Prince Harry Current Events 17: March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen and other royals of that age had never retaliated, but since the death of Diana, we are seeing a change in their attitude.

Charles will take people to court and he will defend his sons against all unfair or unfounded allegations. Good for him, it's about time they fought back.

If this pap has evidence and withnesses to an alleged assualt, lets hear them, lets see the police report or is it a case of the boy tripped and like anyone else grabbed at the nearest object?:rolleyes: What a great pity everyone would prefer to believe the worst of this young man. :wacko:

Skydragon said:
If this pap has evidence and withnesses to an alleged assualt, lets hear them, lets see the police report or is it a case of the boy tripped and like anyone else grabbed at the nearest object?:rolleyes: What a great pity everyone would prefer to believe the worst of this young man. :wacko:

Yeah, if this really happened then why weren't there more witnesses. In the articles I've read covering this, only the photog is giving statements. And where's the police report or were the police even called for that matter? More I hear about this the more I think it's just a man trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame.:sad: Sad!

The first royal to attend rehab for alcohol. The Queen would DIE!! Have any royals gone to rehab?

Last edited:
cowarth said:
The first royal to attend rehab for alcohol. The Queen would DIE!! Have any royals gone to rehab?

In January 2002 Prince Harry had admitted smoking Cannabis. Prince Charles undertook a number of measures, including taking Harry to visit a drug rehabilitation facility.

Her Majesty mercifully survived the incident.

A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry

Harry isn't a child to be disciplined. He's a young adult, and, unfortunately, young adults make mistakes. It is a matter for concern, however, when alcoholism is a problem on both sides of one's family. (Maybe an appropriate royal or retainer ought to have a discussion with Harry.)

Who mentioned he was an alcoholic? Just because he had a few too many if in fact he had a few too many(we don't know that for sure). I mean it doesn't mean one is an alcoholic. Yes, it's probably quite inappropriate and irresponsible of him if he did get drunk. But how many young adults male or female in Harry's age bracket aren't hanging out at pubs enjoy some drinks and sometimes they to might go overboard.

PrincessofEurope said:
A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry

What do you mean by that? Would Diana not have allowed her grown-up officer son to go out? Would she have attended his session at the nightclub à la Fergie & daughters (LOL!). Or would she have used her motherly influence to punish him? How?

FWIW, I doubt if Harry's escapades are any more racy than Charles' or Andrew's when they were his age.

The press was more deferential and not looking to snare the royals in compromising positions. If the press had been as aggressive in the 70s as it is now; we may have seen some interesting stories.

As to whether Diana would have disciplined him, she was more the hugging, demonstrative, encouraging type of parent rather than the disciplinarian. I dont' think she would have played the bad guy with her sons to discipline them.

Great point ysbel. The media of today is nothing like how it was in the 70's.

PrincessofEurope said:

Sorry PrincessofEurope, but I don't agree. If Diana would have been alive she, just like Charles would leave Harry's business his. Yes, perhaps he has had too many drinks, how many young people his age haven't? What would Diana have done? Please tell us, because I can't imagine. He is too old to be sent to his room or in a corner, he is an ADULT, where he can and does make his own decisions. For which there are consequences. Sometimes they may not be the right ones, but he does anyway. All this partying will one day get old, and when it does, Harry will look back, embarrassed at what he did.

Do not forget about the fight with the photographer.

PrincessofEurope said:

So Harry had a few drinks. Big deal. It's not like he killed anyone.

PrincessofEurope said:

I totally agree with you.
with diana alive this never wuold happend, harry don't drink a few drinks a night out, he is drunk MANY times, he need help, REAL help, don't help like a image for the press.

iowabelle said:
Harry isn't a child to be disciplined. He's a young adult, and, unfortunately, young adults make mistakes.

But Harry's mistakes (misjudgements) are quite common, I mean..is the guy a sandwich short of a picnic? Does he not 'get it'?

You can affiliate the choices he has made on youth, and to an extent that would be correct but to either repeatedly make an unwise choice or to leave yourself 'open', where you know it's almost certain that your actions will be reported or manipulated in a negative way, just baffles me.

As to whether Diana would have disciplined him, she was more the hugging, demonstrative, encouraging type of parent rather than the disciplinarian. I dont' think she would have played the bad guy with her sons to discipline them.

Though I find it hard to believe she would have encouraged her son to make a spectecale of himself either. I do think Diana would have reprimanded her sons behaviour, just as Charles has I'm sure :)

Madame Royale said:
But Harry's mistakes (misjudgements) are quite common, I mean..is the guy a sandwich short of a picnic? Does he not 'get it'?

These are the same type of mistakes that you see a lot of young people/young celebrities making. And, in a lot of ways, he is acting like someone does at that age. I made plenty of mistakes, and acted like the fool when I was his age (& younger), but I've pretty much grown out of it. Granted I wasn't in the public eye.

Madame Royale said:
Of course he gets it! And no, he is not "a sandwich short of a picnic". He seems to be making a rather obvious statement.
Madame Royale said:
You can affiliate the choices he has made on youth, and to an extent that would be correct but to either repeatedly make an unwise choice or to leave yourself 'open', where you know it's almost certain that your actions will be reported or manipulated in a negative way, just baffles me.
Yes he is young. Yes he is making the very same 'mistakes' that a large percentage of his peers make. More than that, I think his attitude is "In Your Face!"
Madame Royale said:
Though I find it hard to believe she would have encouraged her son to make a spectecale of himself either. I do think Diana would have reprimanded her sons behaviour, just as Charles has I'm sure :)
While I think you are propbably correct, you must remember that Diana's interaction with the press was also less that happy!

I believe that Harry's antics are no better or worse than his father and uncles. The press has an obsession with "Diana's Children", and I think that someone with Harry's temperament would find it hard to ignore their invasions into his life.

As for the "drunken assault"? We don't know that he was that drunk and the photographer certainly hasn't filed charges. One has to wonder why? Could it be that all is not as it seems or, even more likely, pictures of Harry singing in the choir wouldn't sell. And lets face it, the bottom line is exactly that.

As an aside, I have to wonder how stable on my feet I would be having come out of a dimly lit nightclub into multiple large flashes going off in my face. Would I stagger a litte do you think?

MARG said:
While I think you are propbably correct, you must remember that Diana's interaction with the press was also less that happy!

I believe that Harry's antics are no better or worse than his father and uncles. The press has an obsession with "Diana's Children", and I think that someone with Harry's temperament would find it hard to ignore their invasions into his life.

As for the "drunken assault"? We don't know that he was that drunk and the photographer certainly hasn't filed charges. One has to wonder why? Could it be that all is not as it seems or, even more likely, pictures of Harry singing in the choir wouldn't sell. And lets face it, the bottom line is exactly that.

As an aside, I have to wonder how stable on my feet I would be having come out of a dimly lit nightclub into multiple large flashes going off in my face. Would I stagger a litte do you think?

I completely agree with all of this.

Last edited:
I have no problem with any young Royals going to clubs, it's what 99.99% of the rest of the population his age does at the weekend.

However, he needs to realise that he isn't just "any" person. Even if there was no fight, getting blind drunk is hardly appropriate. If he wants to drink to excess do it behind closed doors with friends where you are not going to get into embarrassing situations like these.

Wether there was a fight or not, this entire story reflects badly on him, yet again.

Today on an Australian chat show, they showed photos of Harry's protection officer pulling him away (or off) the photographer, one of him stumbling and the other of him falling. Now these photos were not taken from any other 'episode' because he was wearing the same scarf, beanie, pants and jumper.

Last edited:
Well, very charming again. I wonder why people feel the need to defend the pince, as he is obviously behaving himself in a disgracefull manner, embarrasing for a royal and an officer.

Of course he gets it! And no, he is not "a sandwich short of a picnic". He seems to be making a rather obvious statement.

An obvious statement indeed. I can act like a tool and its 'ok'!! :lol:

Yes he is young. Yes he is making the very same 'mistakes' that a large percentage of his peers make. More than that, I think his attitude is "In Your Face!"

Leave that to Pete Doherty for goodness sakes. I mean really ;) And as for making the same misjudgements..he must be a slow learner.

Depends on how much you had consumed I guess! I've walked out of nightclubs having been surrounded by darkness and loud music for hours, and I haven't stumbled..and I'm in heels! What's Harry's excuse? Dim light and a few bulb flashes? Possible, I guess though likely? I think not.

Last edited:
MARG said:

Oh, how I agree with you! :flowers: We don't know that he was drunk, we don't know that he did anything but stumble and fall against the photographer. As for the 'pictures' showing him being pulled off the 'man', I expect any friends would grab at a friend when they stumble, to try to stop them from falling! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow, where were you people when I was drinkin', lol. If I had this kind of support I'd still be drinking today.:cool: But, then I'm not a royal with fans to make excuses for me...I just had parents who didn't think it was all that cute to be a lush.

Donna B.

Donna B. said:
Wow, where were you people when I was drinkin', lol. If I had this kind of support I'd still be drinking today.:cool: But, then I'm not a royal with fans to make excuses for me...I just had parents who didn't think it was all that cute to be a lush.
Any evidence to support your accusation that Harry is a 'lush'?

100' of 1000's of youngsters go out for a drink, most at some stage have a drink or two too many. I don't know of many who because of a photograph, which only proves he stumbled, get called an alcoholic, waster or lush! :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
As for the 'pictures' showing him being pulled off the 'man', I expect any friends would grab at a friend when they stumble, to try to stop them from falling! :rolleyes:

I thought the man who pulled him up was his bodyguard. Oh well, I know it doesn't matter. Certainly it was his bodyguard or a friend, maybe Mark Dyer, bottom line: someone he was with, whom he knew, not a photographer or any random person. I don't really have much of an opinion on these new pictures. He fell, he looked dead tired. I thought his eyes didn't really look drunk (and I have seen him and William looking drunk plenty of times) but the eyes did strike me as being dead freaking tired! :lol: If Prince Harry has a excessive drinking problem or is downright alcoholic, then I trust that he and his family will come to terms with it and deal with it as they deem fit. It's not our business.

All I was saying is that if you or I were with a group of friends and one of them stumbled, we would grab at them to try to stop them falling, which if there was a photographer nearby who took a photo, would give the same result as the apparently newly crowned lush, alchoholic, waster Prince Harry. I don't for a moment believe that he has a drinking problem, if he did, he would not be going out to Iraq.
I hope all the nasty comments being directed at him, based solely on what a paparazzi has reported to the media, are only from people who have never stumbled or had a drink too many!

Skydragon said:
All I was saying is that if you or I were with a group of friends and one of them stumbled, we would grab at them to try to stop them falling, which if there was a photographer nearby who took a photo, would give the same result as the apparently newly crowned lush, alchoholic, waster Prince Harry. I don't for a moment believe that he has a drinking problem, if he did, he would not be going out to Iraq.
I hope all the nasty comments being directed at him, based solely on what a paparazzi has reported to the media, are only from people who have never stumbled or had a drink too many!
Well, lots of military people drink excessively, as many are alcoholics, at least that's a fact in the US. I understand that attitudes in Europe and laws regarding alcohol are different than in the US, though. So perhaps what is considered "excessive" or what is considered "alcohol abuse" differs too.
I'm not judging Prince Harry or his brother. It is true that they seem to drink much more than I ever deem healthy for myself, but I've also seen worse.
To actually know whether they drink too much must require a full knowledge of their context, which I don't have.

Skydragon said:
As for the 'pictures' showing him being pulled off the 'man', I expect any friends would grab at a friend when they stumble, to try to stop them from falling! :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sure a 'friend' would do that, but a employed protection officer would do the same.

Hmmm...I wasn't aware that stumbling meant grabbing anothers clothing and attempt to pull them to the ground as was clear in the photographs aired on TV:rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom