The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Wow her baby bump popped out quickly
Now the little one will continue to expand,yes she does healthy
Look closely at her eyes, still looks tired

Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Commoner

GracieGriraffe, your signature is very good.

Other: Mantel's awful teeth! She is plastik monster! :@
leave her (Dss Catherine) alone!

Duchess Catherine not first women, who is pregnant. (press article)

Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Commoner

Oh, I forget!

Catherine is very stunning, she is happy too. She is beautiful!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine looks lovely. I think she looks much healthier with a little extra weight on her. The baby bump is quite adorable. Good to see she is feeling better.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It's so nice to see the Duchess out and about today. No hint of angst over her appearance and showing no jealousy toward other women (). Some might think it is quite the social horror that she is so well adjusted and happy, that she tries to do good rather than grousing about what is not. I, frankly, cannot understand that point of view. As if when we are all miserable, it is a better world.
Slap on that lovely smile, Catherine and carry on. There is nothing of substance to criticize.
Indeed! She's doing what she's supposed to do, and doing it well. People need to look at all the good she's doing, and leave her alone. No need for nastiness.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Gentry

It's lovely to see Catherine out looking so healthy and happy! :)
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I cannot at some people's comments over her choice of recent engagements(not here specifically) like come on forget where or how as long as she's trying her best to make even just the smallest difference in someone else's life that's all I could ever ask of her. She looks fab, and most importantly happy and I'm so happy she's feeling better.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Pictures:
THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRİDGE VİSİTS HOPE HOUSE
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Stating such things is not how one wins friends.

Thank you for the info about baby movement. Cannot even begin to imagine what that feels like, especially for the first time.

Having been through the same experience as Gracie, I can only share that feeling that first tiny movement was absolutely amazing.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Catherine is a very smart cookie. She wore a dress that revealed her baby bump for all to see. Now she can wear anything she wants and no one can say she is hiding. That shoud remove the media noseyness.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Majesty

The Duchess visits Action on Addiction's Hope House
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Catherine is a very smart cookie. She wore a dress that revealed her baby bump for all to see. Now she can wear anything she wants and no one can say she is hiding. That shoud remove the media noseyness.
While I disagree with the extent to which the media hounds her (and other public figures for that matter) I do see how "media noseyness" is a fact of life for them. I went to the supermarket today and Catherine was on the cover of 7 tabloids/magazines, only one of which appeared to be discussing the bump photos. This coverage is pretty much typical, at least here. The media likes stories about the Royals and when there isn't one they're making one up - one of the few non-pregnancy magazines was talking about how "Kate's new home bugged."
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Courtier

I imagine Kate would by now be well aware on how the media works and what they are after. That is needing the shot to sell publications. However, I think it is very nasty and unfair of this UK author to pick on Kate when she is in the early stages of a difficult pregnancy. Deliberately Upsetting a pregnant woman is right up there with kicking kittens and puppies in my view. I am really pleased to see that Kate looks well enough to continue her role as a royal. Keep your chin up gorgeous.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
While I disagree with the extent to which the media hounds her (and other public figures for that matter) I do see how "media noseyness" is a fact of life for them. I went to the supermarket today and Catherine was on the cover of 7 tabloids/magazines, only one of which appeared to be discussing the bump photos. This coverage is pretty much typical, at least here. The media likes stories about the Royals and when there isn't one they're making one up - one of the few non-pregnancy magazines was talking about how "Kate's new home bugged."
I agree
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Courtier

I suspect Kate doesn't give a toss what the public think and only concerns herself with pleasing her husband and family. She has a track record of putting up with whatever comes her way, but her course has not yet changed has it?

I think she will be just fine, so long as William is happy with her.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

It's just a shame we didn't know before hand that Hope House has an Art Therapy program as part of their recovery program. That would have helped to stop some of the comments wondering why she's going there for her first Engagement. I mean...I was getting tired of explaining why Kate was visiting in their words, "Nothing but a bunch of junkies"

Knowing they have a program like that, it ties in two of Kate's interests and patronages so perfectly. Pity the PR people didn't do more to put that out in the lead up to today.

Anyway....HRH looks gorgeous!!! Glowing, gorgeous and happy. Loved her outfit and it doesn't surprise me Kate went w/a wrap dress and it wouldn't shock me to see her out and about in them more as the next few months go by. Not only are they comfy, but they look good on just about any body type. Plus, considering they're wrap dresses, Kate could then easily add them to her after Baby wardrobe too.

Which in a Country that's still dealing w/the Global Economic woes, would be a very smart thing to think of.

Kate looked wonderful and it's lovely to see her out and about again.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
It's just a shame we didn't know before hand that Hope House has an Art Therapy program as part of their recovery program. That would have helped to stop some of the comments wondering why she's going there for her first Engagement. I mean...I was getting tired of explaining why Kate was visiting in their words, "Nothing but a bunch of junkies"

Knowing they have a program like that, it ties in two of Kate's interests and patronages so perfectly. Pity the PR people didn't do more to put that out in the lead up to today.

Anyway....HRH looks gorgeous!!! Glowing, gorgeous and happy. Loved her outfit and it doesn't surprise me Kate went w/a wrap dress and it wouldn't shock me to see her out and about in them more as the next few months go by. Not only are they comfy, but they look good on just about any body type. Plus, considering they're wrap dresses, Kate could then easily add them to her after Baby wardrobe too.

Which in a Country that's still dealing w/the Global Economic woes, would be a very smart thing to think of.

Kate looked wonderful and it's lovely to see her out and about again.
I wouldn't think an art program should be needed to justify her (or any royal) visiting an addiction treatment center. Perhaps I've missed some controversy, but it seems a perfectly normal place for a royal engagement.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's good to put any attention on addiction and places to get help for it. It's nice to see a rich girl giving her time to a cause that is not glamorous or particularly in "style", but is still a real problem that needs to be addressed.
I wonder why Kate in chose addiction as one of her charities, how does it affect her personally? I only ask because from what I've seen the royals have charities in there roster that affect them personally. Camilla with osteoporosis, William and Harry with Africa etc.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Nobility

Her maternal uncle (Gary, I believe) has had an addiction problem with cocaine in the past.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The difficulty with addiction is that, to a large extent, people believe that it's not an actual illness. That people should man-up, develop a bit of willpower and just stop drinking or taking drugs unilaterally. Of course that's nonsense and if HRH's patronage of AoA can help in some small way to change that then it's all to the good.

I was just watching CNN and Erin Burnett showed a compilation of what seemed to be every American morning/news show talking about 'the bump'. I'm afraid Kate's just going to have to deal with the madness until the little Prince/Princess arrives.