The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know where my previous post went, but I stand corrected and I apologize. I don't know why I didn't remember William being there. I must have been too focused on Harry!

Old 12-19-2006, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I don't know where my previous post went, but I stand corrected and I apologize. I don't know why I didn't remember William being there. I must have been too focused on Harry!
Well let's face it. Harry actually has a real day job which severely limits his extracurricular activities!
Actually, I like his new look. Work hard. Play hard.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince's romantic gesture

Quote:
Prince Harry will see in the New Year with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy, for the third year in a row.
The couple will stay spend ten days with her parents on the Indian Ocean island of Bazaruto, off the coast of Mozambique.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry on duty over Christmas

Prince Harry is missing out on Christmas Day with the royals this year.
The 22-year-old Army officer is on duty in his barracks over the festive period, Clarence House said.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...mas/article.do
Old 12-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, I thought Prince Harry can get a day off at least for Christmas!
He must take his army career very seriously. And that's great, imo!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Oh dear, I thought Prince Harry can get a day off at least for Christmas!
He must take his army career very seriously. And that's great, imo!
He doesn't get a choice but, at least he will be in barracks and not a conflict zone. The army and RAF try to give married men and women, with children the time off and so it tends to be the singleys who are on duty. Station and Commanding officers have to be 'available', which means no alcohol and no Brandy butter!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Nobility

This is one of the big adjustments Prince Harry has to make now that he has actually embarked upon his career. I'm sure that Harry is dealing with it with a smile. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that complains, I think he just gets on with his job. Good for Prince Harry!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

So what exactly are his Duties over Christmas,anyone know Thanks in Advance :)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry in the barracks over Christmas
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

he missed spend with his families include with his grandmother the HM Queen Elizabeth at Sandringham
Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So what exactly are his Duties over Christmas,anyone know Thanks in Advance :)
As a junior officer, he will either be sat in a very comfortable office drinking tea, coffee or any other non alcoholic drink, lazing about in his room or the officers mess. His primary job will be to be available to the lower ranks and notify senior ranks, if there are any problems. He might even decide to catch up on some reading or paperwork.

He is not on duty in the Guard House for instance, where he would have to check the ID of anyone entering the base, he will also not have to walk the perimeter, to check that nobody has 'cut' their way in.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I See Thank You. :)
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince Harry on duty over Christmas

Prince Harry is missing out on Christmas Day with the royals this year.
The 22-year-old Army officer is on duty in his barracks over the festive period, Clarence House said.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...mas/article.do
Why am I not surprised that Harry drew the short straw?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Why am I not surprised that Harry drew the short straw?
If there are no volunteers, names are put in a hat, they don't seem to use straws nowadays!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As a junior officer, he will either be sat in a very comfortable office drinking tea, coffee or any other non alcoholic drink, lazing about in his room or the officers mess. His primary job will be to be available to the lower ranks and notify senior ranks, if there are any problems. He might even decide to catch up on some reading or paperwork.

He is not on duty in the Guard House for instance, where he would have to check the ID of anyone entering the base, he will also not have to walk the perimeter, to check that nobody has 'cut' their way in.
The article said he will be on guard in Windsor. He surely has his own room there in the castle plus the one in the barracks. Could he stay in his room at the castle if he is available within a certain time?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
The article said he will be on guard in Windsor. He surely has his own room there in the castle plus the one in the barracks. Could he stay in his room at the castle if he is available within a certain time?
No, it doesn't work like that. When they draw guard duty they have to stay on base for the duration of their 'shift'. If not Harry, some other poor soul!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, it doesn't work like that. When they draw guard duty they have to stay on base for the duration of their 'shift'. If not Harry, some other poor soul!
But isn't it funny that the "guards" are there to protect the Royal family and the only one of this family who is actually there is the one on guard. Okay, he could protect the castle and the rest of them is protecting the castle and him...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures of Harry at Bruno Press out with William and Kate. Type Prince Harry in the search.

http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx

Old 12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

great photos! chelsy is in africa?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry Parties At London Club

With Christmas around the corner, Prince Harry is making sure to live up the holiday season.
Prince Harry was back to his wild ways on Wednesday night. The royal was said to have been drinking excessively as he joined his friends for a Christmas party.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
But isn't it funny that the "guards" are there to protect the Royal family and the only one of this family who is actually there is the one on guard. Okay, he could protect the castle and the rest of them is protecting the castle and him...
He will be guarding the barracks, he won't be at the castle. He will still get a christmas dinner though!

I just hope he has a private supply of tablets to treat indigestion!

Tags
prince harry