The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
No, Lupo! I said walkies, not Walkers! Duchess's dog snapped in hot pursuit of a crisp packet
As a blue-blooded royal pup, his behaviour must be nothing less than exemplary.So the Duchess of Cambridge is taking no chances with her beloved five-month-old cocker spaniel, Lupo, and has started intensive ‘whistle training’.Royal sources say she has been seen in the gardens of Kensington Palace, where she and Prince William have their London base, Nottingham Cottage, practising with the lively young dog.
Kate looks lovely in jeans and trainers.

Last edited:
Is Kate wearing a Barbour wax jacket while walking Lupo? The royals certainly love them, and they've actually become quite fashionable now.

The innocence of children. Thinking she would wear a crown, made me smile. Reminds me of the criticism when she went on a school visit and the news reported thatthe kids didn't think she looked like a princess. Were likely like many of these kids, expecting a crown and pink dress. Children are the hardest critics, they are a great judge of character.

Apparently the Queen gets asked that particular question more than any other - why aren't you wearing your crown?

:previous:Out of the mouths of children; what wonderful anecdotes. Thanks for posting, Artemisia.

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you for the article, Artemisia :flowers:. It was indeed lovely to read something like this. I love hearing stories from children, because they're honest and will not tell you something that they're not feeling. They're indeed the best judges of character, and can sense things us adults can miss or forget once we leave childhood behind. One of my favorite lines was 'I think she’d make a really cool teacher' said by Jaydn Proffitt. I have expressed that sentiment many times and will stand by it until shown otherwise. She has such a big heart, and it's wonderful that she's giving these children something of herself that is precious and priceless; love.

What a lovely article! Kate is so wonderful and such a natural with children.

Hi guys I'm back after going away for the weekend and I've got some news for y'all so Phil Dampier spoke with Prince Edward and he had some very kind things to say about the Duchess and what his mother thinks of her.
https://twitter.com/#!/liltinglimes
LL ‏ @liltinglimes RT @phildampier P Edward says Kate has taken to royal life "like a duck to water" Says HM delighted w/ her&how popular royals are in Jubilee
LL ‏ @liltinglimes
RT @phildampier: Edward says Queen will do all she can to protect Kate.

Thanks for the tidbits, ghost night! It's nice to hear a royal's perspective on Kate.

ghost_night554 said:
Hi guys I'm back after going away for the weekend and I've got some news for y'all so Phil Dampier spoke with Prince Edward and he had some very kind things to say about the Duchess and what his mother thinks of her.
https://twitter.com/#!/liltinglimesLL ‏ @liltinglimes RT @phildampier P Edward says Kate has taken to royal life "like a duck to water" Says HM delighted w/ her&how popular royals are in Jubilee
LL ‏ @liltinglimes
RT @phildampier: Edward says Queen will do all she can to protect Kate.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Could it be possible that the Queen is so protective toward Kate because of what happened with Diana? Perhaps she doesn't want the past to repeat itself? I've been wondering.

:previous:That's got to be a major factor, I would think, and the game plan that was set into motion from the beginning. Wasn't the RF's intention all along to not repeat the mistakes of the past with Kate's entry into royal life? They've really made great strides in this direction, including Kate's several joint appearances with the Queen, as well the Queen wanting Wills and Kate to have a private life at the beginning of their marriage, much the same as she had with Philip.

Last edited:
:previous:That's got to be a major factor, I would think, and the game plan that was set into motion from the beginning. Wasn't the RF's intention all along to not repeat the mistakes of the past with Kate's entry into royal life? They've really made great strides in this direction, including Kate's several joint appearances with the Queen, as well the Queen wanting Wills and Kate to have a private life at the beginning of their marriage, much the same as she had with Philip.
I have to agree. IMHO the British Royal Family's "Way Ahead" group had these plans in motion for whomever William or Harry would marry. Their future brides would be given all of the support and guidance that their mother and Sarah Ferguson believed they had not received.

That was an interesting article; nice to hear how the family feels about Kate and how their strategy is paying off in a successful transition to public life. Thanks for posting, Anna Catherine.

It's nice that the sisters maintain their close relationship and I'm sure Kate sees her time with her sister as necessary escapes from her royal life as well as maintaining her close relationship with her family. But I can't get over the other story about Earl Spencer's daughter, Lady Amelia, kicking a man on crutches after a drunken night out. Oh, my, what a lady, indeed!:eek: Obviously having a title doesn't necessarily mean you have good upbringing!

While I agree that Lady Amelia's behaviour was awful, I have some measure of sympathy for her. I mean, imagine having Earl Spencer as your father. How many ex-stepmothers and half siblings does she have at this stage? Given her father's actions it's hardly surprising she's acting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom