Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is in the business of selling.

Toddlers sells, especially if they are pictured having their moments and melt down.

The media wants access to George's toddler moments.
They want access to George in closeup informal settings not controlled settings.

William has teased the media about George's escapades, yet the media is not allow to capture these moments.
IMO, some in the media feels cheated because of this and have resorted to other means to capture these moments.

George being held at the Trooping the Colours, a play date in Australia and attending his or his sister's christening, is not the same as running around for an hour at a Horse Trial or a Polo match.

The media has more access to Princess Anne's granddaughters Savannah, Isla and Mia's in informal setting than George.

Photographs of Princess Anne's granddaughters can be captured several times a year.

I do not think it is necessarily a case of the media not being allowed to capture informal moments with George, it is more a case that the opportunities are far and few between.

I am quite sure that if George and his parents attended the Badminton or Gatcombe Park Horse trials or other public events where cameras are allowed, there would be more photos of him. But they don't go much to events like this.

I guess this does contribute to media frustration, which is understandable, but not much can be done about it unless George's parents take up a sudden interest in horses.

It sounds like the paps have gone into overdrive since Charlotte was born. I'm guessing a photo of Charlotte would be the real money shot for the paps.

The focus will be much more on Charlotte anyway since she's a girl (fashion, beauty) and there is the perspective of a 'female Harry' for the tabloids, very lucrative.

I do not think it is necessarily a case of the media not being allowed to capture informal moments with George, it is more a case that the opportunities are far and few between.

I am quite sure that if George and his parents attended the Badminton or Gatcombe Park Horse trials or other public events where cameras are allowed, there would be more photos of him. But they don't go much to events like this.

I guess this does contribute to media frustration, which is understandable, but not much can be done about it unless George's parents take up a sudden interest in horses.

I think there is also currently a heightened security concern from IS and related threats. If you as a parent know the Royal Family has been targeted, then where you appear probably has a lot to do with what areas can be secured and which cannot. There is additional security cost as well as the inconvenience that causes to others wherever you go.

Plus, at public venues, how do you then decide what are fair game photo ops? Are the Gatcombe Horse Trials fair game because the press is there in any case? By that definition a park with press in it is fair game; that means the paps can continue to lurk/wait in London Park areas and those photos are all fair game.

I think you will continue to see Kate occasionally show up with one or both children (when Charlotte gets a bit older) at Polo venues on private Polo Grounds. I also think you won't see active complaints about the photos the present press take at those events. JMO.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

People talk of wanting George in informal settings. But look at the great pictures at the hospital, at BP and the Christening.

You got George and Wills in their matching outfits with a wave and kiss, super excited Window George, tip toes peaking in the pram George, George and the Queen.

All of these events, WK didn't have to bring him to but they did. They could of held Charlotte's christening behind the walls of a palace but chose not to.

There has been a wide variety of George displays. George in a hole with Granny Carole holding a bag of Lupo poop isn't the first image that pops in to my mind when looking back on Summer 2015 George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Really interesting reading on twitter at the moment as with everything more than one way to see things. No right answer

I really think there is no need for the world to see the kids all the time...that is the media and some people's sense of entitlement...the obsession with royal children...is strange....I think they should be able to monitor how much people see of their kids....and using their royals we NEED to see them is not an excuse...they are children first and foremost and I think this is something that they (will and kate) will have to sadly deal with.

This will be a long term problem for them and all their kids...it sad...and I think royal reporters need to realize as protective as william and kate are they are crazy if they don't think Harry will be the exact same way when he has kids.

All of their kids will despise the paps...I don't doubt that...you can see it already with george..he can spot them.

"All of their kids will despise the paps...I don't doubt that...you can see it already with george..he can spot them "

Really !! What photos are you referring too where he spots a pap and despises them

People say other European royals don't have this problem because their not as popular as the British not because they keep people happy by having photo shoots. But which came first the chicken or the egg. By not having photo shoots does this makes the BRF photos more sought after would there be more paps following the danish royal children if there wasn't any photos of them.
Anyway as I said before I would be more worried about someone hiding in the bushes with a gun than a camera.

Don't know if this has been posted
Royal correspondent speaks out on Duke and Duchess of Cambridge privacy demands | Express Comment | Comment | Daily Express

Last edited by a moderator:
People say other European royals don't have this problem because their not as popular as the British not because they keep people happy by having photo shoots. But which came first the chicken or the egg. By not having photo shoots does this makes the BRF photos more sought after would there be more paps following the danish royal children if there wasn't any photos of them.
Anyway as I said before I would be more worried about someone hiding in the bushes with a gun than a camera.

I think it's because the British royal family have connections to ALOT of countries + speak english.

Forgive me for being blunt but in my humble opinion what this boils down to is money. There are people prepared to live their lives like this to make money and it doesn't appear to matter about the ethicacy of how the pictures are obtained or the product that they are selling is children. The love of money is the root of all evil....

If we used George's facial expressions as a sign of despite then he despises the following: plane departing, receiving lines, Aussie PM Tony Abbot, babies of NZ, stuffed biblies, stuffed blue teddy bears, being carried, lacy Christening gowns.

Likes include mummy's hair, giant stuffed wombats, butterflies, Lupo, daddy's kisses, military celebrations of Great Granny's birthday but not really on birthday, baby sister for now.

If we used George's facial expressions as a sign of despite then he despises the following: plane departing, receiving lines, Aussie PM Tony Abbot, babies of NZ, stuffed biblies, stuffed blue teddy bears, being carried, lacy Christening gowns.

Likes include mummy's hair, giant stuffed wombats, butterflies, Lupo, daddy's kisses, military celebrations of Great Granny's birthday but not really on birthday, baby sister for now.

Ha ha exactly

George certainly knows what he likes and what he doesn't! He has a very expressive and interesting face.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been warned not to touch a poisonous laburnum tree which has been discovered in their garden at Anmer Hall.

All parts of ornamental laburnum trees including the seeds, bark and leaves are known to be highly toxic and can be potentially fatal if eaten in a large quantity.

The seeds are a particular danger for young children such as Prince George and Princess Charlotte as they resemble peas in a pod and look attractive to eat.

Kate Middleton and Prince William warned not to let Prince George play alone | Daily Mail Online

The evil trees will be removed if the new court goes in. As if the evil tress will not now be removed no matter what. I say we hold the Queen personally responsible for allowing the evil trees to grow on a property given to the second in line. I say we speculate that the Queen did this with intent to poison the third in line because she hates both Will and Kate. Heck, she probably planted those trees with that in mind. :bang::ROFLMAO::bang:
I am beginning to truly hate the slow news month of August.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum but has anyone seen The Daily Fail's report on the photoshopped Princess Charlotte's Christening picture? Disturbing.

No,I got it. Twas the Bosnian arms dealers behind the conspiracy to Murder Diana who did it.

Trust no one,man. Not even the trees.

Maybe they're having a contest entitled "Creepiest thing I did on my summer vacation" kind of thing. Definitely shows a warped mind.

No,I got it. Twas the Bosnian arms dealers behind the conspiracy to Murder Diana who did it.

Trust no one,man. Not even the trees.
And this theory explains why The Cambridge's moved out of Kensington Palace, it to is surrounded by trees...

Kensington Palace did tweet a photo of a very sketchy parakeet hanging outside. Another reason- angry birds.

Let's get back on topic, please.

Interesting article but pure speculation on the part of Ken Wharfe

Ken Wharfe hasn't been an RPO in almost 20 years. A lot has changed in 20 years.

Ken Wharfe hasn't been an RPO in almost 20 years. A lot has changed in 20 years.

Alot has changed but Ken Wharfe has made some outstanding contact's and is very well respected.

BBC Radio Interview: Starts at 19:33-
"Buckingham palace has appealed to the world's media not to publish unauthorised images of Prince George. It says some paparazzi have gone to, "extreme lengths" to take pictures and, "a line has been crossed". The palace said a small number of media organisations, mostly in Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand and the US, had published photos of Prince George in "unacceptable circumstances". However it said the "vast majority", and all UK publications, had refused. Are the Palace trying to re-draw the lines of what is acceptable intrusion? Steve Hewlett hears from Robert Jobson, Evening Standard Royal Editor, and Ken Wharfe, former Scotland Yard Protection Officer to Diana, the Princess of Wales and Prince William."
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, Royal pictures, Managing talent, Archant's positive performance

As I said before, this stuff can get tricky, especially when George is taken out to public places.

BBC Radio Interview: Starts at 19:33-
"Buckingham palace has appealed to the world's media not to publish unauthorised images of Prince George. It says some paparazzi have gone to, "extreme lengths" to take pictures and, "a line has been crossed". The palace said a small number of media organisations, mostly in Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand and the US, had published photos of Prince George in "unacceptable circumstances". However it said the "vast majority", and all UK publications, had refused. Are the Palace trying to re-draw the lines of what is acceptable intrusion? Steve Hewlett hears from Robert Jobson, Evening Standard Royal Editor, and Ken Wharfe, former Scotland Yard Protection Officer to Diana, the Princess of Wales and Prince William."
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, Royal pictures, Managing talent, Archant's positive performance

As I said before, this stuff can get tricky, especially when George is taken out to public places.
. All toddlers should be encouraged to explore the world outside of their immediate environment. PG has done nothing to warrant house arrest. It is a complex legal matter but at it's heart are a toddler and a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom