The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I can't believe hanging out with William while HE shoots birds gets HER criticism. Just b/c she picks them up, so what. The girl can't get a break.
Well if she did that she should be criticize for that, Killing animals for fun is not a beautiful thing to do, not a meritorious thing to do for God Sake!!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Courtier

I dont see why all the fuss around Kate picking up dead animals, it should be around William killing them

Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I hope she is more like Camilla (no disrespect to late Princess Diana). Camilla's type fits in with British royal Family and simply with British lifestyle. She is typical English Lady (and it's great, imo).
Kate seems to be just as discreet, calm and supportive, which is very imprtant for the (possible) bride/wife of the future King.
Just my opinion though.
I think the fact that she's a younger version of Camilla is fine. It'd be nice if that was pointed out more often (in the press) instead of having to read about "the next people's princess" or the next Diana and doesn't Kate have such style--just like Diana...

I think Kate's personality and eagerness to fit into the royal family on their terms makes her a good match for William. That doesn't mean I'm excited about her being 'the one' but if William is happy that's okay with me. I'm just tired of her being presented as something she is not.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Do you really think this story is true? Well I though Kate loved animals because she had appear once with a dog, so she must love animals!!I really don't belive she was capable of doing such a thing. I cannot belived that she did help to pick up some dead birds.
I believe it to be true.
I own a dog, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with hunting or shooting. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
Sometimes it doesn't pay to walk on eggshells and pretend to be politically correct in all things. Nowadays, there are too many organisations attempting to direct other people's lives according to their own personal likes and dislikes. I would never try to force anyone to hunt or to eat meat or do anything else that they find distasteful. I fully resent anyone attempting to do that to me as well.
If a person likes to hunt, then they just like to hunt. If it becomes illegal, then they can no longer hunt. As long as it's legal and they aren't trespassing, it's their business.
I'm a meat eater, and I do try to eat everything I hunt. I also pay someone to help me (my husband and I) take care of the meat and dress it properly so that it's edible for us and anyone we share it with.
If Prince William hunts and Kate wants to watch and share his experiences, so be it. They are minding their own business. Others should mind theirs as well.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy

Why did people criticize Kate for William shooting sport for fun? Will you all beleive William will listen to her if she told him no "shooting sport"? They both are adults and take their own responsibility.
Kate is Kate and Diane is Diane. Also, please don't compare Kate with Camilla.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
I dont see why all the fuss around Kate picking up dead animals, it should be around William killing them

So true! What is this with the 'bloodsports' (even though I might be considered a hypocrit because here in the US the hunters licenses are used for Wildlife Management projects, which I do support as it helps with conservation)? But, it's what makes them ROYAL and us the p(h)easants.!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I didn't know that! So, they can't be eaten for a week. Hopefully, the royals will still be around when the birds are ready for grilling! Or, it will be a waste.

And, that's what I love about Camilla. I love that English mannerisms etc and all that that goes into making her English. I hate to see that disappearing from Britain today, IMHO
To be fair, even when they don't eat them, they are sold or given away for others to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I though Kate loved animals because she had appear once with a dog
Being seen with or owning a dog doesn't really have any bearing on it. When I was Catherines age, I loved all animals and kept many different sorts. It did not stop me from hunting, fishing and shooting.
She picked a dead bird up for her boyfriend, lets not hang her for it, after all, everyone feigning outrage is probably going to have meat of some sort for their meal or is wearing leather shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviolette
There's no way she's going to become a "People's Princess" in any way, imo... ....The press is also starting to compare her with Diana (more brainwashing) but she's clearly more like Camilla than Diana.
Blairs' script writer came up with the 'catchy' title after Diana's death, while she was alive nobody called her that.

We need someone more like Camilla who is able to represent the large portion of the British that want a Princess, rather than a 'celebrity'
Old 12-04-2006, 07:27 PM

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments about shooting/hunting. Personally, I think fox-hunting is atrocious, but that is banned now in Britain, isn't it? Anyway, to get back on topic, I don't hold this personal view against the royal family or against Catherine. It is my personal opinion and does not stop me from loving the royal family. It is one of a very small # of conflicts, but is by no means a deal breaker. Besides, pheasant shooing is not as cruel as fox hunting. The thing is, the pheasants are shot immediately, as opposed to chased and horrified beforehand.... and the dogs do really enjoy tracking down the fallen birds and bringing them to the bags, and being a dog lover, I can't help from smiling at dogs enjoying themselves.
The only objection is that I would never partake in this activity, but far be it from me to stop others from doing it. I have niether the power nor the desire to be that controlling!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
So true! What is this with the 'bloodsports' (even though I might be considered a hypocrit because here in the US the hunters licenses are used for Wildlife Management projects, which I do support as it helps with conservation)? But, it's what makes them ROYAL and us the p(h)easants.!
That's why the royals do it too, if I understand correctly. Officially they always say it has to do with keeping the estates ecologically balanced or something, but then I read in some articles about it that the royals have the birds imported specially for the shoot.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
We need someone more like Camilla who is able to represent the large portion of the British that want a Princess, rather than a 'celebrity'
Camilla and Diana both have/had their share of great qualities. Camilla is awesome, but you have to admit she has had huge advantages over Diana. Camilla had a better, more ideal upbringing and she came into full adulthood totally in private, whereas Diana had to "grow up" in a sense in front of the world stage. Finally, Camilla has been in love and had that love reciprocated for most of her adult life, whereas Diana lived her life always seeking and not having that love in return. Then Camilla also has the advantage of looking back over all of Diana's blunders and knowing what not to do: Hmm..........too many to list!
I guess I would have to agree about Catherine, though. If I had to compare her to one of her future father-in-law's wives, I'd say she is mostly like Camilla, but then there is also the 'Sloane Ranger' style that is totally Diana.
Catherine is also somewhat like Sophie, although Sophie might not be posh enough for Catherine, I don't know.
Above all, however, Catherine reminds me remarkably more and more of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. I definitely can see Catherine becoming a celebrity princess, but obviously I hope Skydragon is right and she won't take it too far, as Diana (perhaps unintentionally) did as CP Mary seems to be aiming for. If Catherine would take but a chapter from Camilla's no-fuss-or-nonsense manuel, we would see the perfect mix, maybe, of the grounded and the celebrity aspects of being royal.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Courtier

I believe we should take the comparisson somewhere else, and leave this thread for just news on Kate.¡hola! on the job

Quote:
Kate Middleton, Prince William´s girlfriend has found a job 18 weeks ( I think is a mistake and should say 18 months) after graduating in Art history. Kate will work for an outstanding textile brand, Jigsaw, as a purse buyer, that will be re-selled to other stores. The owners of Jigsaw, John and Belle Robinson are close friends of her family and not lon ago it was speculated that Middleton could be a model for the brand
http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...1/casasreales/

YAY for her!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Courtier

There's really no one to compare her to. She lacks the goals, aspirations and sense of purpose (except to become a princess, imho) that the recently crowned commoners had before marriage which has been put to good use after their marriages.

The media will try to make Kate a star if she marries William but adoration on a deep and personal level has to come from the people. You have to be relatable and I don't think she is except on the surface, maybe.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Royal Highness

As far as I know, Kate has never granted any interviews or publicly given her opinion on any subject. I find it amazing that some people can already decide if she deserves adoration or not. I also can't imagine why anyone should need to adore a stranger, be that royalty or celebrity. They are still strangers. Personally, I find the young lady admirable to having kept her composure throught the last 18 months since graduation. Being followed around is an unnerving thought nowadays with stalkers and psychos, and the garden variety attention seekers.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM

Well, anyhow, the comparisons are premature. Catherine is Catherine and the extent of our knowledge of her is based on superficialities like where she grew up, was educated, and how she dresses herself. Also of course, where and with whom she hangs out, and now, where she works, what she does for this job. We don't even really know if she takes out her own trash! That bag might have been donations to Goodwill or whatever equivalent(s) you have in the UK. Ah......so much mystery! It's almost as maddening as the wait for the last Harry Potter novel!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Well we know if she becomes William's wife she'll always be one step behind him picking up the carcasses of dead birds. I'm not judging, I'm just stating what has already been seen.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Well we know if she becomes William's wife she'll always be one step behind him picking up the carcasses of dead birds. I'm not judging, I'm just stating what has already been seen.
Joining a hunt for once in their relationship hardly marks her for life. I'm sure wives across Britain (and beyond) have picked up worse after their husbands. It just seems the idea of hunting has upset you more than just Kate picking up dead birds.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
she is neither stunning, beautiful or charismatic. She won't overshadow William. She'll fit right in to the Firm. The press is also starting to compare her with Diana (more brainwashing) but she's clearly more like Camilla than Diana.
Thanks Laviolette for putting into words exactly what I LIKE about Kate (little though we know about her) If she marries William, she won't be a People's Princess but she will be William's princess which a lot more romantic and interesting to look at.

I like the fact that if she marries William, she will fit in with the Firm and help make it stronger.

I'm interested in royalty for a strong family and a strong institution - and not necessarily for fascinating individuals.

I can get fascinating individuals from Hollywood.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
There's really no one to compare her to. She lacks the goals, aspirations and sense of purpose (except to become a princess, imho) that the recently crowned commoners had before marriage which has been put to good use after their marriages.

The media will try to make Kate a star if she marries William but adoration on a deep and personal level has to come from the people. You have to be relatable and I don't think she is except on the surface, maybe.
A very wise comment Laviollette. Couldn't agree more.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
she is neither stunning, beautiful or charismatic.
She isn't stunning but I think her an attractive young woman nonetheless. Well turned out.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Thanks Laviolette for putting into words exactly what I LIKE about Kate (little though we know about her) If she marries William, she won't be a People's Princess but she will be William's princess which a lot more romantic and interesting to look at.

I like the fact that if she marries William, she will fit in with the Firm and help make it stronger.

I'm interested in royalty for a strong family and a strong institution - and not necessarily for fascinating individuals.

I can get fascinating individuals from Hollywood.
I believe I agree with Ysbel. It is better for her to be William's princess than the People's Princess. If Catherine and Prince William get married, she won't be sleeping with the People at night, or making love with the People, or giving birth to the People's child.
Neither will she be taking vacations with the People, or sharing family holidays with them. William is the person that she has to please, and vice versa.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton