House, the Ministry of Defence and Australian officials are discussing where and when the deployment would happen and whether Harry, a captain in the Household Cavalry Regiment, would serve on the front line, according to The Australian newspaper.

The Australian Defence Force does not have the Apache helicopters that Prince Harry has flown during his two tours to Afghanistan but it is introducing Tiger armed reconnaissance helicopters that perform a similar role.

The newspaper reported that the Prince, who returned from a four-month Afghan deployment in January, was keen to serve alongside Australian soldiers.

But Harry’s planned deployment may not come until next year because this year is already taken up with a number of commitments.....

.... ....tour the US to promote the rehabilitation of injured troops
.......committed to competing in a 200-mile walk to the South Pole with a team of four wounded British servicemen and women.

Am I correct that this means Harry , as his unit is not going to return to the front line for some time (if ever) now wants to join an Australian regiment on front line service in Afghanistan, even if this means changing from Apache to Tiger helicopters?

Am I correct that this means Harry , as his unit is not going to return to the front line for some time (if ever) now wants to join an Australian regiment on front line service in Afghanistan, even if this means changing from Apache to Tiger helicopters?

Who knows? this is still speculation. I think observer is more likely, given that he would need to train on Tigers to a level that is combat ready.

Wait and see.

beautiful photo of harry with the diana's pincture on side!!! so so beautiful!!! for the diana's fan to me (I love diana with all my heart) today is a very amazing day. we harry harry and we are so pround of him, and I sure diana too.

To see the Prince's interaction with children is a joy.. he's a natural !

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 9m
Prince Harry was on the piste tonight at @BodosSchloss w/Missy Percy & fiancé Tom van Straubenzee, who’s part investor in the club.

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 9m
Prince Harry’s lady friend Cressida & Welsh singer Katherine Jenkins are also believed to have been among the party. Prosit!

It was mentioned last week that we might be going on secondment to the Aus army, probably next year. It was posted in here.

I too think the same. Why would he serve in the Australian Army, when in future he or his father/brother will have nothing to do with Australia..The moment the Queen dies, Australia will be a republic, right?
Though I secretly hope they will never reach a consensus on the new system, and extend the deadline till end of Charles' reign, and then till end of William's reign and so on...:lol:.
Forgive me Australians, just a wild royalist fantasy..:flowers:

Firstly, this idea has been in the press a while and if you look back you can see the report. Personally I think it is a possibility that a secondment could happen but it would be in an observer role. Exchanges between countries military, esp. within the Commonwealth, are not unusual. He would not transfer for a combat role - that is impossible because they fly different attack helicopters and training would take in excess of 6 months, which is the period of time mentioned for the entire deployment. So for someone who wishes to remain in the military, at least for the foreseeable future (say 5 years) working with other forces is good for your career. So on military grounds - there isn't an objection.

Secondly, there may be an objection on political grounds - that is possible, but not definite. Australia may at some stage decide to end their constitutional monarchy but I don't think that they would leave the Commonwealth. So working together would still be valid.

Thirdly, whether Harry wanted to do it - be away from the UK for 6 months. I would say probably yes.

And finally, if Australia didn't want him, I think Canada would welcome him with open arms.

These issues are never one dimensional and this sort of story (unlike Harry's love life and the cot for Baby Cambridge) usually has some basis in truth because it is possible.

Maybe he'll be a buccaneer .....except he won't need the money part.

LaRae

in the saily mail an article said harry revels william and catherine are having a boy. I hope this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom