Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 1: February 2002-May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dukes engagements for this year haven't been posted yet. Maybe he is taking some time off. He seems to travel a lot.

i know this question must have been asked before, but my internet is really slow, i can't search.so here is the question, will the duchy of York be passed on to Princess Beatrice, or will it be merged to the crown after Prince Andrew?

florawindsor said:
i will the duchy of York be passed on to Princess Beatrice, or will it be merged to the Crown after Prince Andrew?
The Dukedom of York can only be passed to a son; if there is no son it will revert to the Crown.

One really old photo from prince andrew's christening.
the photo ( a paint) is from a british newspaper, the copy is very old and I can see WATH paper is.
bautismodeandres.jpg

Last edited:
ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - JANUARY 22: HRH Price Andrew the Duke of York walks down the 17th fairway during the final round of the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship on the National Course at Abu Dhabi Golf Club on January 22, 2006 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

(from getty)

Attachments

• 56644719.jpg
    56644719.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 56644728.jpg
    56644728.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 163
thanks for the photos, andrew look good!

Is he going grey yet I know The Prince of Wales is and The Earl of Wessex I Belive as well and Anne too

Andrew looks like James Bond with his shades, elegant good looking brit guy:D

He is going grey it shows around his temples, he is still good looking though.;)

He needs a personal trainer

Last edited:
Andrew doesn't need a personal trainer, he just needs to play more golf:D

Prince Andrew (C) is pictured during a visit on the second day of the 3GSM World Congress 14 February 2006 in Barcelona.

from getty

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 162
Andrew visits Roll Royce Manufacturing Plant, UK, 21 of february

from abaca

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 125
Prince Andrew still looks good to me. And boy, as he been busy jeting off to so many places I can't keep track of all his engagements. He's working really hard. I hope people have gained respect for him and not think he is still living the freebee lifestyle. Does anyone know if his home Sunninghill has ever been sold or is it still on the market.

Of course he's going gray but he's just seasoned not bad for his age! He looks like he might've lost weight. But he should loosen those tuxes around the neck it creates turkey neck if you don't.

xx hrh xx

And if you rearrange the letters in ANDREW you get his brother EDWARD.

BeatrixFan said:
And if you rearrange the letters in ANDREW you get his brother EDWARD.

You do? I get EDWARN?

A N D R E W

E D W A R N - that's true actually. Well, you nearly get Edward.

BeatrixFan said:
A N D R E W

E D W A R N - that's true actually. Well, you nearly get Edward.
But is near enough good enough?
I don't think so.
No prize for you. :D

And I really wanted that chocolate mouse. :(

Duke of York

I have had the Privelage of meeting His Royal Highness The Duke of York during the 1995 VE Day Celebrations when he visited Northern Ireland, He was perfectly nice and very interested in our BB group who were providing a Royal Guard of Honour, while His Royal Highness was in the exhibition we were allowed to go onto the Royal Helicopter to look around. Before The Duke departed we gave a Royal Salute and Sang the National Anthem he then waved and departed by air while the crowd sang "will ye no come back again" it was quite a lovely afternoon.

It is engagement where the Royal Family make a real difference, giving memories to Children and a day that local communities can be proud of. Prince Andrew works very hard and his contributions to the Royal Family should not be underestimated.

Prince Andrew (L) holds a surface to air rocket launcher with Roy Bird, the site Director for the French owned company Thales Air Defence , in Belfast, in Northern Ireland, 16 March 2006.

from getty

Attachments

• 57105388.jpg
    57105388.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 192
perhaps prince andrew is missing his military days.. :D :D

from ANP :
Britain's Duke of York, Prince Andrew, looks over a surface-to-air missile with Roy Bird from Thales Air Defence of east Belfast, during a two day visit to Northern Ireland, Thursday March 16, 2006. During Prince Andrew's visit, Thales Air Defence, announced they had landed a £10m contract to manufacture and assemble anti-tank weapons for the Swedish army.

Attachments

• 2504211.jpg
    2504211.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 2504216.jpg
    2504216.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 2504523.jpg
    2504523.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 2504524.jpg
    2504524.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 152
Today in a desperte effort at procrastination I was reading the Toyota Spring 2006 newsletter that my office got in the mail. One item caught me eye. There is a photo but alas i dont have a scanner. here is a transcription of the item...

----
His royal highness the Duke of York Launches Toyota's £500,000 NSPCC fundraising challenge.

The Duke of York, patron of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children's Full Stop Campaign, visited the Burnaston plant in his capacity as UK Special Representative for International Trade and Investment to see at first hand the latest developments following a £50 million capacity expanding investment program.

During his visit the Duke of York welcomed Toyota' pledge to raise £500,000 for the NSPCC by the end of 2006. The money to be raised by employee and company fundraising activity throughout the year will be used to support NSPCC projects in Derbyshire and North Wales where Toyota's UK plants are based.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York during a visit to the Beijing Sheerwood Equestrian Club on March 28, 2006 in Beijing, China. Prince Andrew is on a four-day visit in China hoping to promote trade and investment relations.

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited: