Prince Harry Current Events 11: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Rank will they both be in 4 years

kaydura0717 said:
Harry's career will last. I think William will only do the mandatory 4 years and then get out.

I agree with you. William will probably do his 4 years and head for the country life as a "gentlemen farmer" perhaps. Depends if he can get away with it and not have to participate too often. I don't feel William really likes to get out too much, but of course, I may be wrong. He'll leave the "actual working" to Kate, if they should marry and she if she creates her own company with the baby clothes thing.

After Harry has passed out and received his commission, he has the following options.

Sign up for 3 years on a Short Service Commission, this can be extended to 8 years.
After 2 years (if he is recommended) he can sign up for an Intermediate Regular Commission. This offers a mid length career of around 18 years.
He could apply for a Regular Commission (35 years or until he reaches 60) after he has served 2 years of an IRC.

All the timings start from when he is commissioned on the 12th April!

Last edited:
Prince Harry current events part 8

Skydragon said:
After Harry has passed out and received his commission, he has the following options.

Sign up for 3 years on a Short Service Commission, this can be extended to 8 years.
After 2 years (if he is recommended) he can sign up for an Intermediate Regular Commission. This offers a mid length career of around 18 years.
He could apply for a Regular Commission (35 years or until he reaches 60) after he has served 2 years of an IRC.

All the timings start from when he is commissioned on the 12th April!

I thought that the timeing starts when 2nd Lt. Wales starts his "recon" training. Skydragon which
of those choices do you think that he will most likely choose?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
I thought that the timeing starts when 2nd Lt. Wales starts his "recon" training. Skydragon which
of those choices do you think that he will most likely choose?

Once you have received your commission, the clock starts ticking as you are no longer a cadet and you are in receipt of full army pay, for your rank.

Harry hasn't got to make a choice of how long yet, as he has to complete at least 2 years before he can sign up for longer anyway.

I'm useless at guessing at what someone might choose, I even got it wrong when my own children decided to be career soldiers and airmen/women! :D :rolleyes:

What do you think, bearing in mind he has got to do 2 years before he can even make a longer choice? :)

Last edited:

Skydragon said:
Once you have received your commission, the clock starts ticking as you are no longer a cadet and you are in receipt of full army pay, for your rank.

Harry hasn't got to make a choice of how long yet, as he has to complete at least 2 years before he can sign up for longer anyway.

I'm useless at guessing at what someone might choose, I even got it wrong when my own children decided to be career soldiers and airmen/women! :D :rolleyes:

What do you think, baring in mind he has got to do 2 years before he can even make a longer choice? :)

Thank you Skydragon, I think that Harry may choose either the IRC or the RC. I would lean towrds the RC becausse things that he has said. Unless, he decides that because the Army does not allow him to fully use his training that he would prefur to just do the Short Service Commission for eight years.

Last edited:

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Well, it seems like he has changed his mind so many times we'll just have to wait and see.
What do you mean by that? The only thing I remember Harry saying on this subject is that he would stay in for 35 or 40 years. This is unless he is not allowed to fight and lead men. Then he will stay in for a lot less time.

about the length of time harry might choose to sreve, remeber that he is part of the royal family so will need to think about royal duties, charity work(his mother), marriage and family life, i don't think he is going to make the same mistake his uncle did Prince Andrew, which in a way he even personally reflected was the trigger of the dertoriation of his marriage to fergie.

pinkylou said:
about the length of time harry might choose to sreve, remeber that he is part of the royal family so will need to think about royal duties, charity work, marriage and family life, i don't think he is going to make the same mistake his uncle did Prince Andrew.

I don't see Harry living with his wife in the normal quarter supplied for lower ranking officers and their wives somehow. :D Andrew was slightly different, as a naval officer, he had no option but to travel with his ship which meant long stints away. Even on a 4 month posting, land forces do get a chance of a week at home, halfway through the posting.

A Week break thats pretty good Id like to see Harry Succeed in the Army and Settle down With a Wife and Family :)

Skydragon said:
I don't see Harry living with his wife in the normal quarter supplied for lower ranking officers and their wives somehow.
I think for security reasons, it might be safer for him to station with the other troops on a base, rather than in some stand-alone housing. It will also go against the notion of being treated the same as the rest of his team.

Its funny how the Sun doesn't wish to mention the bit about him turning down a lap dance, but focus the story on how Harry 'jiggled' in the dances chest. Hmmm, what to beleive!

Terrible as this may sound, I hope this pushes Chelsy's tolerance levels over the top and they split.

The prince of lap land

Just when they thought Cadet Officer Wales had finally grown up, Prince Harry proved there may still be a little way to go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=382411&in_page_id=1766&in_a_source=&ito=1490

HARRY AND THE LAPDANCERS

EXCLUSIVE: Boozy royal's 3am knees-up with strippers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=16919700&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=harry-and-the-lapdancers-name_page.html

Prince Harry hits lapdance club

Prince Harry has celebrated the end of his Army officer training with a visit to a lapdance club, it has been reported

http://www.itv.com/news/index_454203.html

Hart said:
Its funny how the Sun doesn't wish to mention the bit about him turning down a lap dance, but focus the story on how Harry 'jiggled' in the dances chest. Hmmm, what to beleive!

I thought I'd give you a further choice on what to believe! :D Strange how none of them seem to agree on the same story, which may or may not be true.
Even if it is true, which ever one you believe, SO WHAT. Like 1000's of young men he went to a Lap dancing/strip club.
Oh no, could this mean he is normal?????:confused:

Perhaps it does mean he is normal - HEAVEN FORBID!! hehe. However, he is in line to be on the throne so there is a thin line here. All the papers lap up the story (get it!?) but they do all say different things which confuses me slightly. I dont believe for one second that the dancer had a full on conversation about how much he loves Chelsy, I dont see Harry opening up to a stranger, in particular a stripper! I guess we'll never know how Chelsy feels about that...

I think its because the chances of him becoming King are pretty slim which means that he CAN get away with it; he's always been referred to as 'the spare part'! He's the youngest and cheekiest and has made bigger mistakes than this one (not that this is a mistake but in the eyes of the media it is) so something of this nature means he can get away with it!

Incas said:
I think for security reasons, it might be safer for him to station with the other troops on a base, rather than in some stand-alone housing. It will also go against the notion of being treated the same as the rest of his team.

Officers are never housed in the same area as ordinary troops. Single privates and non comms are normally in their own room, in different blocks. You wouldn't get 20 privates and 10 Sergeants in the same block, living next door to one another.
Married privates and non coms tend to be on army housing estates next or close to the base.
Lower ranking single Officers are still in blocks but, they are more like small flats, on the base. Married Officers have very nice houses, set in exclusive style developments, mainly on the base. Higher ranking Officers have normally purchased their own house, not all are close to the base but, they do have accomodation available to them, if they should have to stay on base for any reason.

That's why I think it will be harder to work out where to house Harry to start with, it is not going to endear him to the other officers if he is living in a luxury house on base. Of course like anyone, he may decide to buy his own house, close to the base and live there.

I think he wants to go to war and fight with his men it's just that the palace won't let him.

So what will he do ??The Palace wont let him this could Present a problrem Wonder if this will turn Into a Prince Edward Situation With him leaving like a month after Pass Out? I Hope not Hope he stays in Ive got High Hopes

Royal Fan said:
So what will he do ??The Palace wont let him this could Present a problrem Wonder if this will turn Into a Prince Edward Situation With him leaving like a month after Pass Out? I Hope not Hope he stays in Ive got High Hopes

So far nobody has said he can't go and fight with his men and he must already have agreed to sign up for a SSC to have been offered a place in the B & R.
Edward left before he was commissioned.
When I was saying about where to house him, that is purely when he is in this country and working on base. If he serves overseas, he will be in either an officers tent or accomodation they have rented or taken over, within a secure zone.
I hope it's not a tent, that tends to be really basic! :D

Royal Fan said:

I don't think it is exactly like the Prince Edward situation. From what I remember about Prince Edward's military experience, he washed out--Harry has finished.:)

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I have a feeling it will be a while until he sees the front lines.

I agree with you on that. And, when he does see the front line, the press surely isn't going to be the first to know--at least I hope not. That would jeopardize Harry's fellow army dudes and quite possibly any mission they were on.:)

HRH Kimetha said:
I agree with you on that. And, when he does see the front line, the press surely isn't going to be the first to know--at least I hope not. That would jeopardize Harry's fellow army dudes and quite possibly any mission they were on.:)

If the Army did send his unit overseas soon after he finishes his "recon" they could say they were not going to to the public. This could be done to protcet him and his unit members. The other reason that the Army might do this because the people that need to konw this are his family.

Last edited:
I don't think the press will know because for security reasons and its a big danger for his fellow comrades. I mean think of the bounty placed on Harry's head if he does get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom