Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 2: September 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see her so obviously appreciated by the Queen
She really radiates

Since he never worked for the BRF directly, they don't have any confidentiality agreements to hold over him. Anyway, since he was a victim of the sting, I think he is entitled to tell his side of the incident. I wonder why neither Murray Harkin or Sophie sued the News of the World for the malicious incident. It could hardly be called news to have an opinion on public figures, dead or alive.

Thanks a lot for the link with the wonderful new pic of Sophie,
sweetpeaheidi. It's great that she already felt ready to join
the Queen and she looks so happy and full of energy, no
wonder that everybody asked her for news about little James :)

thanks for the article claire!
bu can anybody tell me what this sentece means? "At the height of the fake sheik scandal, Harkin turned down £200,000 to spill the beans on Sophie, believing it would be "quite wrong"."
does he say he won t write about it? ;) i don t understand the beans thing^^
thank you

"Spill the beans" is a phrase meaning talking/giving interviews. So basically, Mr. Harkin was offered money to give his side of the sting back when it happened. At the time, whether due to conscience or loyalty, he turned down the offer. Guess after a few years, he changed his mind. I'm just not sure there is the same amount of interest for his side now.

oh thanks incas :D i just found part of the phrase in a dictionnary but still hadn t understood it completely ;) but now i do. thanks a lot

I have a question...when Edward becomes the Duke of Edinburgh (assuming he does in due course), will Louise & James' titles change? For example, there might be a higher title involved for the son instead of Viscount Severn.

I have a question...when Edward becomes the Duke of Edinburgh (assuming he does in due course), will Louise & James' titles change? For example, there might be a higher title involved for the son instead of Viscount Severn.

Earl of Wessex?

I have a link that talks about how the title will go from the current Duke of Edinburgh to Edward. It doesn't talk about Edwards children but I found it very intersting anyway.
here is the link:
Duke of Edinburgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know it's wikipedia and sometimes the entires aren't correct or current but I found it interesting anyway.
If the info is wrong I'm sure someone can let us know.

Technically, Louise and James are HRH Prince/Princess of the UK, which takes precedence over any courtesy titles they hold as the children of a Peer. Assuming there is no change to the 1917 Letters Patent when Charles becomes King (as some have speculated), they would have the right to assume their proper styles in the future.

As minors, they are being styled as the children of an Earl at the request of Edward and Sophie. When Edward is created Duke of Edinburgh, it will likely be added to his existing peerages (1st Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn).

At that point, his eldest son would be styled "James, Earl of Wessex". Louise would remain "Lady Louise Windsor" as the daughter of a Duke.

Thanks for your replies. Does anyone know if the subsidiary titles of Earl of Merioneth & Baron Greenwich pass along with the Duke of Edinburgh title? They seem to go as a set as far as I can tell. What's the point of having the lower titles -- for your son to get? It's interesting to me that so many titles have more than one rank involved. Any further input would be appreciated.

Thanks for your replies. Does anyone know if the subsidiary titles of Earl of Merioneth & Baron Greenwich pass along with the Duke of Edinburgh title? They seem to go as a set as far as I can tell. What's the point of having the lower titles -- for your son to get? It's interesting to me that so many titles have more than one rank involved. Any further input would be appreciated.

The subsidiary titles will pass intact to Charles after his father dies. If he is not yet King, then he will add his father's titles to his existing ones. If he is King, the titles merge with the Crown (The Sovereign cannot be a Peer) and become available to be re-created again.

I doubt the earldom and baronency will be re-created for Edward since he is already Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn.

Since the title will merge with the crown after going to Charles first before he becomes king I hope that when the time comes that Charles as king doesn't give edward a hard time about re-creating the title for him as promised at the time of his marriage?
Since the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, their parents won't be alive when this happens Charles can basically do what he wants with the title. Given the bad blood between the 2 brothers I would hope Charles will still do as his parents and Queen wished

Prince Edward's baby son taken to hospital with mystery illness - Times Online

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie rushed their five-week-old son to hospital yesterday after he developed an illness.

The Countess, 42, was seen going into Great Ormond Street Hospital in London through a rear entrance in the afternoon accompanied by police bodyguards.

The couple's son, James, is undergoing tests to identify the problem while his mother stayed by his side overnight awaiting the results.

Last edited:
Hope all is well and goes well and that it is nothing serious.

Stellad

Love and prayers to the Wessexes

They took him to the best place possible - although that's a haul from Bagshot Park. Perhaps they were advised to take him there by the paediatrician, or they were already in London.

I do hope all is well and that it's not serious. They will be in my prayers also.:angel::flowers:

Night-night, sweet baby James...hang in there, little man.

(now - off to work....)

Last edited:
Wishing James the best and a speedy recovery.

I hope that everything is going to be ok. They seem to have such a bad time with both of their children. I was really happy that everything went well with James. Now this! I wish they all well and hope he gets to come home soon!!!

Maybe he just has what many other children of his age develop like a cold, a bad cough etc

It's just been announced that the Earl and Countess of Wessex's son, Viscount James Severn, remains in Great Ormond St. Hospital tonight. According to royal officials, the Queen's grandson is being treated after suffering "a minor allergic reaction".

I strongly suspect that Edward has two allergies (or sensitivity) to soap and perfume.

Pics 25.1.2008

As poor little James was in hospital, the press was
interested in what Edward was doing,

"Wessex baby in hospital
Prince Edward the Earl of Wessex talking to pupils at
south Bromsgrove County High School Worcestershire"
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

little James

I hope he will be ok. It's sounds like he will be just fine.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back