The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's certainly all (mainly) caused by loosing weight. Her face was obviously fuller some years before the engagement. I think she started a serious diet myself which continued up to the engagement. And beyond maybe as she seems to be keeping her current weight. Maybe she decided to change her eating habits. Some people said she was on a protein diet.
And obviously she probably got help from some good trainers for a fitness programme.
Her hairstyle also changed, I think that helps her face look more slender.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

I think she has progressively lost weight from the time her and William got engaged. I noticed that she went from being a fuller figured, round faced girl to a slender more chisled face in a short amount of time. Im not sure if it was intentional or if it was a thought out decision to give herself a new image as she would become a high profile royal. Interesting to have watched her blossom into this truly lovely woman.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I think she has progressively lost weight from the time her and William got engaged. I noticed that she went from being a fuller figured, round faced girl to a slender more chisled face in a short amount of time. Im not sure if it was intentional or if it was a thought out decision to give herself a new image as she would become a high profile royal. Interesting to have watched her blossom into this truly lovely woman.

I disagree - she lost most of the weight in 2007 during the split. The rpre-wedding diet just added "tone". I've looked at the pictures at that time (2007) and the same dresses she's worn since (rubbish sentence but hopfully you'll understand) and the change is minimal

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Some of the differences in face shape might also be attributable to some dental work she is rumored to have done around that time.
French dental pioneer created 'naturally perfect' smile for Kate Middleton, it is claimed - Telegraph
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think people tend to overplay the weight issue with Kate. If you look at pictures from her time at Marlborough, she's always been slim hipped. She's lost weight in her face, which is only natural as people grow out of their teens and early twenties, but I really don't see a huge difference in the rest of her body.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
I think people tend to overplay the weight issue with Kate. If you look at pictures from her time at Marlborough, she's always been slim hipped. She's lost weight in her face, which is only natural as people grow out of their teens and early twenties, but I really don't see a huge difference in the rest of her body.
Also, I don't think it's any surprise that she lost weight in the run-up to her wedding. Plenty of even non-royal brides find that happening to them!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Yes she lost some weight like any bride would. And her teeth are whiter. I realized that she had rings under her eyes before her wedding. Now they disappeared. Is this because of the loss of weight and good makeup? They are absolutly not visible.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not know if it has been posted yet. Funny story, from hellomagazine.
The Duchess of Cambridge isn't recognised during shopping trip - hellomagazine.com
Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not know if it has been posted yet. Funny story, from hellomagazine.
The Duchess of Cambridge isn't recognised during shopping trip - hellomagazine.com
This story really did give me my chuckle of the day. Kate and William want normalcy.... they got it. She even had to go back home for her purse and credit cards like most of us would. I imagine that if Dave had known who she was, there'd been no problem.

I can believe when they say its going to be a long, long time before Dave lives down this story.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Cant get much more normal than that. I thought that was a great story. Can you imagine NOT recognizing the Duchess? I thought it was funny that she gave her name as Mrs. Cambridge and he still didnt catch on. Poor thing, he will have to live with the teasing for a litte while Im sure. Hahaha.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts pertaining to Catherine at the Paralympic's have been moved to 2012 Paralympic Games in London, August 29 - September 9, 2012 .

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Yes she lost some weight like any bride would. And her teeth are whiter. I realized that she had rings under her eyes before her wedding. Now they disappeared. Is this because of the loss of weight and good makeup? They are absolutly not visible.
She still has those dark circles under her eyes. I've seen pictures of her since she's been in the public eye and before. Those dark circles seems to come and go. It might be allergies, sinus infection, etc.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Got our first Catherine spotting since the tour ended
Sim Nijjar ‏@sim_nijjar Saw Kate Middleton today by Knightsbridge, woaah! @nicolehickey !! http://instagr.am/p/QFZs1frwrz/
Old 09-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Got our first Catherine spotting since the tour ended
Sim Nijjar ‏@sim_nijjar Saw Kate Middleton today by Knightsbridge, woaah! @nicolehickey !! http://instagr.am/p/QFZs1frwrz/
I get "page not found" when I click on the link?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I get "page not found" when I click on the link?

just click on Sim Nijjar ‏@sim_nijjar

we are able to see the pic
Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Gentry

I doubt it's the real Kate. Looks like a replica of her engagement dress. Her eyebrows and her hair look different to me.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalps09 View Post
I doubt it's the real Kate. Looks like a replica of her engagement dress. Her eyebrows and her hair look different to me.
No, I think that's her. The bodyguard looks familiar.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
just click on Sim Nijjar ‏@sim_nijjar

we are able to see the pic
Is it the one where she's wearing a navy sweater/top/dress, and her hair is covering half of her face?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Is it the one where she's wearing a navy sweater/top/dress, and her hair is covering half of her face?
yup that is the one.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Looks a bit too staged to me, like the woman in the background who happens to be carrying a Jubilee bag.