The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Aristocracy

Windsor III,
I am so happy you got my point:)

Old 06-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Courtier

(rex photo)

Finally a nice smile from Kate. I've been so harsh on her of late because of her constant frowning. Sorry Kate. Perhaps good news was had on Mustique?

Old 06-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
The reason why she was smiling was because the papparazzi were right in front of her and complimenting her, as well as passers by complimenting her.

For example 'Kate, your so beautiful'

It's funny though because before she told the lawyers that she doesn't want any publicity, so maybe she has changed her mind:) because reality wise, she has to get used to it if she wants to marry Wills one day.
Where did you read that? Is there video footage of this? Or were you making a joke? Sorry I really couldn't tell...
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

^ Well the reason being is that she is smiling right at the camera and also there was an article (can't be bothered to find now but you can google it and look in the news section) of that occasion when the papparazzi and a few passers by reconized her.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
Where did you read that? Is there video footage of this? Or were you making a joke? Sorry I really couldn't tell...
There was a Hello article but it didn't mention it-just showed the pic.

The papparazzi have been known to say things to get celebrities to smile or cry to get the photo they want but the papers don't generally print how they got the reaction. They just print the photos and make up their own caption.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

what do we really know about this girl? The great Kate Middleton debate
Old 06-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCold
That was very funny, StoneCold! Couldn't help but notice we had most of the 'debates' mentioned there, in Kate Middleton forum .
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCold
That's not a newspaper article but a piece written by the moderator of another forum.

Its basically an opinion piece of all the opinions out in the press based on the fact that we actually know very little about Kate.

I can't believe so much has been written and speculated about this woman we know so little about. The idea of letting William and Kate get on with their relationship and waiting to see if it pans out seems incredibly foreign in some quarters.

Human nature is quite puzzling at times.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I can't believe so much has been written and speculated about this woman we know so little about. The idea of letting William and Kate get on with their relationship and waiting to see if it pans out seems incredibly foreign in some quarters.

Human nature is quite puzzling at times.
A friend of mine believes that if you expect the worst from everyone, you are never disappointed. I have always tried to see some good but, when you read some of the things people write about this young woman, that we know very little about, I wonder just who's attitude is better. :)

As for letting them get on with their relationship or lives and waiting to see how things work out, now that is far beyond optimism!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Does anyone know why she is smiling so much? I mean if I was just walking down the street I won't just be smiling like that. Were there papparazzi in front of her due to why she is smiling. Don't get me wrong, I am glad she is smiling and I hope she continues to smile, but I was just wondering... :)
Hi, Laraib. Your question is definitely a valid one. She is probably smiling like that because she is being greeted by passersby. This is especially plausible given her recently increased media coverage.

I was baffled by the number of defensive comments in response to your post, and am lead to believe that this the attempt of many to 'rise above' all the conjecture. One can only question the sincerity of some of these comments.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Welcome to The Royal Forums cannes. You chose an interesting way to introduce yourself to the community by questioning the sincerity of the posters here.

As far as myself, I am quite sincere when I state that I have not seen so much written over a person we know so little of and it is quite puzzling.

Why don't you try to get to know us better before you question someone's sincerity?
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Gentry

whomever she's smiling at, i hardly think it was for the paps who were meeting her along the way. :p
Old 06-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Commoner

I know this isnít from an official source, but Iíve just been having a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine from 6th form who Iíve been catching up with and thought I would share it. He was in the same year as William and Kate at St Andrews and graduated in the same ceremony last year. He sort of new them around the 2nd and 3rd year when they would all go to the same bars and clubs, but I donít think he was in their group. Anyway, from what he told me about Kate if someone who she didnít know that well or didnít like would be talking to someone who she wanted to talk to she would try and phase them out of the conversation. He also said how he remembered one night out when he was trying to chat to her and she was waiting for William to arrive was being very short and then when William and his friends arrived she was all laughing and joking. I donít know if this 100% true or whether its sour grapes on my friends part. But I know for a fact he went to St Andrews and he showed me some photos of William from when they were in the same rugby team.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Royal Highness

everyone has their way of dealing with people, and that just sounds like her way.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Nobility

I would worry more if everyone said Kate was amazing all the time, nobody is and of course you get days when you can not be bothered talking to just anybody.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Commoner

He basically said that he thought Kate was gorgeous (which I don't dispute), but that she also had a way of dealing with people. The reason I found what he had to say about her interesting was because all that people have said about her from school and university is how lovely and discreet she is, and I suppose it's just a different opinion/ perspective on her.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Gentry

yeah, we all have flaws and imperfections. :(

but if what English Rose has told is true, then she's be like a dorky princess.
doing charity work and all that other pubic duties when she really doesn't care at all at how others feel.

i mean, if she couldn't spare a minute or two for a fellow school mate who wanted to talk to her when she's still a commoner, then how could she spare a minute or two for the sick who wanted her care when she's already a princess? don't tell me she'll just be a pretend charitable lady coz that would be so awful.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

Well if people at St. Andrews knew she was dating William, I think she has a right to be a little suspicious at people she didn't know talking to her. I'm sure some people would just honestly be friendly but other people might want to take advantage of that. I think she has a legitimate reason for not being that open.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Nobility

I like it here. Hope I can remember how to find my way back every now and then! :)
Old 06-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Well I really think she is not William girlfriend! Have you think about that??? Why they are not seen together????

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton