The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

If you read some of the older posts on this thread, you'll see a lot of us don't get it (I should add myself to this).

This is of course the peril with judging people merely from pictures--what haunts us about photographs may not, in real life, be a big deal at all when you know the person depicted. Poor Freddie--we're all dissing his peculiar stare, and drawing conclusions regarding his persona from this. Dangerous turf, and I'm of course 'guilty' here too. Too bad we can't all just meet all of these royals we're judging here, if only for just a brief moment, to ease our conjecturing about these people..

Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
No he isn't handsome IMO but he does have a model's look about him. Meaning what you say? Most models aren't traditionally beautiful/handsome but have that "other" or different look about them. Well, his look is definitely different. Maybe a little too different?

Old 07-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

Well I definitely do get it and I think he is very handsome. And some may think it odd, but I actually find the bulging eye look in the family to be very attractive. Freddy's eyes are so green. When he was a little boy he was just so cute and sweet looking. You can see that in the photos in the British Royal Family Portrait thread.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Courtier

I think Freddie is very handsome in his own way. He comes across quite scary looking at times beacuse he has such intense big eyes. I love the colour of his eyes though. I have never met him in person, so i cant say if hes really as scary but i imagine that in person, he would be so handsome beacause apart from his intimidating eyes, he would have the lovliest british accent ever (all the male windsors do) and i think he has a gorgeous smile. I also love his hair.I just imagine him being so much better looking in person
Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

He was on a survival show in the U.K. a few months ago and he was really good looking and speaks with the same deep posh sexy voice as Prince William. His eyes never looked all large and strange when he was on film. It must be the way the camera catches him sometimes as I also never thought he was that attractive before but really fancied him on that programme.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seriously? He was on a TV show in Britain? That's interesting. I wonder if it's the same type of "Survivor" show we get here in the States. Anyone know if they have episodes available to order?
It's nice to hear he doesn't look as scary on the show, b'cuz sometimes his eyes really do look spooky, but maybe the camera catches him by surprise at times, so he has a surprised look. :)
Old 07-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

What is the name of this show Lord Freddy was on?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Lord Frederick's dracula eyes are not so difficult to trace. Count Dracula was a deadly womanizer with hypnotic eyes.

Lord Frederick's mother, Princess Michael, is a daughter of Lady Maria Anna Countess Szápáry de Muraszombath, Széchysziget et Szapár. A very ancient and prestigious noble family coming fom territories close to Transsylvania in Hungary and Romania.

The name sounds as mysterious as Vlad The Impaler, Count Dracula.

:)
Old 07-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
He is so adorable! My, this generation of royals...Freddie, Ella, Zara, Peter, Wills, Harry, Bea, Eugenie, Rose, Davina, and Alexander truly are a good looking bunch. I suppose that is what happens when you STOP marrying your cousins and infuse new blood into the dynasty. :-)
I tend to disagree a little bit. I think that the young Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret Rose, as well as the young Princess Michael, the young Princess Anne, the young Duchess of Kent, etc. really were very eye-catching beauties in their young years.
:)
Old 07-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

Yes and I think some of the Windsor men in earlier times were also good looking - Prince Eddy, the young George V, Prince George duke of Kent, Prince Michael. I think they were all handsome. Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert was very handsome in his younger years and he certainly drove Queen Victoria wild.

That name - Szapary, that Princess Michael's mother's family have. I think that is the same name as some of Dracula's relatives including that one named Elisabeth who liked to bathe in the blood of virgins or something like that.

But Lord Freddy looks like the angelic Prince Eddy, but not quite as stylish.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia
That name - Szapary, that Princess Michael's mother's family have. I think that is the same name as some of Dracula's relatives including that one named Elisabeth who liked to bathe in the blood of virgins or something like that.
I think you are confused with Lady Erszébet Bathóry, Countess Nadásdy (1560-1641), better known as The Bloody Countess.

Lady Erszébet Bathóry was said to be of exceptional beauty. As the Countess grew older, she tried to conceal her age through cosmetics and expensive clothes, but nothing helped. However, one day a servant girl was attending to Lady Erszébet's hair and either pulled it or made a remark that the Countess thought was inappropriate.

Whatever the circumstance, the infuriated Countess slapped the girl so hard that blood spurted from her nose. The blood splashed against Lady Erszébet's face. Where the blood had touched the Countess she observed in a mirror that her skin had lost its lines of age. Believing that she could look young again, Lady Erszébet turned to vampirism.

Lady Erszébet had her servants to kidnap beautiful young virgins, slash them with knives and collect their blood in a large vat. The Countess would then bathe in the virgin's blood, or drink it to achieve an 'inner beauty' as well.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

Yes I was thinking of that Elisabeth. But I think that story about the virgin's blood actually making her lines, etc. disappear must not be factually true?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia
Yes I was thinking of that Elisabeth. But I think that story about the virgin's blood actually making her lines, etc. disappear must not be factually true?
Maybe the warm blood coloured the face a little bit or softened it. But it will have been a placebo effect, like lots of folks pull L'Oréal revitalift, Oil of Ulay or something on their faces in the hope to regain youth.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

Yes and she was also obviously insane to go about setting up a vat of Virgin's Blood to bathe in and drink.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/
quotes from article*
*former “O.C.” actress landed a string of dates with the Queen of England’s nephew Lord Freddie Windsor by initially pretending she had no clue that he’s royalty. Barton has become a fixture in England

*frequently heading off to Kensington Palace for dinner with Lord Freddie and his parents, the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.

if you don't know who misha barton is try the most annoying thread on this board
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...light=annoying

she's right down there with paris hilton as far as behavior and exibitionism
Old 08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Commoner

I don't know if this stories true but
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-08-11/#2
It's article number 7
Old 08-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Courtier

The bulging eyes come from the Hannovers though -- look at old pics of Victoria's uncles and Victoria herself. That's why they've been referred to as the Hannoverian Pop Eyes by some in the media.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
The bulging eyes come from the Hannovers though -- look at old pics of Victoria's uncles and Victoria herself.
And current pics of Princess Beatrice of York
Old 08-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaRomanov
I don't know if this stories true but
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-08-11/#2
It's article number 7
Maybe they are just friends. Who really knows? And, that she brought her own chaperone with her may attest that either she is just a friend or THEY didn't want any rumours of an impending romance, but true, when she was invited to the Palace for dinner with Mum & Dad.

Anyway, how in the world do they know what happened over dinner unless Misha has a big mouth, or perhaps her chaperone dropped a few hints.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Serene Highness

Lord Frederick Windsor - Tom Troubridge

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_f...ity-22688.html

Please tell me that the part about Tom Troubridge being Frederick's father is just a misprint.

Closed Thread

Tags
lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman