The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Very well said, my 4 years old grandson was born with a severe heart defect, that has been corrected with two heart surgeries, but a result of the heart defect there was no muscle in his left eye lid, I guess this is common in his kind of heart defect, but he had one surgery last year but got a MRSA infection, so the eye surgery did not take. He is attending pre-school now and some of the kids make fun of him. My son was very upset, but I told him to get him into activities that he will make his own friends, so when he is in school, he will have some friends who will stick by him and not judge him on looks. I really hope that the media is above any kind of remark about Lady Louise, just accept her for the beautiful little girl she is, not her birth position or her physical difference. I have only seen a few pictures of her, but from what I can see, she is a beautiful little girl, looks a lot like her Aunt and Grandmother. I do think it is time she is exposed a little more to the public since she will be followed as she gets older. Not as much as her older cousins but at least some, look at Zara and Peter, people are just curious.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Exactly guys! There is no reason why Louise cannot handle the wedding, and I agree that it will likely bring more understanding and awareness of her issue. She does not need to be hidden away at all.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

have a little question, photos official when james wessex born never was published?????? I remenber the photos when lady louise born taken for prince andrew, but the james I never see
Old 03-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielah-di View Post
have a little question, photos official when james wessex born never was published?????? I remenber the photos when lady louise born taken for prince andrew, but the james I never see

There were two pictures published when he was Christened and that was all. With Louise I think there were also only a couple issued when she was Baptised.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There were two pictures published when he was Christened and that was all. With Louise I think there were also only a couple issued when she was Baptised.
There were a few released of Louise when she about 2 months old - a couple of pictures of her with her parents and one with all of them and the Queen. Prince Andrew took the pictures, I think when they were at Sandringham that Christmas.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peter and Zara were the Queen's first two grandchildren. Louise will spend most of her life as the monarch's neice or cousin. Soon there will be children much closer to the throne than Louise and so she won't be followed. She will be more like Princess Margaret's children - able to have a normal life on the fringes of the royal family. By allowing her to grow up without that attention she will have an even greater chance of getting a real job and living a normal life away from the public glare - as Peter does now. Zara doesn't because of her equestrian career but when she gives that away she won't be in the public eye much as she will need to work at something else.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
ok, I see only one picture from janes's christening.
the photos of louise I remember
Old 03-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielah-di View Post
ok, I see only one picture from janes's christening.
the photos of louise I remember
One photo,

Second photo,
Old 03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
Never seen these - thanks! Louise is so cute !!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've never seen them before either. I'm guessing that's Louise in the second one and James in the first?

I do know that James was the first Royal baby to be christened in the new Christening Gown. The original was becoming so fragile a new one was needed. I understand it's an exact replcia though.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Guys, we have christening threads for both Lady Louise and Viscount Severn.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I've never seen them before either. I'm guessing that's Louise in the second one and James in the first?

That's correct

Here's another article about the event Sophie attended last week:

** Countess opens Wirral's new Women and Children's Hospital **

Today, March 8, the Countess of Wessex as patron offically opened Surrey
Community Development Trust's new accommodation in Staines, Middlesex.

** Countess of Wessex opens Staines housing project **

** Countess of Wessex visits Staines **
Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting Pentrehafod School. Swansea, Wales, Britain.
March 09, 2011

sophie-countess-of-wessex-visiting-pentrehafod-school-swansea-wales-britain-763809 - Videos en Foto's, pers en stockbeelden | Isopix.be | Vidéos et Photos de presse et banque d'images
Old 03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Nobility

The Earl of Wessex was appointed GCVO today on the occasion of his 47th birthday.
The Duke of York had the honour in February.
Both brothers are KG as well. I really wonder when they will wear their accessoires of the Grand Cross as the KG is of higher ranking. I think on uniforms and so, they are likely to wear the Garter.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Sophie visits Bruce Oldfield...
According to the Sunday Express, the bride-to-be's younger sister and maid of honor Pippa, her mother Carole and the Countess of Wessex were all seen leaving the store recently.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress Mystery
Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Such a pretty navy suit! One thing I like about Sophie is that she wears things that any woman could wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting Pentrehafod School. Swansea, Wales, Britain.
March 09, 2011
Old 03-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Sophie visits Bruce Oldfield...
According to the Sunday Express, the bride-to-be's younger sister and maid of honor Pippa, her mother Carole and the Countess of Wessex were all seen leaving the store recently.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress Mystery
Maybe he's dressing the bridal party but not the bride?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post
Maybe he's dressing the bridal party but not the bride?

That was my first thought too...
Old 03-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Heir Apparent

There is just not enough coverage of Sophie it really annoys me. She is really terrific IMO and though I enough all the posts the photos are really not that great and well I do get a little disappointed in it.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
There is just not enough coverage of Sophie it really annoys me. She is really terrific IMO and though I enough all the posts the photos are really not that great and well I do get a little disappointed in it.
I agree I would love to see more coverage of Sophie. She is a real asset to the BRF.

Closed Thread