The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Prince William supports Royal Marsden campaign
Video:
https://www.royalmarsden.org/ten10/prince-william

“I am extremely proud to be President of The Royal Marsden, an incredible hospital and a world-class cancer centre. Please help them continue their amazing work as a centre of innovation and help make a difference for people with cancer everywhere.”

Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Courtier

Prince William in £100m cancer appeal: The Duke of Cambridge launches hospital bid with video plea - Mirror Online

Prince William’s £100m plea in cancer war | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William should go to Afghanistan, says majority of Britons | Royal | | Daily Express

Results of a survey on whether William should be allowed into Afghanistan.

Interesting results but he won't be allowed to go and I think HMQ and Charles will rue that Harry even raised it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Elisa Roche@Elisa_Roche
Lovely letter from Prince Wills to nominees at 2night's @BAFTA s thanking them for "so many memorable film moments in 2012" signed 'William'
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Gentry

Prince William to present shamrocks to the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day?

Prince William to follow in Kate's footsteps at parade - News - gethampshire
Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisianna View Post
Prince William to present shamrocks to the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day?

Prince William to follow in Kate's footsteps at parade - News - gethampshire
I think both Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend this year
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Caitlin @KateWillWatch
RT @sabah_RK PRINCE WILLIAM IS COMING O MY COUSINS SCHOOL!!!

We'll have to wait to get more details
Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions

Flight Lt Wales flew into action in his RAF Sea King helicopter after the pair, in their 40s and 50s, were reported missing by a worried friend

Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions - Mirror Online
Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Apparently, two members of the public have spotted Prince William on a flight to Zurich.

Two tweets from today:
“@Judefry: I’m not usually starstruck but Prince William was on my plane to Zurich and he is definitely quite cute in real life”

“@alicesparks95:Can’t believe Prince William was on my Mums plane today lol”

I found it at the following website (scroll down), which also states that William is attending a friend's wedding.

William and Catherine - Page 1 of 1924
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I miss seeing William and Kate together. I hope they do a joint engagement soon.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions

Flight Lt Wales flew into action in his RAF Sea King helicopter after the pair, in their 40s and 50s, were reported missing by a worried friend

Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions - Mirror Online
Wow!! I have a cousin in the RCAF who is a Sea King pilot and told us once that conditions like that are the ones she and all of them hope and pray they never end up being called out for. Simply due to just how high risk the conditions make the mission, because the winds can change direction at the drop of a hat and if you don't keep your head and let the training kick in, you can get into very real trouble really fast.

For all those who think William's just "playing and hiding up in Wales", need to read this and then think awfully hard before they say that again. Sadly, I also know the odds of that are nil, but worth the try.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Majesty

It is a risky job that the SAR do. Catherine expressed in Canada that she worry about William on the job.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Courtier

Imagine if he got his wish and went to Afghanistan!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Majesty

Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Nobility

^I don't know when he has time to do all these things, but he gets it done! Here at some articles about William's video message calling for countries to pledge to end the ivory trade and the last article is about the impact it had particularly in Thailand. Good for The Duke of Cambridge!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mobi...?utm_hp_ref=uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ory-trade.html

http://m.scienceworldreport.com/arti...lped-cites.htm
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
^I don't know when he has time to do all these things, but he gets it done!
No offence meant but whilst I know William has a real job, and he works so many long shifts, I'm pretty sure if he's got enough spare time to pop over to a friends wedding he can take 5 minutes out of his day to make a little video. I imagine they were done weeks ago, due to the setting.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Nobility

I very much dough, that doing a 'little Videomessage' is done in 5min. I can assure you that much from my professional background as a PR-Consultant. Even if he is not involved in the production and 'only' does the speaking part, he will have to work the speech through several times, and doing the vid several times over I guess. No way to do it in under 3hours, very possible more.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
No offence meant but whilst I know William has a real job, and he works so many long shifts, I'm pretty sure if he's got enough spare time to pop over to a friends wedding he can take 5 minutes out of his day to make a little video. I imagine they were done weeks ago, due to the setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
I very much dough, that doing a 'little Videomessage' is done in 5min. I can assure you that much from my professional background as a PR-Consultant. Even if he is not involved in the production and 'only' does the speaking part, he will have to work the speech through several times, and doing the vid several times over I guess. No way to do it in under 3hours, very possible more.
IMO, if it is an issue he cares deeply about, he would have had some input into the content and form of the message as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Most of the work on the speech can be done at home, when he has free time. He doesn't work 24/7 I suppose. Making the video may require the said 3 hours at least which means he probably did it in a day free of RAF work and still had many hours in that day to work on other things. With a bit of organization, he can do all. It's not surprising at all.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Most of the work on the speech can be done at home, when he has free time. He doesn't work 24/7 I suppose. Making the video may require the said 3 hours at least which means he probably did it in a day free of RAF work and still had many hours in that day to work on other things. With a bit of organization, he can do all. It's not surprising at all.
I didn't mean to say its surprising per se, but I'm proud of him for working a full-time job and still trying to perform his duties as a royal. He basically has two jobs. There are a lot of jours that go in to being a patron and royal. My father has always had two jobs(he's a workaholic) and even though his job as a firefighter is shift work, it's not so simple as to she on his off-time he has all the one in the work. Plus, you add William needing to travel and its pretty admirable. I don't want to down play that. He deserves to be applauded just like Harry or my father or anyone else.