The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe I amissing something. Harry nor Meghan promoted her friend's spa treatment. This post has been up for weeks and all she does is post inspirational quotes (like Meghan used to do).

I don't care for The Class and can see the issue of them being included but the over the top way they wrote about it makes me whatever about it. It just told me what the real issue was and it wasn't the fact they linked her to the OG page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Well, it seems the DM is walking back on at least one of it's recent articles. However, the damage was already done, since we also had a back and forth sniping debate on this topic here also. This is why any news about Harry and Meghan that does not come from BP or SussexRoyal I take with a huge pile of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrections.html
They lied? Is anyone shocked. I have really lost count how many of these retractions they have written about the Sussex in the last year. It is pathetic really how they go on for days with their lies on the cover page and then write a teeny tiny note in the back page saying "Oops my bad"

Old 05-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just want to wish The Duchess of Sussex a very Happy 1st Mother's Day! May she enjoy it with her new baby and her family. May she also heap praises upon her own mother, Ms. Doria Ragland.

For anyone else in the thread who is interested, Happy Mother's Day to you also.

Peace
Yes, very much so. Happy mother’s day To Meghan and the other mothers in this thread. While little Archie missed the U.K. Mother’s Day, he made it just in time for the US Mother’s Day.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Maybe I amissing something. Harry nor Meghan promoted her friend's spa treatment. This post has been up for weeks and all she does is post inspirational quotes (like Meghan used to do).
Maybe I don't have things straight in my caffeine deprived head today but all this outrage is because there is a commercial (for profit) business that is seemingly being promoted by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in relation to their mental health campaign? Did I get that part right? A royal should *never* ever promote a commercial business or product or service. Right? Another point being that the owner of The Class is also a friend of Meghan's? Right? OK, if I have this all straight, would someone please steer me to understanding why its no problem for other royal incentives to have commercial backing and sponsorship which also gives for free advertising to stick in a person's mind.

Two examples I can think of is Harry's Invictus Games which strongly partners with Jaguar Land Rover. Even closer to the mental health incentive of Heads Together is the sponsorship of this incentive for the Virgin Money Race of 2014. We know the Bransons do have a friendly relationship with some of the royal family members. (Branson has sold his Virgin Money).

Am I missing something here?
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Maybe I don't have things straight in my caffeine deprived head today but all this outrage is because there is a commercial (for profit) business that is seemingly being promoted by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in relation to their mental health campaign? Did I get that part right? A royal should *never* ever promote a commercial business or product or service. Right? Another point being that the owner of The Class is also a friend of Meghan's? Right? OK, if I have this all straight, would someone please steer me to understanding why its no problem for other royal incentives to have commercial backing and sponsorship which also gives for free advertising to stick in a person's mind.

Two examples I can think of is Harry's Invictus Games which strongly partners with Jaguar Land Rover. Even closer to the mental health incentive of Heads Together is the sponsorship of this incentive for the Virgin Money Race of 2014. We know the Bransons do have a friendly relationship with some of the royal family members. (Branson has sold his Virgin Money).

I just read the post on the SussexRoyal insta page and it says this:

Quote:
May is Mental Health Awareness Month in the US and May 13-19 is Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK.

To pay tribute to all of the incredible work people across the globe are doing in this space, we are hoping to shine a light on several Instagram accounts that promote mental well-being, mental fitness, body positivity, self-care, and the importance of human connection - to not just hear each other, but to listen...
I have no idea what it said at first, but currently the only link to this website is the photo. That’s it... No names, no tags, nothing else but the photo that’s apparently linked to one of Meghan’s friends who has some mental health thing. Unless the post has changed, I would say this a storm in a teacup and people are (again) trying to find fault.

Edit: unless the DM article has also been changed, the text on the insta page hasn’t been. I can’t really find a difference.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Commoner

Archie's tiny feet posted on the Instagram with happy Mothers' Day wishes. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXS3l4pz2j/
Old 05-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Merena View Post

So sweet! With Princess Diana’s favourite Forget Me Not Flowers in the background.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That is a good point, the protocols. That is what a number of people are not fully grasping. It is not a vendetta against Meghan or her team, we want her to succeed, but the problems appear to be arising due to a lack of understanding of the protocol of the BRF> very true, maybe that was the idea.... even if it was removed today, they have the publicity.
What protocols has Meghan broken exactly? Where are they written? Who made up the protocols? Critics tend to resort to that terminology when there is no proof that she has broken anything.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

That's so sweet. Thank you for sharing!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
What protocols has Meghan broken exactly? Where are they written? Who made up the protocols? Critics tend to resort to that terminology when there is no proof that she has broken anything.
Its the unspoken, often imaginary, rules people drum up

Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean there is a rule against it. Like having a social media account for instance. It just means that some of the royals have remained in the traditional era of the queen, and others have started progressing with modern times. No rules against it, just personal choice. The queen clearly has no issue with it, as she has appeared with Harry on social media for Invictus.

Quote:

What a sweet photo. I love the added touch of the forget me nots in the back. Lovely nod to Diana.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Majesty

"How will Harry's craving for a quiet life fit with Meghan's dream of being a global leader? The Prince's biographer Angela Levin asks if Buckingham Palace's attempt to control the superstar Sussexes can possibly succeed"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Sussexes.html

An interesting view from Harry's biographer
Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Just another clickbait article from the Daily Mail, not worth reading. Probably in a few days, they’ll put a clarification on the back page. There’s a reason why it’s one of the most unreliable papers.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Where was it ever insinuated that Meghan wants to be a "global leader"? As far as I know, she wants to make a difference globally and that's what her philanthropic work was centered on before she met Harry.

As I see it, both Harry and Meghan work together as partners since their marriage less than a year ago. The Foundation, the Commonwealth being the main focus for both with each of them having their individual incentives much like all the other royals do. I don't see a need for them to be "controlled" because there isn't one thing in either of their "royal incentives and duties" that hasn't been backed up by The Queen and The "Firm" or has the blessing and support of The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

If the super stardom that is alluded to is the astonishing results that have come about because of these two people, I think we have to remember that its not Harry and Meghan, themselves, that are reaping the benefits but the charities and the projects they sponsor.

Then again, its the Fail once again and all tabloid fodder and its just another angle to criticize the couple and "bring them down a notch or two". Doesn't hold water with me at all.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:

This is a beautiful photo & lovely message to everyone celebrating Mother's Day today.

Best wishes to all mothers here whose special day is today.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Just want to wish The Duchess of Sussex a very Happy 1st Mother's Day! May she enjoy it with her new baby and her family. May she also heap praises upon her own mother, Ms. Doria Ragland.

For anyone else in the thread who is interested, Happy Mother's Day to you also.

Peace
Happy Mother’s Day To Meghan and the other mothers
I love the photo https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXS3l4pz2j/
Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, "Bigoted Brits will be infuriated and unforgiving. I am already getting emails about how “the woman will pollute the bloodline” and stain national purity" https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnis...tional-family/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzAp5IhyL4
Old 05-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

The difference is sponsorship of a charity by a company versus the Royal friend promoting the friend's business. The company can get publicity by donating to or sponsoring the charity, but the Royal cannot personally promote the company. Harry or the Royal Foundation cannot personally endorse Land Rover.

This may be a tempest in a teapot--I haven't actually seen the actual post with the alleged promotion. My posts on ethics are based on the promotional scenario that was described.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love the baby feet! That boy has some big feet too...figure he will be tall!

The Forget Me Nots were lovely.

LaRae
Old 05-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Very sweet--the photo a number of folks seemed to be hoping to see.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
"How will Harry's craving for a quiet life fit with Meghan's dream of being a global leader? The Prince's biographer Angela Levin asks if Buckingham Palace's attempt to control the superstar Sussexes can possibly succeed"

Seems to be another speculative story with little or no substance.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Yes they want Archie to have a more normal life. That doesn't mean either parent is going to disappear from the limelight either. Certainly Edward and Sophie never did, though their kids are kept out.

Harry never said he wanted to abandon royal life all together. He simply needed to forge his own path. He isn't the future king, so he isn't needed for the more traditional roles. It is clear from his focus on things like Invictus, Sentebale and African parks, as well as his and Meghan's Commonwealth appointments, their path is going to lead them in a slightly more outward direction.

Both Harry and Meghan light up around kids. Hate all the focus is on Harry being the natural with kids, and not Meghan. It doesn't mean they aren't going to continue their work and path.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

As someone who is not a Meghan naysayer, I do see the problem with her promoting her friends business and I also wish they would stop giving tabloids ammunition.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry