The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
This is also telling, because there is literal proof, video and pictures of one of Doria's nephews at the wedding with either his mom or girlfriend. It hasn't been confirmed by the Palace, but by people who recognised him.
This is not true. No idea how this started but that picture being circulated of a crew member of Suits. There are other pictures of him with the Suits group.

The only biological family there was Doria.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be friends of her's prior to the wedding day but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?

Old 04-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be friends if her's prior to the wedding day but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?
Meghan's uncle haven't seen her since 2000. He also haven't talked to Doria since 2016. It's none of our business.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be her friends prior to the day she married but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?
Then why should they be invited to her wedding? No response on why they weren't at her first wedding either, and that they haven't spoken to each other in 20 years.

BTW...My first wedding was just my mom, and if I were to ever get married again, it will be just my mother again. I have tons of family, a father, half brothers and sisters and plenty of aunts, uncles and cousins. I've rarely seen many of my extended family, and I'm sure some would be put out by not receiving an invite, but I'm not going to be fake on my wedding day and invite people that I don't associate with (blood or not) or who I don't get along with.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be friends of her's prior to the wedding day but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?

I was referring to the Markles and it couldn't be any more obvious why she doesn't have a relationship with them.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
And? So what there were hundreds of guests. My guess none of them betrayed her as fast as these family members clearly had no issue doing. Also if these family members weren't at her 1st wedding then they have no business being at her second just because she marrying a prince.

The only family that matters were there by her side -- her mom and her close friends who have been there for her, some for close to 2 decades.

And I would call them toxic. Extremely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Meghan's uncle haven't seen her since 2000. He also haven't talked to Doria since 2016. It's none of our business.
It seemed they only talked in 2016 because the news broke about Meghan and Harry. He admitted they hadn't spoken in years until that moment and then haven't spoken since. I am sure Doria's phone blew up when the rumors started.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some family members and friends are going to release some pics. The same thing happened to Catherine. It’s why we have so many pics of her childhood, too. I think Meghan expected it to happen. Not something you can really stop.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Not reading that rubbish tabloid. An uncle who has seen his niece in 20 years wouldnít even know who all of her friends were. As Prince Harry said in his engagement interview, people think they know him, but they donít. Same with Meghan.

People were still trying to guess how James Corden, Tom Hardy, Irdis Elba, Marcus Mumford etc attended the wedding & know Harry. Meghanís close 20+ years friends were mostly ignored by the media, some senior royal reporters still insist she had no friends there. Yet anyone that followed Meghan before Harry knew about some of them. They were seen in pictures with Doria, not estranged relatives from either side. Obviously these dear friends are closer than some estranged sellout relative.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Just because you share DNA with relatives, it doesn't make them "family". To be honest, many of Meghan's relatives seem to me to be, to put it mildly, relative strangers. Meghan was 2 when Doria and Tom, Sr. divorced so its not like they all lived together as a big, happy family. Related by blood, yes. Family? No.

My second wedding consisted of having my future sister-in-law as a witness and her 5 year old daughter as a flower girl. Other family such as my mom and my kids and my brother live quite a distance out of state and as this was just a 15 minute civil ceremony, we did it with as little fanfare as we could.

The more this is discussed, the more it makes sense when Harry stated around the Christmas before the wedding that the holiday parties gave Meghan "the family she's never had".
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's so strange that she ignores everyone from BOTH sides of her family. They can't ALL be in the wrong.
It's not strange at all. Just because you share DNA with people doesn't mean you have to be in each other's lives. It doesn't mean the ones not selling Meghan to the tabloids are WRONG, just that outside of DNA they would have no reason to be in each other's lives.

But this uncle, who hasn't seen Meghan in 19 years, just sold her and Doria to the tabloids for the second time. He has proven twice that he's not trustworthy. And if neither had no interest in the 16 years prior to Harry, to get in touch, there would've been no reason after she met Harry, either.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Commoner

Every time I think the DM can't sink any lower, it reaches even further into the sewer.

This latest invasion of both Meghan and her Mum's privacy is obscene. It is vile. If somebody put my baby photos all over the internet for $$ I would want to sue them back to the pre historic age. But neither Meghan nor Doria can speak out or take action to defend themselves. It wouldn't be so bad if they could fight back in some way but they have sit back and watch so called 'family' knife them time and time again.

This IS gutless cyber bulling and I hate it.

The more I see of this media stalking and bullying the less envious I become of the wealth and privilage because there is such a horrific and violating personal price to pay.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Uncle Joe sold 30 pictures to the DM so this is a planned series and Unc is going to clean up. DM just announced to the Markles and the world their services are no longer required. The Markles are not providing new material and DM opened its books and realized the paternal family is not making money in the long run. Meghan has big name defenders in Oprah, Beyonce and George Clooney. Gayle King is doing a a special. Samantha's books are going to be a rehash. I think the DM has decided to stop wasting its time and money on the Markles and go for a new angle.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I don’t believe there actually is a book by Samantha at all, she’s been saying that for awhile and there is no indication of a forthcoming book by her. Maybe she is self publishing, but that takes some upfront cash.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm inclined to believe that there isn't a book too. If there was and Samantha aimed to release it around the birth of Baby Sussex, the publisher would most likely be doing promotions for the book by now and taking preorders.

Even if she does release a book, I don't think it'll do very well at all. I can't imagine a publisher actually backing something like this. Self publishing is possible but I imagine that it'd be a waste of money for Ms. Grant-Markle.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-13-2019, 03:02 AM
Aristocracy

I have always found it odd only her mom was there.
Maybe it’s the tribe Jewish genes thing or being a granddaughter of holocaust survivors with literally most of the families being wiped out, so I am Uber aware of ones roots and family trees. But, I have extended family members on my mom side (no family left anymore on my dad) I have not seen since I was a teenager at best and was never quite close to them even then, and some not so extended I don’t have much connection with as we just drifted apart- as can happen- I still make sure to call and say happy b-day call, and happy holiday and spend Rosh Hashana evening with them. None the less, if I were to get married in a regular ceremony (meaning not eloping) I would at the very least send them an invite- it’s basic courtesy and showing of respect and kindness.0

especially if I had millions to spare for my wedding and no space issue whatsoever! And was inviting people who literally never met me before the wedding day.

Say what you will, it makes no sense Every single family member is toxic or problematic. Statistically it is nearly impossible! Sorry her mom side looks very nice and decent from where i’m standing.

Just think as if you were one of her family members. How would you feel not even getting the invite? We’re not talking 3 times removed family, but her own uncles and cousins! That’s considered first degree, 2nd at most. They were obviously part of her life growing up to some degree.

Her uncle plain and simple says no one else was invited, personally? I’d feel deeply hurt and insulted if my sister kids didn’t invite me to their wedding- even if we had no connection in the years before it.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Then why should they be invited to her wedding? No response on why they weren't at her first wedding either, and that they haven't spoken to each other in 20 years.

BTW...My first wedding was just my mom, and if I were to ever get married again, it will be just my mother again. I have tons of family, a father, half brothers and sisters and plenty of aunts, uncles and cousins. I've rarely seen many of my extended family, and I'm sure some would be put out by not receiving an invite, but I'm not going to be fake on my wedding day and invite people that I don't associate with (blood or not) or who I don't get along with.
My point is why should they care what she thinks about them now after not getting invited to the wedding? Meghan is the common factor in all these falling outs and snubs with both sides of her family so I just can't accept that it's everyone else who is at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I have always found it odd only her mom was there.
Maybe itís the tribe Jewish genes thing or being a granddaughter of holocaust survivors with literally most of the families being wiped out, so I am Uber aware of ones roots and family trees. But, I have extended family members on my mom side (no family left anymore on my dad) I have not seen since I was a teenager at best and was never quite close to them even then, and some not so extended I donít have much connection with as we just drifted apart- as can happen- I still make sure to call and say happy b-day call, and happy holiday and spend Rosh Hashana evening with them. None the less, if I were to get married in a regular ceremony (meaning not eloping) I would at the very least send them an invite- itís basic courtesy and showing of respect and kindness.0

especially if I had millions to spare for my wedding and no space issue whatsoever! And was inviting people who literally never met me before the wedding day.

Say what you will, it makes no sense Every single family member is toxic or problematic. Statistically it is nearly impossible! Sorry her mom side looks very nice and decent from where iím standing.

Just think as if you were one of her family members. How would you feel not even getting the invite? Weíre not talking 3 times removed family, but her own uncles and cousins! Thatís considered first degree, 2nd at most. They were obviously part of her life growing up to some degree.

Her uncle plain and simple says no one else was invited, personally? Iíd feel deeply hurt and insulted if my sister kids didnít invite me to their wedding- even if we had no connection in the years before it.
I couldn't agree more and she has some nice aunts and uncles on her dad's side too, one of whom helped her get a job years ago and had never offended her in any way. That uncle also expressed surprise at not being invited and I don't blame him and I won't call people toxic because they express disappointment over how she's treated them. There may be some she's unhappy with but to blank all of them dosn't make any sense to me.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:39 AM
Serene Highness

For the relatives that didn't show up they have not had contact with Meghan for almost 20 years and expect to be invited. What are the chances those family members would expected have Meghan and Harry pay for air fare, hotel accommodations, tailored morning coats, designer dresses and hats and eveningwear? Doria's mother of the bride outfit was Oscar De la Renta, Dad had suits and shoes specially made. You bet the other family members would want the same level of dressing and that can add up. The queen and Prince Charles may not have been willing to pick up the tab or the queen would not allow them to stay at royal residences. That could have been factors . So the family was limited to Doria and Dad. Then Pap gate happened so there was Doria.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just because you share DNA with relatives, it doesn't make them "family". To be honest, many of Meghan's relatives seem to me to be, to put it mildly, relative strangers. Meghan was 2 when Doria and Tom, Sr. divorced so its not like they all lived together as a big, happy family. Related by blood, yes. Family? No.

My second wedding consisted of having my future sister-in-law as a witness and her 5 year old daughter as a flower girl. Other family such as my mom and my kids and my brother live quite a distance out of state and as this was just a 15 minute civil ceremony, we did it with as little fanfare as we could.

The more this is discussed, the more it makes sense when Harry stated around the Christmas before the wedding that the holiday parties gave Meghan "the family she's never had".
Sounds ideal and very much how I would want to do things. However, if I was marrying someone who because of their role in life had a venue with 1000 people I would invite everyone...aunt's, uncles, first cousins and their partners and kids, friends from all at ages of my life who I am still in contact with. If ai had ot my way...I would invite 5 people. It was odd not to invite anyone from her family. Some sound fine and her Mum was on her own at the wedding.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
For the relatives that didn't show up they have not had contact with Meghan for almost 20 years and expect to be invited. What are the chances those family members would expected have Meghan and Harry pay for air fare, hotel accommodations, tailored morning coats, designer dresses and hats and eveningwear? Doria's mother of the bride outfit was Oscar De la Renta, Dad had suits and shoes specially made. You bet the other family members would want the same level of dressing and that can add up. The queen and Prince Charles may not have been willing to pick up the tab or the queen would not allow them to stay at royal residences. That could have been factors . So the family was limited to Doria and Dad. Then Pap gate happened so there was Doria.
Hmm, I don't see why they would expect this.. though it would be a nice gesture if Megan did it.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 AM
Serene Highness

Let's also remember Meghan married into a family where the matriarch is the ceremonial head of state. By law Harry had to get the queen's consent to marry Meghan and the Counsillors of State had to agree. I would not be surprised if Meghan was vetted before the official sign off and her families may have been scrubbed as well since it been years since Meghan contacted them. It could be some of Meghan's family came out of the wrong side of a background check so they were no gos for the wedding. The half siblings were obvious. Pick some and not others would have been a bigger mess so they would settle for Mom and Dad.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry