Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the picture that Sophie does a lot of work with the special needs population. Would that be the correct assumption?
Most all of her charity work that I am aware of is charities dealing with the special needs population! She is a natural, nice to see a member of the BRF so dedicated to the cause...!

Iluvebertie said:
Ladies-in-Waiting are unpaid assistants who accompany the royal lady and end up with the bouquets etc. They also help with the correspondence e.g. if you get a letter from Sophie it might start with 'HRH The Countess of Wessex has asked me to write to you to thank you for your birthday wishes...' That will be signed then by a L-i-W.

Thank you, :D. I had thought they were "assistants" of some sort, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

You can just tell she is a caring person, and a loving Mummy!

They are lovely and I think she has always come across as a caring person, particularly toward children etc. It's lovely to see and obviously her personality.

Ladies-in-Waiting are unpaid assistants who accompany the royal lady and end up with the bouquets etc. They also help with the correspondence e.g. if you get a letter from Sophie it might start with 'HRH The Countess of Wessex has asked me to write to you to thank you for your birthday wishes...' That will be signed then by a L-i-W.

I found this in one royal artical :)
definition for :
Lady-in-waiting-usually of noble birth, act as personal assistant of the female royals

Most all of her charity work that I am aware of is charities dealing with the special needs population! She is a natural, nice to see a member of the BRF so dedicated to the cause...!

I couldn't agree more! She definitely appears to have the touch for the job.

I think a Private Secretary would be similar to a Chief of Staff for the President of the United States.

Thanks for these. I agree with RoseRoyal, Sophie's dress and smile are beautiful.

Here's a video of Sophie at the Brainwave chairty centre in Essex. The moment at the end is adorable. Sophie appears so at ease with children.

BBC News - Countess of Wessex visits Brainwave charity in Essex

Adorable! Tapped on the head, and she does not even blink! What a lady!

Thanks for these. I agree with RoseRoyal, Sophie's dress and smile are beautiful.

Here's a video of Sophie at the Brainwave chairty centre in Essex. The moment at the end is adorable. Sophie appears so at ease with children.

BBC News - Countess of Wessex visits Brainwave charity in Essex

She wore that dress at pre-wedding ceremony of Princess Victoria of Sweden
here is a picture of the dress
Prince Edward and Sophie Photos - Princess Victoria's Pre-Wedding Ceremony - Zimbio

And thanks Molly2101 for the video :flowers:

It's wonderful, The Countess is always so warm and looks very interested in all hers charity :) . I like that she talk to and listen to people's problems,and she is always with positive energy :) :rose:

I have had the exact thought Daria, I think Sophie would be a fabulous special ed teacher! Pity she cannot be... but good on her that she uses her role to help/ support the progress of special children, and their families. And she can highlight the work of special ed teachers, and disability charities which must be a help to them.

Are they going to represent the BRF at Albert and Charlene's wedding?

MagMil said:
Yes, The Earl and Countess of Wessex is going to represent the Queen and BRF at Prince Albert of Monaco Wedding :)

Oh I missed this announcement bummer cuz I was hoping might be PC and DoC not that Edward and Sophie aren't cool too :)

Oh I missed this announcement bummer cuz I was hoping might be PC and DoC not that Edward and Sophie aren't cool too :)

It would seem that the role of representing the Queen at foreign weddings has fallen to Edward and Sophie. I often thought it was because they were the next married couple in line; but now that William and Catherine aren't going, as they would be thenext married couple in line, I now think perhaps Edward and Sophie enjoy going...

why is James never seen in public events?

Due to Edward and Sophie choosing to keep him out of the public eye, like they have done with Lady Louise, up until now. And because James is onlt 3 1/2, he's still quite young. Edward and Sophie do not want their childre to be raised in the "lime-light", so to speak, which so far they have achieved. I am sure we'll see James as he grows older. He's a cute little boy though!

I am not sure I believe that...but if so, fair play to Sophie. She did look lovely at Epsom Derby and at the Royal Wedding. I think she's always looked good; it's a shame, if this is true, that she is feeling "affected" by Catherine's presence and small stature. If anything Sophie, you're much thinner and in better shape than your neice!

I think that is The Mail trying to stir up controversy. Sophie may well want to get in shape but it probably has nothing to do with Kate. It seems there are always these "close friends" who make statements like that .... more likely someone at the Mail standing around the coffee or teapot.

I think that is The Mail trying to stir up controversy. Sophie may well want to get in shape but it probably has nothing to do with Kate. It seems there are always these "close friends" who make statements like that .... more likely someone at the Mail standing around the coffee or teapot.

Exactly. True friends know not to say anything.

Andrew Gorman was the photographer at the Royal Bath and West Show 2011 and he has updated his website with several images of the Countess of Wessex over the few days.

Here
He also provided a link to a gallery with MANY images of the show, including a large number of Sophie. Gallery.

I like the red jacket and white dress ensemble.

Last edited:
Thanks iceflower for these links. The final 3 images of Edward make him look kinda handsome. Is it odd of me to say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom