Prince Harry Current Events 11: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep well not formally but they do the graduation in the day because nobody is going to attend one at midnight.

Ooo I See so after the Parade he was still a cadet??

kaydura0717 said:
ohh what a nice tradition. Is there going to be any photos?

in british monarchy official page said something about one pfficial photo, but I don't see that photo yet

I think his mom would be so very proud of him. He has really proven all the naysayers wrong. Always following in Williams steps has to be hard and losing his mom so young. I am very proud of him!!!!

Rebafan81 said:
I think his mom would be so very proud of him. He has really proven all the naysayers wrong. Always following in Williams steps has to be hard and losing his mom so young. I am very proud of him!!!!

I TOTALLY agree with you! ;)

I haven't see a pic of Harry in a while, but he has become quite handsome!

He is indeed shaping up to be a fine bloke :) I Think he will do great I Think the Parties and Clubs and all that is for the most part done (Im sure there will be the Ocassional story but nothing bad) How long till we see him in his 2nd Lt Blues and Royals Uniform :)
Thanks in Advance

Isn't the Captain part wrong wouldn't William be a Lt. on leaving Sandhurst as an Officer, Skydragon?

With gran taking salute, Britain's Prince Harry embarks on army career

Harry's older brother Prince William, is also at Sandhurst this year. He is expected to join the Welsh Guards when he leaves, overtaking Harry to the rank of captain thanks to having first got a university degree.
from Yahoo! News http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060413/ts_afp/britainroyalmilitaryharry_060412152423

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
Isn't the Captain part wrong wouldn't William be a Lt. on leaving Sandhurst as an Officer, Skydragon?

Yes, hopefully he will be a Lieutenant when he leaves but, even with a degree, it is not unheard of for someone with a degree, to come out as a 2nd Lieutenant.
If William comes out as a Captain, I would be amazed but, he is 2nd in line to the throne. :confused:

The general forces gossip seems to think, that William will be whizzed through the ranks but, Harry will have to earn his promotions in the normal way, hard work or time served. :)

I wonder what she wore. But I hope it was decent. Also they said that Kate got her hair done for the ball to I wonder how that looked like.

yea i couldnt find anything about kate! im sure they wore lovely ball gowns.lol

I like the hairdo but from certain angles. I like her hair it's a nice shade of blonde.

I think Harry, in my opinion, has passed William in looks. He was always cute but I think he has really matured into a good looking young man. Chelsy is really cute and I think is great that Harry has someone in his life that accepts him and has supported him. I have always felt he was treated like a "spare", maybe that is just the public imagine but the fuss has always been about how great Williams is and how bad Harry is, it is great to finally see great press about him. To me he just seemed like a normal, if not spoiled, rich young man. I am not saying anything bad about William because he is such a great young man but it must be hard feeling like you are not as important. I think Diana understood Harry's feeling, hopefully Charles continued this for Harry.

I totally agree that Harry looks better than his brother. It wasnt like that in the past, but William starts to look...Boring?

I think Harry is Gorgeous. He is very hot especially in his uniform. Definitly better looking then William and has more hair. But William is cute too. Yesterday was a wonderfull day for Harry and the Royal Family.

Last edited:
I think the situation being that William is in line to be king has caused a great deal of favoritism shown to William over Harry. I know its not intentional to push Harry aside, but the reality is, it happened. When this happens with children the one not favored tries to gain attention in every way. I notice it with my kids, they notice even the slightest bit of extra attention showed to their siblings. So imagine how Harry has felt growing up hearing nothing but how great William is. Its not Williams fault or anyone elses, its just the situation there favors the young royal who is to be king.

But I think Harry is really turning out to be a great guy inspite of all he's dealt with. And yes, I beleive Diana understood this and did everything to treat the boys equally.

Rebafan81 said:
I think Harry, in my opinion, has passed William in looks. He was always cute but I think he has really matured into a good looking young man. Chelsy is really cute and I think is great that Harry has someone in his life that accepts him and has supported him. I have always felt he was treated like a "spare", maybe that is just the public imagine but the fuss has always been about how great Williams is and how bad Harry is, it is great to finally see great press about him. To me he just seemed like a normal, if not spoiled, rich young man. I am not saying anything bad about William because he is such a great young man but it must be hard feeling like you are not as important. I think Diana understood Harry's feeling, hopefully Charles continued this for Harry.

I used to think that William was quite attractive and more so than Harry. But, after seeing Harry's picture with the Spice Girls a couple months after his mother died, I took notice of his coming into the teens. And, it seems that neither boy had the "awful teen" look about them. William's smile is a big too "buck toothy" looking for me. He's attractive, but his features have gone from cute to okay looking. He's still nice looking, but I think Harry has become much more good looking. His smile is wide and his eyes really sparkle. :)

I am very proud of him to.

dianafan said:
I am very proud of him to.

She sure would be. I read somewhere (by Andrew Morton?) that Harry would be the best catch between the too brothers because of his fun loving ways compared with the seriousness of William.

Anyway, does anyone know what the blue medal on the two guys uniform means?:)

Royal Fan said:
Golden Jubilee Medal

Thanks.

Doesn't everyone get that medal? Or is it reserved for the royal family and what's it's purpose--just for celebration?

Well, it doesn't look like we're going to get any pics from that ball :(

HRH Kimetha said:
Thanks.

Doesn't everyone get that medal? Or is it reserved for the royal family and what's it's purpose--just for celebration?

It was to commemorate 50 years of the Queens reign and was given to all current servicemen and women, who had at the time of the jubilee completed 5 years of service, I think the police and other emergency crews also got it if they were in on 6th Feb 2002 and had also completed 5 years.
William and Harry wern't in the army then, so they had to be specials.

Rebafan81 said:

indeed she definately would be proud of her son(how i wish she was here to witness this day in person)...im soo proud of him aswell..he has been through alot esp. loosing his mom at such a young age!!

Prince Harry current events part 8

Skydragon said:
Yes, hopefully he will be a Lieutenant when he leaves but, even with a degree, it is not unheard of for someone with a degree, to come out as a 2nd Lieutenant.
If William comes out as a Captain, I would be amazed but, he is 2nd in line to the throne. :confused:

The general forces gossip seems to think, that William will be whizzed through the ranks but, Harry will have to earn his promotions in the normal way, hard work or time served. :)

Thank you Skydragon, Do you think that Cdt Officer H. Wales now 2ndLt Wales was really in the running for the Sword of Honour?
Do you think that Officer Cadet W. Wales will get either the Sword of Honour or the Queens medal when he Passes out of Sandhurst in December?

Last edited:
WindsorIII said:
I think the situation being that William is in line to be king has caused a great deal of favoritism shown to William over Harry. I know its not intentional to push Harry aside, but the reality is, it happened. When this happens with children the one not favored tries to gain attention in every way. I So imagine how Harry has felt growing up hearing nothing but how great William is. Its not Williams fault or anyone elses, its just the situation there favors the young royal who is to be king.

But I think Harry is really turning out to be a great guy inspite of all he's dealt with. And yes, I beleive Diana understood this and did everything to treat the boys equally.

I couldn't agree more. But, I am very very happy for him with his celebrations. He Looks very very handsome in his uniform. But, he is handsome to start with. I agree that william being that he looks so much like Diana & is the oldest. Everyone naturally crowed around him. & then others tried to make a compeition out of it & bash harry to death. yeah, he caused some of his own problems. But, then again you can't have a 15,16,17 year old doing what they want without anyone to answer to really. He was pretty left to fend for himself( eventhough he was away at school).

But, From I have been reading & hearing Harry is actually catching up to william pretty quickly. William seems so quite & stiff. Harry is the other side of the coin. Fun loving a little wacky . That is not to say that William isn't in private. But, William has to appear more Serious in the Public Eye.

I also agree on why diana Showed harry so much more attention. Because, she knew right off the bat ( as soon as he was born) that he would be pushed aside & trashed on.

But, thanks People for Posting the Video's & pictures. they are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom