The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I, never for a minute, doubted that when the time came for George to start school in earnest that it wouldn't be anywhere else but in London. I guess I always viewed living at Anmer Hall like I viewed them living in Wales. It was something that suited them at a given point in time. To have the expectations of permanently living in Norfolk for years to come wouldn't have made any sense or rhyme or reason for setting up a home at Kensington Palace.

These folks are pretty well prepared for whatever happens and whenever it happens and with changes that are sure to come in the future, with home bases settled, it'll be one less thing they'll have to worry about.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

We'll see, the tabloids (the DM in particular) have yet to be right about George.

1.They were wrong about his gender. They said they knew it was a girl, that Catherine and other family members like Pippa and Harry were letting the secret slip.

2.They were wrong about his due date. When W&C said he was due mid-July, the DM said he was actually due early July(around Diana's birthday). Hence, the world media set up way too early because they believed the DM.

3. They were wrong about his name. They favored James over George. They thought Spencer would be a middle name. They thought he would have 4 names, he has three.

4. They reported that he was using a different brand of stroller than he actually had. Richard Palmer even laughed over the hundreds of stroller errors that were republished because of Katie Nicholls original misinformation.

5. They were wrong about his nursery decorations. Katie Nicholl reported he had Anne of Green Gable decorations, we later found out from William that he had safari decorations.

6. They were wrong about where he would be Christened. They said Music Room, it was the Chapel Royal.

7. They were wrong about his godparents. They picked Guy Pelly, the wrong Van Custem brother, David Beckham, Fergus Boyd, the Yorks, Harry, and Pippa, and they even suggested foreign royals. All of these were wrong.

8. The DM claimed Cressida was invited to the Christening, they later hedged their bets by saying Cressida would likely refuse the invite because she was "too shy".

9. They were wrong about the type of nanny, They predicted a well-connected Tiggy type, instead it was a foreign born Spanish woman.

10. Katie Nicholl wrote that George's 1st birthday would be Peter Rabbit themed, and likely held in Bucklebury. It was held at KP, and it was 'Afternoon tea themed". 0 for 2.

11. None of the tabloid media knew that George would be starting preschool in January, none of them predicted the right school. They were left scrambling when KP announced it.

Given their "inside sources" atrocious track record, I'm very skeptical of all their claims, past, present, and future.

edit: How could I forget, they claimed Carole would be in the delivery room for George's birth. Another massive lie.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see Michael Middleton in Charlotte. JMO. Even George has elements of Michael, but Charlotte definitely.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree, I can see Mike too. The Middleton genes are strong. It will be interesting to see if Charlotte resembles Pippa when she's older.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that George and Charlotte have totally different looks to one another. George is a good mix, but it looks like he has taken more the Middletons genes. On the other hand, Charlotte is the spitty image of Prnce William as a toddler IMO, and I believe she will have strong Windsor genes as she grows up. We'll see.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Charles is encouraging Prince George to share his passion for gardening by getting his grandson to help plant some trees at Highgrove. Charles told BBC Radio 4's Gardeners' Question Time that two-year-old George has helped todig in "a tree or two" at his Gloucestershire home.

"You never know, do you, what people are going to be interested in," said the Prince, who has redesigned some of his gardens to make then more child-friendly for George and his baby sister Princess Charlotte
Read more: Prince Charles encouraging Prince George to start gardening
Old 04-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's awesome he's doing this. I think all children should be taught about gardening either by their parents (even people in cities can do urban gardening) or schools etc....everyone needs to know where their food comes from!

LaRae
Old 04-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it's awesome he's doing this. I think all children should be taught about gardening either by their parents (even people in cities can do urban gardening) or schools etc....everyone needs to know where their food comes from!

LaRae
I agree. I'm thinking a lot earlier in advance here, but in three years time Prince Charles will be 70, which is quite a "big" birthday, and it would be so lovely to have a photoshoot of him gardening with his grandchildren (Charlotte would be old enough by then to start). I doubt it will happen though, but I think it's a nice idea

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

That would be a lovely picture to have. Very nice to see the comments from Charles too about gardening with the late Queen Mother.

LaRae
Old 04-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae

It's perfect timing too. Show me a two year old who doesn't like playing in dirt after all. Any excuse to fling dirt around and not get in trouble for it, of course they'll love it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince George has an adorable – and very unusual – new playmate: a baby elephant called Scratch.

Spotted ‘grazing’ among the daffodils at the Highgrove Estate of his grandfather, the Prince of Wales, the 3ft creature is the latest addition to Prince Charles’s private garden.

The heir to the throne admitted last week he was making his 15-acre garden more child-friendly.

He has already revamped a tree house, known as Hollyrood Tree House and once a favourite den for Princes William and Harry, and has even installed an artisan shepherd’s hut, complete with a bed and stove in the wildflower meadow where his grandchildren can play.

Scratch was installed just six weeks ago, but in that time two-year-old Prince George has had plenty of time to get to know the hand-painted, pale grey, fibreglass model. A Royal aide confirmed: ‘Prince George likes the baby elephant very much.’
Read more: Prince George gets a baby elephant called Scratch from Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte chrysanthemum goes on sale at Waitrose and on display at Chelsea Flower Show
Old 04-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I love him! The oval ear pleases me no end. I love stone. I keep some small, velvety Lake Michigan smoothed stones at the base of the Monitor for when I need to worry away.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh that Scratch is so cute and will delight George and Charlotte for years to come. I especially like that it was given to Charles from Elephant Family which was a cause so dear to Camilla's brother Mark.

Ah... AdmirerUS. You're not alone. I also have a Petoskey stone as a worry stone. Its hard to fathom they're 350 million years old and fossilized coral.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The pink of the Charlotte Chrysanthemum is a very delicate shade. This flower will blend excellently with other flowers in boquuets.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh that Scratch is so cute and will delight George and Charlotte for years to come. I especially like that it was given to Charles from Elephant Family which was a cause so dear to Camilla's brother Mark.

Ah... AdmirerUS. You're not alone. I also have a Petoskey stone as a worry stone. Its hard to fathom they're 350 million years old and fossilized coral.
Not just a cause dear to Mark's heart, he was a co-founder And Camilla has been quite active as patron for years, Charles now as well.

I certainly agree it makes it more special. And I am sure the kids will love it.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's such a pretty flower and I love how some of the money from sales will be going towards EACH. Really, really like it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

William had an engagement today with the FA at Wembley and he said Charlotte is "a very good footballer". He said: "You hold her hand and she kicks it. Very sweet."

Via Victoria Murphy

Princess Charlotte is already taking her first steps
Old 04-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William reveals Princess Charlotte is good at football | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Look who's left holding the babies! Grandmother Carole Middleton to babysit George and Charlotte as Kate and Wills head to India without them | Daily Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte