Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 1h
Sophie, Countess of Wessex will be representing Her Majesty when she goes to watch new officers passing out at Sandhurst on Friday.

The way this is worded, it seems like the officers are going to 'faint' at Sandhurst on Friday.

It (passing out) is the usual way to refer to the graduation parade at Sandhurst.

LOL!! Well...It wouldn't be the 1st time it happened. :)

I hope we see some photos of the Wessex's in Balmoral attending church.
When they will attend church service? I read that today Queen arrived to Balmoral, as she was staying elsewhere for the last 2 weeks.
Updated, finally, BUAS galleries:
http://www.robgrayphotographer.co.uk/p539286400
http://www.robgrayphotographer.co.uk/p729692530
Today Princess Beatrice is having her birthday party, hope we get a glimpse of Wessex'es... If of course there will be any pics.

Never seen any pictures of Beatrice home parties except her 18th at Windsor and then we saw no royal family members.

We did see at least two other royal family members - her father and sister - but most of the others didn't attend as her mother was there and I expect the same this time - probably very few of the other royals, if any, will attend due to Sarah attending. Sad but true - if Sarah is there the other royals aren't. Harry seems to be the exception.

We did see at least two other royal family members - her father and sister - but most of the others didn't attend as her mother was there and I expect the same this time - probably very few of the other royals, if any, will attend due to Sarah attending. Sad but true - if Sarah is there the other royals aren't. Harry seems to be the exception.
Thanks for response. I agree, it's really sad.

Edward and Sophie attended Bea's 18th birthday. Of course we cannot take what the DM as verbatim, but it was reported they attended but we saw no photos of any of them attending.

Anne, the Princess Royal, had tried to ease her mother's diplomatic difficulty by telling Andrew that she would "look in" despite having travelled back from a trip to Australia yesterday.
Her own children, Peter and Zara Phillips, did, however, make it along with Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex, whose diaries have more gaps than other Royals. Yet, despite Edward's love of anything theatrical, even he was said to show some trepidation before the party, fearing a teenage bunfight.
Buckingham Palace confirmed that the Queen would not be attending her granddaughter's 18th and said it had never been her intention to do so.

Read more: Inside Beatrice's £400,000 birthday bash | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sophie attended William's 21st birthday as there are photos of her arriving in fancy dress as well.

It's unlikely they would attend her birthday now, but they of course will send her a birthday present/card I imagine.

Thanks for the image links, Anna. Hope we see some lovely photos of Sophie representing the Queen tomorrow at the Sovereign's Parade.

Last edited:
I think The Queen stay with friends or family before she goes to Balmoral.

Hope we see some lovely photos of Sophie representing the Queen tomorrow at the Sovereign's Parade.
Me too, Mark Cuthbert is there, as other reporters http://instagram.com/p/cygPQiuBYu/#), I hope it will be a good coverage, especially that she represents the Queen.
Instagram
http://instagram.com/p/cyfiNsuBYO/#

Btw, managed to ID Countess earrings from Border Union Show (first day), as Zozo heart earrings from Patrick Mavros.
ZoZo Heart Earrings | Patrick Mavros
(http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...93579.132426196846254&type=1&relevant_count=1)

Last edited:
Me too, Mark Cuthbert is there, as other reporters Instagram), I hope it will be a good coverage, especially that she represents the Queen.
Instagram
Instagram

Btw, managed to ID Countess earrings from Border Union Show (first day), as Zozo heart earrings from Patrick Mavros.
ZoZo Heart Earrings | Patrick Mavros
(http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...93579.132426196846254&type=1&relevant_count=1)

:previous:
Thanks Anna :flowers:
Nice to see Sophie again these summer :) Sophie looks magnificent :rose:
A really hope that we can see more pictures and videos of these event.

Wow - Sophie is owning it! This is how a real woman wears a seriously serious yet sexy suit. I love the crisp slightly open neck and that stiff collar. And that hat is wonderful.

My first thought was that she looks positively rakish - and we don't use that word for women. But she does have some attitude today and it looks good!

The color is blergh, but you don't notice it because the whole look is so well executed. :flowers:

Last edited:
Sophie looks beautiful and I have always loved her Royal wedding ensemble, and the detail that Mark has zoomed in is beautiful. I agree AdmirerUS, Mark is DEFINITELY working for Anna!

Sophie looks so elegant. Awesome photos.

I also love that the British Monarchy has Instagram as I loved the little snippets they put up, especially if they are behind the scenes images.

Yes, it's an honor to take the salute at this event. I think the Queen Mother, Princess of Wales and Princess Royal have taken this salute in the past. Sophie did a great job.

She looks just amazing lovely artiocle and yes agree great photos.

What a wonderful speech and I like that it was put on the website.
I agree, it has Sophie's spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if she would wrote it all by herself...
" I know that only a matter of days ago you were undergoing your final exercise and therefore you have only had a short time to practice and prepare for this important parade, which makes what you have done today and how you have turned out all the more impressive. I actually had cause to think of you all as I believe some of the other cadets on parade today were also on exercise near to here and as we happened to chose the same night to camp out in the garden with the children only a mere few miles from here we managed shared and enjoyed each and every explosion as much as you did!...
You have had to overcome combined pressures of working in an alien culture, in many cases in a foreign language, as well as our British weather. I commend you...." :)

Last edited:
I agree, it has Sophie's spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if she would wrote it all by herself...
" I know that only a matter of days ago you were undergoing your final exercise and therefore you have only had a short time to practice and prepare for this important parade, which makes what you have done today and how you have turned out all the more impressive. I actually had cause to think of you all as I believe some of the other cadets on parade today were also on exercise near to here and as we happened to chose the same night to camp out in the garden with the children only a mere few miles from here we managed shared and enjoyed each and every explosion as much as you did!...
You have had to overcome combined pressures of working in an alien culture, in many cases in a foreign language, as well as our British weather. I commend you...." :)

Shows two things:

lack of knowledge of military training - they started training for that parade the day the entered their training as marching is one of the first skills they learn and they learn all those skills very early - two to three days to perfect that parade is plenty after all the time they have spent doing parades.

whoever wrote it should be shot for writing so poorly - if that was written by one of my students I would be writing - use SENTENCES to break up your long-winded thoughts - poor construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom