Lord Frederick Windsor News 1: July 2003-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Majesty Magazine this month feature Miss Winkleman in the Lead from Ingrid Seward who describes her as "approachable and warm". It also has a photo from "The Palace" which is quite nice but I think one of the couple would have been more appropriate for an engagement. Majesty also reckons HM The Queen will offer them St. George's Chapel for the Wedding. I am of the opinion that a small Chapel in a Palace may be used or perhaps THE Queen's Chapel at St. James's.

What does St James Palace Church lok like
It looks like a pretty place to have a wedding will his children have Titles??

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a pretty place to have a wedding will his children have Titles??

It is pretty chapel.

His children won't have titles.

He is only 'Lord' because he is the son of a grandson of a monarch. Prince Michael has no title to pass on to his son so that son will have no titles to pass onto his children.

Except for the eldest son's line eventually titles no longer pass down.

Take Prince Michael's elder brother, HRH The Duke of Kent. The Duke of Kent has two sons, the elder of whom will inherit the Kent title but the younger is known as 'Lord' and has no title to pass on. Lord Frederick is the same as this younger son of the Duke of Kent - no title to pass on. The elder son of the Duke of Kent will pass that title to his eldest son but any grandsons he may have in the future through a younger son won't have any title. In addition the present Duke is the last to hold the HRH. After his passing the Duke of Kent won't be HRH The Duke of Kent but simply The Duke of Kent. British titles are only inherited through the eldest son so that younger sons, and daughters descendents, eventually become plain Mr and Miss.

This is why, in British titles, there a lots of people who are descended from noble/royal titles but now have no titles.

You beat me too it skydragon.
Hampton Court Palace should be a wodnerful venue for a wedding. It's a stunning place from the pictures i've seen. Wonder if they'll go down the Autumn and Peter route and put the pictures in Hello!
Well it's nice to here the royal family are cutting back on costs, especially as this is a wedding.

But i suppose it reflects Freddie as a lesser known royal. But then again i didn't know much about Peter and Autumn and they got married in style.
Saturday September 12th. :)
Should be a good day.

Lord Freddie Windsor refuses to say Hello! to big wedding gift

In a decision likely to please the Queen, who was said to have been dismayed by Peter Phillips's decision to sell the rights to his wedding to Hello! for £500,000, Lord Frederick Windsor and his fiancée, Sophie Winkleman, have rejected a number of highly lucrative proposals from magazines to cover their own nuptials.

But i suppose it reflects Freddie as a lesser known royal. But then again i didn't know much about Peter and Autumn and they got married in style.
Saturday September 12th. :)
Should be a good day.

Peter Philips is the grandson of the ruling Queen of England. Freddie is a second cousin, that has to make a difference.

What's quite sad is that this will obviously been Princess Michael's day to shine. Let's face it, they could get married by the Pope at the Vatican and the bride could wear an amazing frock etc etc - but Princess Michael will make sure she's the star turn.

What's quite sad is that this will obviously been Princess Michael's day to shine. Let's face it, they could get married by the Pope at the Vatican and the bride could wear an amazing frock etc etc - but Princess Michael will make sure she's the star turn.

Indeed you seem to have Princess Michael right on the nail. Wonder how big her Tiara will be, or maybe she'll wear an outrageously huge hat. She'll have us all talking about her, she is now. The fact that she said about her sons wedding going to be a "crunch" wedding, she wants us to notice her as making a big change. Her, not the wedding. :)
x

Courtesy of Royal palaces-Hampton Court Palace Official website.

The Chapel Royal

"Courtesy of Oxford Archaelogy: exploring the human journey."

Chapel Royal, Hampton Court

Hopefully, there shall be photos inside the chapel, the Great Hall, other inside areas of Hampton Court Palace and also in the various gardens.

Courtesy of The Bishop of London's official website.

http://www.london.anglican.org/BishopOfLondon

"The Bishop of London-Richard John Carew Chartres."

:flowers:

Last edited:
Hampton Court will make a lovely location for the wedding especially for the pictures

It's a very historic chapel as well. Henry VIII married Catherine Parr his last wife there married on 12 July 1543 and his son Edward VI was baptised in the Chapel on 15 October 1537. I visited Hampton Court 4 years ago and I remarked at the time to the people I was with that I was surprised the Royals didn't use it more for weddings as unlike some of the other chapels within the Royal Palaces it is actually quite big and very beautiful, like a smaller version of St. Georges at Windsor in many ways.

In addition the present Duke is the last to hold the HRH. After his passing the Duke of Kent won't be HRH The Duke of Kent but simply The Duke of Kent. British titles are only inherited through the eldest son so that younger sons, and daughters descendents, eventually become plain Mr and Miss.

This is why, in British titles, there a lots of people who are descended from noble/royal titles but now have no titles.
If I am not mistaken, the next Duke of Kent will be known as His Grace the Duke Of Kent

If I am not mistaken, the next Duke of Kent will be known as His Grace the Duke Of Kent

Of course - but that applies to all non-royal Dukes.

My point was more to do with the fact that the HRH doesn't pass down any further, through the Gloucester and Kent lines.

It is good that the date is set already. I still hope we will see pictures from the wedding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-royal-upset-new-images-emerge-racy-film.html

The DM is like a dog with a bone over Sophie's role in the film "Love, Live Long". They have tried to whip it up into a major scandal but the other tabloids seem to have let the story drop as the film hasn't turned out to be as controversial as I think they hoped it was going to be. Not to be defeated, however, the DM is giving it another try in this new article and then has the cheek to say that they won't publish any more stills in order to save Sophie embarrasment. How hypocritical can you get?

Apparently 400-500 guests have been invited and the wedding and reception are being held in the Chapel Royal and the Great Hall at Hampton Court Palace which are big venues. Frederick's 21st birthday party, almost 10 years ago, was reported to have cost £100,000 pounds so I am sure that no expense will be spared for his wedding.

Andrew Motion warms to poem about climate change - Telegraph

at the end of the column:
Keen to assist Lord Frederick Windsor in his efforts to organise a "credit-crunch" wedding, Lady Annabel Goldsmith has offered to hold his engagement party.
So eager is the widow of Sir James Goldsmith to help out Lord Freddie, her godson, that she has cancelled her summer party. "It's a great shame as it is such a highlight of the season," said Claus von Bülow at the launch of Nicholas Coleridge's latest novel, Deadly Sins.

Lord Freddie and his fiancée, the actress Sophie Winkleman, 27, have turned down several lucrative offers from magazines.

It is nice to learn that people close to Lord Frederic offer a helping hand to him to cover costs associated with an upcoming event. At the same time, mass media outlets will likely continue to write some wild specualtions about the couple and Prince and Princess Michael.

Just because Lady Goldsmith offered to hold the party it dosn't means it is for financial reasons that is just pure speculation. The article can't even get basic facts right ie she's not one of his godmothers just a great friend of Princess Michael.

You might be right noting that Lady Goldsmith has got her own personal reasons to hold the engagement party. At the same time, her offer will contribute to cost reduction of the event. I see nothing wrong with that.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it I'm just pointing out that I don't think that the Kents actually need people to do it. When all is said and done they are still rich people and I'm sure they won't struggle to give Lord Freddie a nice wedding. Peter Phillips didn't have to do what he did with that magazine either as I'm sure his gran and mother sorted him out with lucrative trust funds from the day he was born and he also inherited from the Queen Mother. IMO taking that Hello deal was just greed not necessity so I'm glad that Frederick Windsor isn't doing the same thing.

I have just seen the preview for next weeks Robin Hood episode on BBC 1 and it seems from what I could gather that Sophie is playing Robin Hoods mother, Ghislaine. I don't know if this has already been said?
x

Pics 2.6.2009

Lord Frederick Windsor and his fiancee Sophie Winkleman
enjoying an Evening of Nicky Haslam Singing Hart and Cole
at Bellamy's Restaurant, London. 02/06/2009. His mother
Princess Michael of Kent attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom