General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the media has blown this up too much, but the pics don't look good, even though we know nothing bad was happening. I think William should've been more careful though.

I wonder if he'll release some kind of statement clearing this up? Or will the Cambs and palace officials just allow it to blow over? The media not letting it go though.

why whould the press let it go? the relationship between william and the press is strained (at best), imo kate is only a bystander in this.
they are annoyed that mostly the foreign press makes all the money because they dare printing what in britain falls under 'privacy', including precious pictures with the kids. the press on home soil doesnt get the access they want, not even at events like christenings, no homestorys (except for obama of course) and very rarely a photoshoot or private photo shared on social media, not even regulary on birthdays.

for me its no surprise that the press wont let go but rake william over the coals as much as possible.

I actually have spent some time thinking about what I would have done if I had been there to see this. I was particularly influenced by the eye roll from the millennial in the foreground of the video.

Absolutely, I would have taken the video. How amazing to be there on the night that the always-portrayed-as-tightly-wrapped-and-in-his-30s William got plotted and acted the fool. I'd replay that video till the day I died. It would be my dining out story from years to come.

For me it would be the same kind of oh my heavens moment had I been able to catch a landslide on my mobile. But then, I am American and I think my perception of the event would be influenced by that.

Would I have sold the video or shared it? Most likely not. I feel no malice toward William and I know that I am still flawed enough that I embarrass myself LARGE in some way at least once a year. I would not want video of me like that out there.

I admit that if someone came at me with really big money - the kind that would make retirement secure - I'd think about it. I'm still not sure I would sell, but it would take some thought. Of course, the tabs do not offer money on that kind of scale.

But in the end, I'd see the event as Will's screw up. Just like when I make a fool of myself, it's because I made a bad choice. I don't blame my boss, my PR people or the press ;), my family or my friends. I screw up based on my own poor choices.

And I am sure that he is excruciatingly embarrassed about that video. Cringeworthy in every way.

What a great post I think I would record it too would I take the money ? If it was enough to help get some medical stuff I need yep I would if he has no shame behaving like that then I wouldn't have any shame either. But as I will never be in that position I won't have to make that decision

I wouldn't have recorded it, because I'm not in the habit of ripping my phone out to record anything. Also, I probably be trying to help William out with his dancing. It's embarrassing to know that Charles is a better dancer than his two young sons. I'm not hip to the new style of dancing, but you have to know how to move to the beat of a song. What William was doing is called losing ones mind.

Last edited:
As things stand right now at this very moment, I wouldn't have recorded the video either for the simple reason that I don't have a smart phone that is capable of doing it. I'm one of the few and far between people that don't have or use a cell phone. Makes sense for me because being hearing impaired, I have a special land line phone. Still, even if I was there and could record it, I wouldn't have. Why? Because if I was in that situation most likely I would be doing the same thing William was doing. Enjoying myself. There are probably many, many occasions in the past where I've been in a situation just like William was in. Ah.... I miss those days. :D

They say pictures (and videos) paint 1,000 words and those 1,000 words depend on what someone sees in it. A lot of the opinions I've seen have been subjective as people see things their own way and make judgment. I prefer to take an objective view and see a guy just having a good time. I don't know how much he drank. I don't know what was going through his mind and I, for sure, have no clue about any of the people he was with and their mindset at the time either.

For all we know, Kate could be laughing her head off at her normally staid and responsible hubby lets his hair down a bit and cuts loose. There was no harm and no foul and the world has kept on turning

As things stand right now at this very moment, I wouldn't have recorded the video either for the simple reason that I don't have a smart phone that is capable of doing it. I'm one of the few and far between people that don't have or use a cell phone. Makes sense for me because being hearing impaired, I have a special land line phone. Still, even if I was there and could record it, I wouldn't have. Why? Because if I was in that situation most likely I would be doing the same thing William was doing. Enjoying myself. There are probably many, many occasions in the past where I've been in a situation just like William was in. Ah.... I miss those days. :D

They say pictures (and videos) paint 1,000 words and those 1,000 words depend on what someone sees in it. A lot of the opinions I've seen have been subjective as people see things their own way and make judgment. I prefer to take an objective view and see a guy just having a good time. I don't know how much he drank. I don't know what was going through his mind and I, for sure, have no clue about any of the people he was with and their mindset at the time either.

For all we know, Kate could be laughing her head off at her normally staid and responsible hubby lets his hair down a bit and cuts loose. There was no harm and no foul and the world has kept on turning

He did look like he haven't partied in a while though. He and Catherine used to go out to a club once in a while when they were dating. Now that they have married, we don't hear or see them out on the town together anymore. They need to get back in the habit of going out again. It's okay for them to leave the kids with nanny or the grandparents and get out and have a good time.

I do think he was a bit 'over served' (palace talk) at the club. Nothing wrong with enjoying a boys weekend ski trip, but I do understand the backlash over the timing. Sometimes the planning can be a bit off, no major harm done in that though.

It's best to keep the ladies away from his table and area at the clubs too. PR wise, it makes no sense.

Tomorrow, all eyes will be on them at the parade and in Paris in a more intense way due to this whole ski trip backlash.

Last edited:
I think the Cambridges do go out as a couple and do the "married" thing like having friends over for dinner and going to friend's places for dinner and the stuff that married people do which usually (from experience) end up being quite boring as far as any media would be concerned.

This was different as it was William out alone and "stag" and reminiscent of partying "club" days. I wouldn't be surprised if there were possibly many more of occasions just like this one except that the media didn't get wind of it.

Sometimes even, being "over served" (I like that term) is a good thing. I'm still happy that William was able to just go and have a good time.

No, he was listening to what she had to say. The music was too load. The pics don't look good though.

I'm trying not to fault William, because I think the media as blown this up way too much for the papers. Although, William's friends really aren't the best people who cares about his image and well being that much. Theyre old friends, but they can be enablers.

I feel bad for William, but also Catherine too.
Personally, If I am trying to listen to what people say I simply lean in to them. I never put my hands on the individual's waist. I could understand their shoulders if you are friends and are very comfortable but not their waist!

Personally, If I am trying to listen to what people say I simply lean in to them. I never put my hands on the individual's waist. I could understand their shoulders if you are friends and are very comfortable but not their waist!

I think the Cambridges do go out as a couple and do the "married" thing like having friends over for dinner and going to friend's places for dinner and the stuff that married people do which usually (from experience) end up being quite boring as far as any media would be concerned.

This was different as it was William out alone and "stag" and reminiscent of partying "club" days. I wouldn't be surprised if there were possibly many more of occasions just like this one except that the media didn't get wind of it.

Sometimes even, being "over served" (I like that term) is a good thing. I'm still happy that William was able to just go and have a good time.

Oh, I'm sure they do those things too. I just think it would be good for them to get out on the town like they did in their dating days. Go out and double date with Harry and Meghan. Enjoy some so called dancing and some eating at a nice fine restaurant.

I can't pretend to know what was said, but I bet a lot of money that he and Catherine talked about those pictures and videos when he got back home. She can't miss it with the pics splashed all over the net and morning papers. The royals do listen and read what's being said about them. Some can say she laughed, and some can say she wasnt amused. Either way...they talked.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sure they do those things too. I just think it would be good for them to get out on the town like they did in their dating days. Go out and double date with Harry and Meghan. Enjoy some so called dancing and some eating at a nice fine restaurant.

How do we know they've not done this? Its possible that they've been out and about like this many times and it just happened that the people surrounding them had a modicum of respect for privacy and didn't go running to the media. :D

Maybe its a bit far fetched to think this way but its possible. Will and Kate were out and about on the town frequently when they lived in Wales and the people surrounding them respected their privacy.

It's not the trip, it's the way the press is casting aspersions on the trip.
They portray William as indifferent to his duties, and leaving his wife at home while he parties with Guy Pelly and a model.

It is a matter of perception. Next there will be rumors of the marriage breaking down.

You are correct. The way it looks means everything regarding the royal family. Yes, the press can be unfair, but the fact is that they are going to spin things and there will be people who believe it, even if it is not true. William should be smart enough by now to know what the press is going to do with something like this. He should know it is going to get out, what with cell phone videos. I don't understand why he would put himself in that position or why he would want to subject his wife to having to deal with speculation about him or their relationship.

The big kicker that really deviates from everything we've seen and followed with William is that he wasn't wearing a blue suit! :lol:

How do we know they've not done this? Its possible that they've been out and about like this many times and it just happened that the people surrounding them had a modicum of respect for privacy and didn't go running to the media. :D

Maybe its a bit far fetched to think this way but its possible. Will and Kate were out and about on the town frequently when they lived in Wales and the people surrounding them respected their privacy.

They may, I'm just saying I hope they are doing this. Courtship continues through marriage. It never ends.

You are correct. The way it looks means everything regarding the royal family. Yes, the press can be unfair, but the fact is that they are going to spin things and there will be people who believe it, even if it is not true. William should be smart enough by now to know what the press is going to do with something like this. He should know it is going to get out, what with cell phone videos. I don't understand why he would put himself in that position or why he would want to subject his wife to having to deal with speculation about him or their relationship.

Well...I'm sure he and his wife had a nice chat about those pics and videos. Also, some alcohol and friends will help you get into those positions too. It's not them that have to take the heat.

Last edited:
Prince William: How hard has he worked in 2017 so far? - BBC News

I think the media is pushing the wrong angle to this story. William has upped his workload as a senior royal. He's making the transition to only royal duties in the fall.

Perhaps the Palace could release a statement highlighting the fact he and Catherine weren't scheduled to attend the Commonwealth Service and his ski trip was planned ahead of time for that weekend.

Also, I think William should set the record straight about the pics. Royal Press Photojournalist, Niraj Tanna, seems to be indicating there could be more to come out on this story-
https://mobile.twitter.com/IkonPictures/status/842356795876245505

Last edited:
I thought that security usually asked for people's phones and cameras when a royal is socializing. Looks like at least one slipped through. I don't think that William should have put himself in that position to begin with, but that's just me.

I think the media is pushing the inevitable angle on this story- because it really did look quite bad. William is well aware that his role has both a lot of privilege and a lot of responsibility. He seems to chafe against those boundaries every few years and make a blunder. This was entirely avoidable.

If he wanted a lads weekend, which he's perfectly entitled to, he could have had it at any of the private homes available to him. If they wanted a ski holiday, perhaps they could have used Prince Andrew's chalet in Verbier- somewhere with more privacy.

William could have gone skiing and had drinks with his friends, but avoided the sloppy nightclub behavior that seems unbecoming of an adult man with a wife and two children. He had to have known he'd be photographed- he was in a public space- but he didn't seem to care, even about being photographed with attractive young women, which he had to know would cause speculation.

I really like the Cambridges and think he bungled this one. Many others who like them seem to feel the same way.

This is one of those stories when you actually get passed the headlines and just look at the facts, nothing much is going on.

The Cambridges have a full schedule of engagements the next two days, including a meeting with the President of France.

Life goes on.

Last edited:
I think the media is pushing the inevitable angle on this story- because it really did look quite bad. William is well aware that his role has both a lot of privilege and a lot of responsibility. He seems to chafe against those boundaries every few years and make a blunder. This was entirely avoidable.

If he wanted a lads weekend, which he's perfectly entitled to, he could have had it at any of the private homes available to him. If they wanted a ski holiday, perhaps they could have used Prince Andrew's chalet in Verbier- somewhere with more privacy.

William could have gone skiing and had drinks with his friends, but avoided the sloppy nightclub behavior that seems unbecoming of an adult man with a wife and two children. He had to have known he'd be photographed- he was in a public space- but he didn't seem to care, even about being photographed with attractive young women, which he had to know would cause speculation.

I really like the Cambridges and think he bungled this one. Many others who like them seem to feel the same way.

I agree, I think William really made a mistake here. I thought the press was making a mountain out of a mole hill on the guys ski trip, but the pics of him acting rather silly and putting his hand on the lady's hip was a little too much. He did throw caution to the wind and now it's biting him in the butt.

Unfortunately, I think things will look kinda awkward on the St. Patrick's Day parade and the two day trip to Paris. The media glare will be more intense, the media will mention the ski trip in their reporting and the folks online will analyze the crap out of William and Catherine's mood and looks.

This is one of those stories when you actually get passed the headlines and just look at the facts, nothing much is going on.

The Cambridges have a full schedule of engagements the next two days, including a meeting with the President of France.

Life goes on.

I hope there's really nothing more to come out about the ski trip.

I do feel bad for Catherine though. Having these pics and videos of her husband slapped in her and her family face, due to the internet and papers, can't be easy. Although, I think William didn't over step the line with the young lady, the optics of the pics and vids isn't good. Especially if there's more to come out. It puts her in a bad position too. People will now look to her to see if she's pissed or ignoring William's lack of judgement. She shouldn't have to go through this.

Last edited:

The Cambridges have a full schedule of engagements the next two days, including meeting with the President of France.

Life goes on.
The unfortunate thing is that now every photo of them, especially Catherine, will be scrutinized to see if she looks unhappy/angry/etc. because of these videos overshadowing the good work they hope to do by visiting France.
But, as with all things this will be old news in a month or so, only dredged up if William has another stag weekend captured on video.

Dman, there is nothing anyone can do about that. You always seem to be living in the past.

William is well aware that his role has both a lot of privilege and a lot of responsibility. He seems to chafe against those boundaries every few years and make a blunder. This was entirely avoidable.

If he wanted a lads weekend, which he's perfectly entitled to, he could have had it at any of the private homes available to him.

I really like the Cambridges and think he bungled this one.

I agree-shows poor judgment for a married man in a public role. He could have cut loose in a more private setting. As it is, his behaviour will ignite lots of unpleasant rumours.

Hopefully the official trip will be successful and the ski trip story will die down.

I'm disappointed with William right now though. Which is a shame, because I know William knows better than this. He's not stupid. I want that guy to be careful with his family life. He's got a great loving and supportive wife at home and two kids. Don't do anything to mess that up. The role of a family man isn't something to play with.

Dman, there is nothing anyone can do about that. You always seem to be living in the past.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

It's William and Catherine's marriage, why pretend you have any insight?

Okay, you're disappointed but so what?

If every guy who went out with friends and had a few beers and dad danced, divorced his wife, there would be no one married.

Months from now you'll be the only one droning on about it.

Last edited:
I can't pretend to know what was said, but I bet a lot of money that he and Catherine talked about those pictures and videos when he got back home. She can't miss it with the pics splashed all over the net and morning papers. The royals do listen and read what's being said about them. Some can say she laughed, and some can say she wasnt amused. Either way...they talked.

We have no idea what kind of relationship they have. I can easily imagine that William will consider all of this his business, besides, what is to talk about? He has not changed, there have been several similar events over the years of William drunk, partying, groping women, in or out of relationship with Kate. She will know how he is and that he won't change. I doubt he got a bollocking when he got home.

It's William and Catherine's marriage, why pretend you have any insight?

Okay, you're disappointed but so what?

If every guy who went out with friends and had a few beers and dad danced divorced his wife, there would be no one married.

Months from now you'll be the only one droning on about it.

First, I'm not pretending to have any insight, Rudolph. Common sense will tell you that they talked about those pics and videos. How can they escape it? It's in every paper on on the net. William has said they read what's said about them. Most likely he and Catherine discussed the trip.

I'm not saying his marriage is busting up. He's pretty much stirring up the speculations with his antics this past weekend. William has to take responsibility for this bad move. Not me!

I hope the whole story die and we all can move on. If there's more to come out, it's not going to be only me talking about it. The internet will melt down.

We have no idea what kind of relationship they have. I can easily imagine that William will consider all of this his business, besides, what is to talk about? He has not changed, there have been several similar events over the years of William drunk, partying, groping women, in or out of relationship with Kate. She will know how he is and that he won't change. I doubt he got a bollocking when he got home.

It's wrong to put his wife in this position though. I know some people only see Catherine as a nice, soft spoken person, but I don't think she's a pushover at all. I think she's a strong woman who won't put up with any antics from William. Im sure some talking was had between them.

Last edited:
Dman, mute my posts and I will do the same with you. I'm tired of circular discussions.

Dman, mute my posts and I will do the same with you. I'm tired of circular discussions.

Rudolph, I'm not going to do that to you and I hope you won't do that to me. It's okay for us to agree to disagree at times. I'm not going to be mean to you or anyone else on these forums. We're adults, not kids.

I'm sorry for any miss understanding or cause for you to not want to talk to me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom