The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Majesty

It just goes to show you that Catherine is becoming comfortable at handling official engagements on her own.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporterIt's a chilly evening outside the Natural History Museum, where the Duchess of Cambridge is due soon.

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Kate's going to make a few brief remarks here tonight. Broadcaster Sir David Attenborough, recovering from an operation, is no longer coming

Mark Stewart@RegalEyesKate' s wearing green dress , looks like the Mulberry one she wore to Diamond Jubilee media reception

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The

Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Mark Stewart@RegalEyesKate' s wearing green dress , looks like the Mulberry one she wore to Diamond Jubilee media reception
First pictures of Kate:

- The Duchess of Cambridge 1
- The Duchess of Cambridge 2

Gallery from Getty

I think the softer makeup definitely suits Kate (thanks God the horrible orange blusher is gone!) and the dress looks nice too.

Gallery from Zimbio
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Courtier

she has a new haircut

Catherine The Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The Official
Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

A wee bit old-fashioned - and I agree it does look like the Mulberry dress she has worn once before.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
A wee bit old-fashioned - and I agree it does look like the Mulberry dress she has worn once before.
It is indeed the same Mulberry "Cabbage" dress she had worn exactly one year ago, in November of 2011.
Have a look at this post and this thread for more information.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked this dress the first time she wore it and I like it on her now. I agree about her makeup- it looks softer than it has in the past and the look suits her. I also actually really like the way she's cut her hair- I feel like it has more shape now.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

This thread is about the event, not her fashion. She is appropriately dressed for what is a large, stone, cold, Victorian building. She opened the exhibition and made a speech and all without Lord Attenborough as expected as he is unwell. Good to see her out doing solo engagements.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there any video available of her speech yet?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

The dress is okay; what's amusing me is having it buttoned up to her ears. Sweetie, it's okay if you have a few buttons undone. I swear we won't think of you in scandalous terms.

The only problem I have with the hair is that it seems more...curtain-like around her face. What I mean is, it's like it's her own way to hide in public. Jennifer Aniston gave an interview once where she said the reason she's kept the same hairstyle for so long was because she didn't want it pulled away from her face. She could hide behind it like a security blanket or something.

But the whole point could be moot as she could come out tomorrow with her hair in a bun and swearing to keep it like that forever.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Sir David was set to make a speech but he couldn't attend so Catherine said a few words instead, not sure if their will be video from inside though.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Her speech may not be available yet but excerpts from it are.
Kate said that "The Natural History Museum has a very special place in the heart of this nation", that she "cares passionately about what this museum stands for" and that "being here tonight, seeing some of nature’s finest treasures, reminds me just how precious and awe inspiring the natural world is."
Old 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Fans Go Bananas Over Duchess Kate’s New Fringe [PHOTOS] - Socialite Life

Kate Middleton Shows Off Hot New Hairstyle At Treasures Exhibition | Look

Duchess of Cambridge Goes 70s Chic with New Look; Kate Middleton Pictures : People.com

Duchess Kate dons old dress, new haircut at museum exhibit opening - CBS News

I love long hair on a girl. When Catherine is 50 she can wear her hair in a bun or an 'updo' but until then, give me long hair any day.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Well, I thought HRH looked beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing a video of her speech.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Fringe benefits: Duchess Kate shows off her sweeping new hairdo on night at museum:
Kate Middleton hair: Duchess shows off new haircut at Natural History Museum - Mirror Online
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Majesty

I love that Catherine has passion for culture-related things, as well as causes that deal with helping those in need. It says a great deal about her, and I hope that those who admire her will take a leaf out of her book, and either volunteer, and set a foot in a museum and learn something new. As for her hair, I think it would look better if parted to the side rather than down the middle.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days - and I hope I can explain what I'm thinking without offending anyone - cos I don't want to; but sometimes its difficult to explain clearly enough in print.

There is a thread for discussions on clothes and hair and makeup. And this is a thread about her work. And we need to separate those, IMO. We (I'm including myself) all like to look at all the Royal women and comment on their clothes but lets be honest - that's not what any of them are there for, its not their job.

We all have an interest in royalty or we wouldn't be here and if we just focus on the fashion stuff we trivialise the work that the royals do. So let's really separate these topics. I personally feel that recently I've lost sight of the information that is truly important and got caught up in the the glossy stuff.

Memo to self: get back on track.

You don't have to agree; just thinking out loud.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

What you suggest is wise; current events thread should not turn into fashion discussions. Unfortunately, the problem is that most (if not all) that is reported on Kate concerns her fashion choices so it's somewhat hard to speak of anything else.

Take today's event, for instance. Did we get a single article explaining why she was there, what the event was about, or just basic facts about the National History Museum? Nope. Instead, we got detailed articles about her "cabbage" dress, new haircut and whatnot. It's hard to comment on something that, well, doesn't exist - and as far as media is concerned, the only things about Kate that matter are her sartorial choices and hairstyles.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

Catherines upcoming events are in 30th and 5th right? or are more out there? its just to mark my calendar of royal events^^