The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
No,I got it. Twas the Bosnian arms dealers behind the conspiracy to Murder Diana who did it.

Trust no one,man. Not even the trees.
And this theory explains why The Cambridge's moved out of Kensington Palace, it to is surrounded by trees...

Old 08-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace did tweet a photo of a very sketchy parakeet hanging outside. Another reason- angry birds.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-19-2015, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's get back on topic, please.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Former protection officer Ken Wharfe says police failure to deal directly with media led to Kensington Palace’s unprecedented warning to paparazzi-
Royal warning to paparazzi over Prince George: former Diana officer blames police | UK news | The Guardian

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Gentry

Interesting article but pure speculation on the part of Ken Wharfe
Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Former protection officer Ken Wharfe says police failure to deal directly with media led to Kensington Palace’s unprecedented warning to paparazzi-
Royal warning to paparazzi over Prince George: former Diana officer blames police | UK news | The Guardian
Not his longest comment ever but Ken Wharfe has a track record of being right.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Ken Wharfe hasn't been an RPO in almost 20 years. A lot has changed in 20 years.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Ken Wharfe hasn't been an RPO in almost 20 years. A lot has changed in 20 years.

Alot has changed but Ken Wharfe has made some outstanding contact's and is very well respected.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

BBC Radio Interview: Starts at 19:33-
"Buckingham palace has appealed to the world's media not to publish unauthorised images of Prince George. It says some paparazzi have gone to, "extreme lengths" to take pictures and, "a line has been crossed". The palace said a small number of media organisations, mostly in Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand and the US, had published photos of Prince George in "unacceptable circumstances". However it said the "vast majority", and all UK publications, had refused. Are the Palace trying to re-draw the lines of what is acceptable intrusion? Steve Hewlett hears from Robert Jobson, Evening Standard Royal Editor, and Ken Wharfe, former Scotland Yard Protection Officer to Diana, the Princess of Wales and Prince William."
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, Royal pictures, Managing talent, Archant's positive performance

As I said before, this stuff can get tricky, especially when George is taken out to public places.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
BBC Radio Interview: Starts at 19:33-
"Buckingham palace has appealed to the world's media not to publish unauthorised images of Prince George. It says some paparazzi have gone to, "extreme lengths" to take pictures and, "a line has been crossed". The palace said a small number of media organisations, mostly in Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand and the US, had published photos of Prince George in "unacceptable circumstances". However it said the "vast majority", and all UK publications, had refused. Are the Palace trying to re-draw the lines of what is acceptable intrusion? Steve Hewlett hears from Robert Jobson, Evening Standard Royal Editor, and Ken Wharfe, former Scotland Yard Protection Officer to Diana, the Princess of Wales and Prince William."
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, Royal pictures, Managing talent, Archant's positive performance

As I said before, this stuff can get tricky, especially when George is taken out to public places.
. All toddlers should be encouraged to explore the world outside of their immediate environment. PG has done nothing to warrant house arrest. It is a complex legal matter but at it's heart are a toddler and a baby.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
. All toddlers should be encouraged to explore the world outside of their immediate environment. PG has done nothing to warrant house arrest. It is a complex legal matter but at it's heart are a toddler and a baby.
I agree, I like the fact George, and later Charlotte, are and will be able to enjoy the great outdoors with other kids. They should be left alone and the dangerous tactic of getting those pictures should be stopped. The pictures may look innocent and cute, but it's not worth looking at when the paps are doing crazy things to get the pictures. It's tricky though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

There we got the answer in the interview. Ken and the other dude are promoting their book about Diana.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Wharfe is one of a long list of former employees who writes books and talks about the royal family.

He was cut out of royal inner circles years ago. He's always out to give the royals a going over. Darren McGrady is the same mold.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the big difference between when Wharfe was a RPO for Diana and now is that if there was someone lurking in the yew trees or skulking anywhere near the person being protected, the thought that it may be someone out to execute a terrorist attack against someone wasn't the first thing to pop into the head.

Its just hit home to me how much our world and its security has changed in as little as 20 years.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

I knid of understood them on some points in the interview, and they really sounded sypathetic, but some this just sounded braggy. Ken talking about how the police is failing and how he just threw out the paps hiding under trees. Plus the comment about "they're not beeing followed on the heels when holding the kid, like Diana was" like they are saying they're not allowed to complain because they're not having it as bad as Diana?? I mean, maybe they are trying to stop it BEFORE it becomes that bad again... I mean, we all know how last time ended.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I mean, maybe they are trying to stop it BEFORE it becomes that bad again... I mean, we all know how last time ended.
Not really a good example. Last time ended the way it did because Fayed did not respond sensibly to the threat. There was no need to leave the hotel that night. They were safe there.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:

On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept
the children’s lives private.

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

The children would have been 10 and 8 at the time

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:

On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

This is further proof that HM is totally fine with what William and Catherine are doing both as a couple and as parents. Like everyone else, I would love to see more photos of Cheeks 1 and Cheeks 2 (George and Charlotte), but I get what W&C are doing and respect it.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.” - William could have said those exact words.

I much prefer this method over the 'child actor' model used by some other royals. I think the best preparation for G&C is to have as normal a childhood as possible. The Queen seems to think so as well.

I think they're great parents from the snippets we learn.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

On privacy

Thank you for sharing this! It seems that Her Majesty faced the same struggles in regards to her children's privacy as William, and Catherine. I like how she responded. It's to the point, and leaves little room for criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
This is further proof that HM is totally fine with what William and Catherine are doing both as a couple and as parents. Like everyone else, I would love to see more photos of Cheeks 1 and Cheeks 2 (George and Charlotte), but I get what W&C are doing and respect it.
Same here. Hopefully this will stop the constant complaining that some love to engage in when it comes to the Cambridge family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.” - William could have said those exact words.

I much prefer this method over the 'child actor' model used by some other royals. I think the best preparation for G&C is to have as normal a childhood as possible. The Queen seems to think so as well.

I think they're great parents from the snippets we learn.
I prefer William and Catherine's approach as well. It gives the children a chance to have a childhood as stress-free as possible, but allows the public to see released photos, and limited appearances. I'm also glad to see that they appear to have support from Her Majesty in regards to this issue. It's extremely important to be on the same page when it comes to children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte