The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

PRINCE MICHAEL TO VISIT NAVAL COLLEGE JOHN KIRK

11:00 - 15 August 2005
Staff at the historic Britannia Royal Naval College will be honoured with a second royal visit to mark the facility's centenary year. Prince Michael of Kent will be visiting the college, on the banks of the River Dart, in Dartmouth, next month. Last month Prince Andrew, also visited the naval training establishment.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

£30M YACHT ROCK SMASH FOR PUSHY
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Old 08-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Britain's Prince and Princess Michael of Kent involved in boating accident

Aug 16, 2005, 14:37 GMT Britain's Prince and Princess Michael of Kent have been involved in a boating accident after a yacht they were holidaying on crashed into rocks off Sardinia.

The princess and her husband were left seriously shaken by the crash, which landed three people in hospital.

The £30 million 246ft yacht had been hired by Italian aristocrats, Prince Carlo de Bourbon and his wife Camilla, who invited the prince and princess to join them.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...ating_accident
Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Courtier

They didn't talk about the accident in the Italian tv news. When a VIP has a problem or accident when on holiday (especially in Sardinia) they usually tell it.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
According to the Scotsman and other papers:

Princess Michael of Kent is taking part in a new TV documentary
which follows her as she tries to sell her 18th century home.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:01 AM
Royal Highness

Nether Lypiatt is for sale??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
According to the Scotsman and other papers:

Princess Michael of Kent is taking part in a new TV documentary
which follows her as she tries to sell her 18th century home.
She is selling Nether Lypiatt to stay in Kensington Palace???? I know her brother and sister-in-law are selling their country home also!!

Leave it to Princess Michael to earn more money off of it by turning it into a TV documentary!! She is probably being paid for the documentary, and the documentary could jack up the price of the home!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Probably she hopes that, seeing the house in tv, some rich people become interested in it. And if there are several people who want buy the house, she could even rise the price! I hope that she'll be able to sell it at a high price; in the future she and her husband will face housing problems and they will need money.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

In a way, I do feel sorry for that woman. On one hand she is expected to live in a manor befitting to someone with and HRH or Princess in front of her name. I'm sure if she scale back her lavish lifestyle, the red tops will make sniping comments about going to the poor house. At least she is honest about trying to make as much money as she can on her country house.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
In a way, I do feel sorry for that woman. On one hand she is expected to live in a manor befitting to someone with and HRH or Princess in front of her name. I'm sure if she scale back her lavish lifestyle, the red tops will make sniping comments about going to the poor house. At least she is honest about trying to make as much money as she can on her country house.
I think Princess Michael has always had a "greed" streak. She always complained she and her husband were never on the civil list and that they "would go anywhere for a hot meal." That is just too tacky to say when there are plenty of people starving and have no home.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I think Princess Michael has always had a "greed" streak. She always complained she and her husband were never on the civil list and that they "would go anywhere for a hot meal." That is just too tacky to say when there are plenty of people starving and have no home.
As the old saying goes, money doesn't buy you class.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
As the old saying goes, money doesn't buy you class.
It sure doesn't!!!:p
Old 08-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I read somewhere that Princess Michael thought they ought to downsize since their children weren't at home anymore, and that the sale of the house was supposed to give the children some setting-up money.

Of course, Princess Michael is also not going to be fox hunting anymore.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Nobility

She has stated on record several times that she has never said she would "go anywhere for a free meal" but the story has been repeated so often it is now down as fact.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
She has stated on record several times that she has never said she would "go anywhere for a free meal" but the story has been repeated so often it is now down as fact.
That has no importance James. It's just like the NYC restaurant story. No one ever bothered asking the Princess her version of the story.
As long as it make MC looks like a mean classless (class-less??!!. ) fool, it must be true. Nevermind the facts.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
That sounds like something she might have said, meaning it for a joke, and everyone takes it seriously. (That happens to me a lot.)
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
That sounds like something she might have said, meaning it for a joke, and everyone takes it seriously. (That happens to me a lot.)

It should tell you something that if she even said it in jest and people took it seriously what they think of her!!:p
Old 09-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Royal Highness

From News of the World, Princess Michael talks about the Queen, Charles, etc.

TREACHERY!
By Mazher Mahmood

MONEY-GRABBING Princess Michael of Kent has made a shocking series of deeply offensive revelations about the Royal Family in a grubby bid to sell her £6million home.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news1.shtml

Part 2 from News of the World.

ONLY ROYALS AND HORSES
By Mazher Mahmood
IT WAS the kind of sales pitch you'd expect from Del Boy—but with a cut-glass royal accent replacing the south London twang.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news2.shtml
Old 09-04-2005, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

OH MY GOD!!! The Queen has to do something about her and now!! She is way out of line and out of control!! She should be banned from court and royal appearances!!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

She must be wishing that "Off with her head" was a command that still meant something.

Mind you, this is a rather one-sided account. No doubt there's been some exaggeration going on. It'll be interesting how much of it she denies, and if the Fake Sheik was wearing a concealed mike.

Would this be the same Fake Sheik that embarrassed Sophie Wessex so badly a few years ago?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
She must be wishing that "Off with her head" was a command that still meant something.
Everyone says Diana and Fergie were such a damage to the Monarchy. Look at this woman!! MY GOD!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent