Prince Harry Current Events 15: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=425879&in_page_id=1770http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in
A spoilt brat playing at soldiers because he has nothing better to do. Of course in his spare time he can pop over to south africa, smoke, drink until he falls over, and pretend to care about sick people and horses. This shameful example of the worst side of the over priviledged royals should be made to do a proper days work!

- Pedro Santamaria, Granada, Spain.

Does anyone agree with Padero? Has anyone actually really seen Cornet H. Wales falling down drunk?
Skydragon, do the junior officers get leave for New years? Do British Soliders and Officers receive a ration of ciggys? Right now through March are the servicemen allowed to smoke in the barracks
I have not seen him that drunk. However he does smoke. I know that in the US military there are many that smoke and everyone receives a ration of ciggys. Of course not everyone smokes.
Do any of you really think that Harry pretends to care for people (those that he started the foundation for.) and horses?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in
[/color]

Does anyone agree with Padero? Has anyone actually really seen Cornet H. Wales falling down drunk?

No to both questions.

Skydragon, do the junior officers get leave for New years? Do British Soliders and Officers receive a ration of ciggys? Right now through March are the servicemen allowed to smoke in the barracks
I have not seen him that drunk. However he does smoke. I know that in the US military there are many that smoke and everyone receives a ration of ciggys. Of course not everyone smokes.
Do any of you really think that Harry pretends to care for people (those that he started the foundation for.) and horses?

I don't think he is 'playing at soldiers'. He has always shown an interest in the military and is now a commissioned and serving officer who does do a full day's work - that of a serving officer.

So he smokes and drinks. So do many other people in the world - particularly 22 year old males.

Whether he is ever falling down drunk is not really an issue unless it is a affecting the way he performs his job and his CO would certainly have words with him if his drinking affected the way he didn his job of being a Cornet.

Does he care about people - I suppose as much as any of the royals anywhere in the world do - they have to show that they do but how much they really do deep down and how much they appear to do so may be two different things e.g. Anne appears to really really care about kids in the sense that she has worked so very hard for Save the Children for over 30 years now but does she really care - we will never really know and is that all that important - so long as they do the work that supports the areas they have chosen to support I really couldn't care less whether they like the people they have to deal with or not.

In saying that - from what little I have seen of Harry - he does seem to care for the children of South Africa with AIDS.

Does he care about horses? definitely - based in the amount of time he spends playing polo.

kpusa1981 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in
[/color]

I can't get the link to work, but from what you have put, no I don't agree with him/her. He/she is just putting their opinion, probably based on previous tabloid articles.

Everyone is entitled to leave, some use theirs for christmas, some for new year, as with any of the armed services, they can't allow everyone from the same unit to take their holidays at the same time.

No, British forces do NOT get ciggys supplied to them! Yes they can still smoke in their barracks at the moment, but don't forget the 'barracks' at most units do consist of their own rooms within a block. Officers have their own separate bath/shower/wc rooms.

If someone had seen Harry drunk to the point he had fallen down, don't you think there would be a photo somewhere about it?

I believe it is possible to be vaguely interested in and do your bit for a lot of causes, I think with some people it is for personal gratification and praise they might receive. I don't think this is the case where Harry is concerned, at the moment.

I don't know if Harry is a horse lover or just a horse rider, the two are not always the same thing.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Harry won't get the official word until Friday, as far as I know.

On tv here in the Netherlands it was said that is was official, Harry won't go, I don't know how reliable that is though..

Princess Robijn said:
On tv here in the Netherlands it was said that is was official, Harry won't go, I don't know how reliable that is though..

There has only been speculation in the press here, do they name a 'source'. Even if Harry is informed of what he is doing,

1. It is unlikely anyone but Harry will be told, (his parents will probably already have been informed).

2. It won't necessarily be what the rest of his regiment are doing, so even if it is announced that the B&R's are going to a certain area, it may not include Harry. Harry could have been sent elsewhere.

Skydragon said:
There has only been speculation in the press here, do they name a 'source'. Even if Harry is informed of what he is doing,

1. It is unlikely anyone but Harry will be told, (his parents will probably already have been informed).

2. It won't necessarily be what the rest of his regiment are doing, so even if it is announced that the B&R's are going to a certain area, it may not include Harry. Harry could have been sent elsewhere.

They said it was made official by the RF

Princess Robijn said:
They said it was made official by the RF

How strange, I wonder if anyone else has heard/seen it. I am not doubting that this is what they said on the tv, but honestly I don't think there has been any announcement yet. :flowers:

Avalon said:
Prince Harry Buys Fireworks For Army Display

Out of the two young British royals, Prince Harry is the one who always knows how to have a good time and entertain.
Britain's Prince Harry recently decided he wanted him and his army friends to have some fun, so he put on a spectacular $395,000 fireworks display for everybody.

did he pay for that him self? because republicans are still gona find fault in that saying the royals are wasting money of fireworks for "no reason":lol: - tell them to go to hell stingey little men , that is what republicans are

brits said:
did he pay for that him self? because republicans are still gona find fault in that saying the royals are wasting money of fireworks for "no reason":lol: - tell them to go to hell stingey little men , that is what republicans are

I'm sure he paid for it himself. Harry doesn't receive any money from the Civil List and is very wealthy in his own right.

Skydragon said:
How strange, I wonder if anyone else has heard/seen it. I am not doubting that this is what they said on the tv, but honestly I don't think there has been any announcement yet. :flowers:

My thoughts, that's why I said "I don't know how reliable that is though"

I'm not going to lie......I would feel very uneasy and worried if he was deployed, just like I am for every other solidier. Except in his case, he's 3rd in line to the throne and a HUGE target. He might as well wear a bullseye on his back and a neon sign over his head saying "Big Kill Here" with an arrow pointing down. Also, as others have stated, it would attract even more undue violence on the group of men he's fighting with, endangering their lives even more.

I think it's more than admirable that he wants to make a career in the army and I think in an age where people are wishy-washy about fighting for their country, his bravery is laudable. However, it's just too much of a risk.

I think the risk that he and some of his men will be captured, because of their association with Harry, and presented to us on our televisions with blindfolds and guns to their heads is too real, and unacceptable. He is too tempting a target and though he might want to go, his position will preclude him from doing so, IMO anyway.

I'm sure Harry is aware of all the risks, (the danger of kidnap is something that is possible in any country), and like any young man, the decision should be his!

I'm definitely still sitting the fence concerning Harry going to Iraq. I not only think it's admirable that he wants to fight for his country but that he is very capable of being a good soldier. He wants to go to war and is apparently going into the situation with his eyes open so I would like to be able to just accept his being deployed (if in fact he is; I haven't seen this for sure.) I think it's sad, however, how greatly this is impacting the soldiers working alongside Harry, and though one could argue that they signed into the Army and are willing to fight at any risk, I still feel that all avoidable risks should be removed from this already precarious situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is kept home, is not like the Irakies are attacking Britain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't the Armed Forces fight for "for God, for Queen and for Country"? Who better than a member of the BRF to go. :cool:

MARG said:
Don't the Armed Forces fight for "for God, for Queen and for Country"? Who better than a member of the BRF to go. :cool:

While that is true, the sad state of the world we live in says that Harry would be a massive target if he were deployed. His whereabouts would [sadly] be public knowledge and it would put his life, along with the lives of the boys he's fighting with, in danger....more so than a solider who was NOT royalty.

Sister Morphine said:
While that is true, the sad state of the world we live in says that Harry would be a massive target if he were deployed.
I wonder what his subordinates really think. Is he a born leader whom they will follow to hell in the sure and certain belief they can deal to the devil and all look after their own, or, do his men think he is a dilettante who is going to get them killed.:neutral:
I suspect that that will be the deciding point for TPTB. After all, Britain was involved in the theatre of war before Harry entered Sandhurst, and when he was made a member of the Blues and Royals. :neutral:
The necessity to make this decision has always been there.:rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Heil Prince Harry!

London, Jan 6: A Dutch painting ridiculing Britain's royal family has sparked outrage among monarchists in the UK.
Well I guess it will sell a few tickets. :wacko:

Surely Queen Beatrix could step in and have a word?

Well, how many times has he got to learn it? What about punishing some real neo-nazis instead of persisting on this old yarn?

BeatrixFan said:
Well, how many times has he got to learn it? What about punishing some real neo-nazis instead of persisting on this old yarn?
Amen to that! Build a bridge and get over it! :bang:

Still no news on if he'll be going to Irag or not? I was watching FOX news yesterday and they were discussing it and a (former?) military officer was saying how he thinks it would be a terrible idea if William or Harry went to war because the opposition would target them and put others in danger, and I agree.

Pics 14.01.2007

Prince Harry gets into a car with Chelsy Davy after leaving the Cuckoo club January 14, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by Nat Travers/Getty Images)

Harry and Chelsy
In the car
Click here for more!

Harry to start Iraq training

tsp.gif

Britain's Prince Harry, who is serving in the army, will this week start a course of training for the war in Iraq, the News of the World reported on Sunday

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2054752,00.html

Report: Prince Harry to prepare for Iraq

LONDON - A British newspaper reported Sunday that Prince Harry was scheduled to begin final training for deployment to Iraq with his army regiment, but the Defense Ministry said no decision had been made on whether he would be deployed

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070114/ap_on_re_eu/britain_prince_harry_2

"the spokesman said, speaking on customary condition of anonymity in line with policy"

I don't believe there is any such policy within the armed forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom