Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one reason that I do not envy those who are in the public eye. A few chance photographs can be spun in any direction . There isn't a video to accompany this story that would clearly show what was happening in that moment.

Everything that is related to the royal family sells like hell these days. Mugs with their faces on, coins, T-shirts with the Queen, T-shirts with the Queen's corgis, Diana's autographs, Diana's interviews, movies etc. etc. So what have we got here? Photos of the Queen's favourite daughter-in-law talking to her protection officer on the street and is there some tension in the air? How can we fix this a bit? People love drama!! etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Not to mention I'm willing to bet there are some in the Palace who feel it's a bad thing to show any member of the Royal Family having any kind of "Defect" and have either said such thing to the Wessexs or have ensured such "whisperings" have gotten to them in some manner.

If I was Sophie right now, I'd be a bit stressed too.
And you really think a loving, caring, grandmother, like the Queen would allow her staff to " whisper" about her grandchild?

And you really think a loving, caring, grandmother, like the Queen would allow her staff to " whisper" about her grandchild?

Who said HM hears about it? You're also underestitmating how cruel certain people can be when they want to be.

I have a certain Blood Relative that still goes on about what a shame it is that my Cousin's Wedding Pictures aren't as lovely as they could be because of my yellow skin colour due to Kidney Failure. Oh and what a shame my Bridesmaid bouquet couldn't have covered my Dialysis access in my right arm or the needle marks Dialysis left to completely to hide them.

And this Wedding took place in 1992 BTW *and* she says it to my face whenever she gets a chance. Which proves just how stupid she truly is, but also how cruel a person this critter creature is as well.

If you don't think Edward and Sophie aren't getting some form of this about Louise being a member of Catherine's Wedding Party, then think again!! It may be 2011, but never underestimate how cruel certain members of the Human Race can be.

I was pretty shocked by the article. I don't follow her closely, but I have always gotten the impression she is very pleasant. The DM said she has a reputation for this, though? Is that true? I have to say, whatever the reason, it is a very public place to berate him, and with the royal interest high because of the wedding, lacking in prudence. Then again, I don't always pick the most prudent places to lose my temper either.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tiggersk8! I believe you should put her down at last, nobody should be allowed to behave so cruel!! :nonono: I know that people from the Royal Household gossip a lot behind the royals' back. I also recall reading that certain members of the staff used to call Sarah Ferguson names in front of her face, when no significant person was around, when she was newly married, young and naive and unable to respond.;)

I was pretty shocked by the article. I don't follow her closely, but I have always gotten the impression she is very pleasant. The DM said she has a reputation for this, though? Is that true? I have to say, whatever the reason, it is a very public place to berate him, and with the royal interest high because of the wedding, lacking in prudence. Then again, I don't always pick the most prudent places to lose my temper either.

We don't know if this was a real outburst. I would believe it, only if I saw a video or if Sophie's words were recorded on a tape or something.;)

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tiggersk8! I believe you should put her down at last, nobody should be allowed to behave so cruel!! :nonono: I know that people from the Royal Household gossip a lot behind the royals' back. I also recall reading that certain members of the staff used to call Sarah Ferguson names in front of her face, when no significant person was around, when she was newly married, young and naive and unable to respond.;)

Am I seeing this properly, are you saying that Sarah Ferguson was young and naive when she married Andrew? She had already lived with an older man and she had mixed with the royal family since almost the day she was born.
I am sorry but I just can't believe that any member of the staff would ever call the wife of the Queen's favourite son names to her face. Sophie in the photo seemed to have acted badly, perhaps she did, we don't know the facts and all I can hope is that she is never caught by a photographer in a compromising situation again. I like Sophie and from what we can read so does the Queen.

Say what you want, Wisteria. But read my posts more carefully next time.;) I didn't say Sarah was a Saint or a virgin when she married Prince Andrew (don't know whether she was or not, I don't care and this isn't the case here), I said she was too naive and young to respond to such nasty remarks. Well Sarah is a nice person anyway, I don't think she would ever reply to anyone, no matter how uncouth and malicious they could be. The incident I mentioned is true. She was leaving BP when that happened, walking down some stairs alone, if I remember correctly, and got attacked by a couple members of the then staff.

If Sophie and Edward were so worried about negative press reports, they would not let Lady Louise take part. If Catherine did not want Loise in her bridal party, she would not have asked.

@ tiggersk8- I know how cruel the world can be. I have Cerebral Palsy, and cannot walk. Because of this I was bullied in high school.
I was in a family wedding bridal party once. My family was hugely supportive. I cannot imagine the hurt you went thru. my family would never do that to me. I am lucky. I wish you had had the same.

Based on the photos, it doesn't look like Sophie is having a tantrum or an outburst at all, nor does the bodyguard look mortified. Judging from facial expressions and body language (in photo form only, of course) seems she's explaining something to him and he is simply listening. I think the DM is trying to make an issue when there is none. Unless there is a video (w/ audio) of the incident, I think interpretation to what is going on is limited.

What gets me is that so many people don't think that Sophie and Edward have had the best medical advice regarding Louise's eye condition.

Many people here and elsewhere accuse them of being uncaring parents because they haven't had the eye fixed but we also don't know what other problems Louise may have due to the problems of her birth.

I am sure that they have had the best medical advice possible on what to do and when to do it and that they love and care for their daughter a great deal.

I would have to agree with you about the fact that most likely, people DO indeed gossip about Lady Louise's condition,

What condition? Her eye issue? I can't imagine people bothering to remark about that. Esp. concerning a little girl. I think it's wondeful she will be a part of the bridal party. I'm looking forward to seeing her too.

I know.. the criticism about that issue bothers me as well!

I don't know what has happened here and what has happened before to make the Duchess of Wessex over wrought. Can you imagine what it must be like in her house at the moment, two young children, one of them about to be part of an enormous media event. Lady Louise is 7 years old and she would be so excited, and what parent could deny her participating in this event, because she has issues with her eyes. I know they have shielded their children from the press and no doubt they are frightened of what will be said, let alone what she might do. But I think Lady Louise will have wonderful day and be beautiful flowergirl.

There would be very few mothers who haven't fretted because there child is not the prettiest, or the smartest or read the best etc.

It just occurred to me how cruel dressmakers and fitters can be, a comment like "she is a little tubby" or "hope her hair sits better on the day" can be enough to set an over wrought mother into feral mood. I am sure she will be all smiles and look wonderful on Friday

What gets me is that so many people don't think that Sophie and Edward have had the best medical advice regarding Louise's eye condition.

Many people here and elsewhere accuse them of being uncaring parents because they haven't had the eye fixed but we also don't know what other problems Louise may have due to the problems of her birth.

I am sure that they have had the best medical advice possible on what to do and when to do it and that they love and care for their daughter a great deal.

I'm sure they have had excellent medical advice; still, sometimes the RF hesitates to utilize what might be considered cosmetic procedures.

For example, Prince Charles has ears that stick out, but his parents did not get them pinned back, a relatively simple process. (But Viscount Linley did have the surgery).

Who said HM hears about it? You're also underestitmating how cruel certain people can be when they want to be.

I have a certain Blood Relative that still goes on about what a shame it is that my Cousin's Wedding Pictures aren't as lovely as they could be because of my yellow skin colour due to Kidney Failure. Oh and what a shame my Bridesmaid bouquet couldn't have covered my Dialysis access in my right arm or the needle marks Dialysis left to completely to hide them.

And this Wedding took place in 1992 BTW *and* she says it to my face whenever she gets a chance. Which proves just how stupid she truly is, but also how cruel a person this critter creature is as well.

If you are ever in that relation's presence again, which I hope will not have to happen, and she makes a cruel remark, I hope you respond with simply informing her, "that is a cruel/nasty remark".
Some people need to be hit over the head.

Also, the pix do not look to my like Sophie is berating her employee, looks like she is relating how upset she is to him. which she should have done IN PRIVATE.

bodyguard must learn that she is royal and he is footman. i read other royal forum and morons there were so shocked!:eek: i do not understand why. as bodyguard his job is to get shot if someone wants to assassinate countess of wessex. maybe his job is too much for him because he looks like little dog only because a woman is a bit hysterical. does not look like real man but like alittle dog. this is my opinion.:flowers:

It's in a box down underneath the first picture.

As a participant in the wedding party of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton, a precious and beautiful 7 year-old HRH Lady (legally,Princess) Louise Wessex will only add to the glow and gracefulness of the wedding of the century. Even the mention of HRH Louise's eye condition, for any reason what-so-ever, is irrelevant, for any reason what-so-ever.
Critiquing by the media and 'commoners' alike, HRH Louise's appearance is probably the reason her parents keep her out of the limelight! I hope shame is cast upon on all who dare critique a little girl. You guys obviously nothing better to do! A child with a complex, develops into an adult with scars that run very deep.

Royal wedding: the Order of Service in full - Telegraph

In this Order of Service for tomorrow I notice that they have Louise's name as The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Now I know that that is her surname but it is nice to see it being used officially occasionally.

THE PROCESSION OF THE BRIDE
Mr Michael Middleton, THE BRIDE
Miss Eliza Lopes, Miss Philippa Middleton, Miss Grace van Cutsem
The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, The Honourable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Master Tom Pettifer, Master William Lowther-Pinkerton

wbenson said:
Sophie breaks a rib in fall

The Countess of Wessex is determined to attend the wedding despite being involved in a ‘nasty’ riding accident.

Huh? When I click this- an article on the Duchess of Kent comes up

As a participant in the wedding party of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton, a precious and beautiful 7 year-old HRH Lady (legally,Princess) Louise Wessex will only add to the glow and gracefulness of the wedding of the century. Even the mention of HRH Louise's eye condition, for any reason what-so-ever, is irrelevant, for any reason what-so-ever.
Critiquing by the media and 'commoners' alike, HRH Louise's appearance is probably the reason her parents keep her out of the limelight! I hope shame is cast upon on all who dare critique a little girl. You guys obviously nothing better to do! A child with a complex, develops into an adult with scars that run very deep.
You are absolutely right. Lady Louise is a perfectly normal child and the fascination of some to treat her as anything else is troublesome.

I loved the contrast in the photos of the bridesmaids arriving for the rehearsal--Lady Louise dressed very much as the Queen would have been at the same age and Margarita Armstrong-Jones VERY modern in short skirt, etc. Two beautiful girls. While I would imagine Louise's little brother will not attend the ceremony, I do hope we see some of the "little" royals in the official photos--Viscount Severn, Lord Culloden & Lady Cosmia and Nicholas Windsor's adorable boys. When Anne married, Lord Nicholas was in a few of the huge group photos, but taken out for some.

concerning the rib break OMG!
well its written in the blue box on the right ;)

and btw: where are the rehearsal pics, please:)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom