British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article that shows how much rapport Kate's got with people. And as far as scarfing down all those pastries, I bet she's got a good enough appetite to do it....she just knows how to exercise it off!

I felt the same when I read that particular article. She's such a 'people' person, and knows how to make them feel at ease. She's not pretentious, and that attracts those around her. As for her exercising off those 14 tea sandwiches, I'm with you as well. She knows how to keep herself in shape, and is probably able to eat anything she wants, within reason.

I've been informed that when the Duchess heard about the criticism of her dress today she replied with this:

If she indeed said it, then she's being very aware of what's going on. Even if she's spending what an average person earns in a month on one dress, I can guarantee that there are others with unlimited funds who spend a great deal more, and more than likely don't recycle what they have bought. All you need to do is step into a thrift store, and you'll see some very nice designer clothing that has been worn only once (if at all). Catherine is very good when it comes to getting her money's worth out of her wardrobe.

There's coverage of the Derby on BBCone, which will start at 12:50pm GMT.

Actually it starts at 12.50 BST which is GMT+1. So it'll start at 11.50 GMT.

That'll be 04:50 in Vancouver/west coast of America. On the east coast of the US it'll be 07:50. For most of Europe it'll be 13:50 (Central European Summer Time). In Australia it'll be 21:50 AEST, 19:50 AWST and 21:20 ACST.

14 sandwiches and cakes is an amazing number for each of the 8,000 guests to be scoffing. Typical of the British public - it's their special day so they're bloody well going to enjoy it. The catering bill must be astronomical.

Not all the people who attend live in London. So in order to be right on time they have to travel over some distances, cue at the entrance of the palace gardens and then wait till all are there and the show begins. No wonder they all eat so much as they surely haven't gotten the time to get a decent meal for lunch and won't have one for dinner with leaving the party and travelling home. Catherine OTOH surely had something for lunch and will have dinner, so she needs not eat so much being there.....Probably nothing at all as her job is to talk to the guests and make them feel at home. :flowers:

Not all the people who attend live in London. So in order to be right on time they have to travel over some distances, cue at the entrance of the palace gardens and then wait till all are there and the show begins. No wonder they all eat so much as they surely haven't gotten the time to get a decent meal for lunch and won't have one for dinner with leaving the party and travelling home. Catherine OTOH surely had something for lunch and will have dinner, so she needs not eat so much being there.....Probably nothing at all as her job is to talk to the guests and make them feel at home. :flowers:

There is a separate tea tent for the royals so I am sure they manage a cup of tea and a piece of cake during the event.

Actually it starts at 12.50 BST which is GMT+1. So it'll start at 11.50 GMT.

That'll be 04:50 in Vancouver/west coast of America. On the east coast of the US it'll be 07:50. For most of Europe it'll be 13:50 (Central European Summer Time). In Australia it'll be 21:50 AEST, 19:50 AWST and 21:20 ACST.
Thank you! :flowers: In that case just use my tvpc.com link from the jubilee thread
tvpc.com - BBC 1

No problem, ghost. You're always so good with all your info I figured the least I could do was look that up for you. I'll be honest, all the timezones with daylight saving going on in some parts of the world but not others is fairly confusing.

Are you gonna have a few very early wake up times over the weekend, ghost. Do you think you'll be able to to see most of it at least?

It's gonna be one crazy weekend! I thank god for my DVR but I am hoping to be here with all of you for most of the live broadcasts! I think I'm gonna fill up on redbull and coffee come Friday night. Your right the time zones are soo confusing. Half the time I dunno what time to check on my tv guide cause all the diff time zones are stuck in my head.

Last edited:
June 12 Garden Party

I think Her Majesty looks lovely in that peach color, her pin really caught the sun and that hat was a party all on its own. Lovely.:)

Just posted this in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's current events thread but I'll post it here as well so for today's visit with the Queen here are the details

The Queen is expected to arrive in Nottingham at 10:05am (5:05am EDT), she is traveling by train. HM is to be greeted by William and Kate, I do not know how the couple is getting to the area.Following is a brief rundown of the scheduled events as described on the My Nottingham website:
  • after the 10:05 meeting at the train station both parties will travel by car to the Old Market Square
  • the Royals are expected to arrive in the Old Market Square at 10.10am and will spend time greeting the crowds, before going into the Council House to meet the Lord Lieutenants of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire and invited guests
  • Crowds will get another glimpse of the special visitors when they appear on the Council House balcony to acknowledge the crowd
  • The Royal party will then leave by car at approximately 10.55am… before heading to Vernon Park in Basford which has been granted Queen Elizabeth 2 Field Status, meaning it will be protected for future generations to enjoy
  • The Royal Party will arrive at Vernon Park along Vernon Avenue at approximately 11.00 am for a re-dedication of Vernon Park under the auspices of the QE2 Fields in Trust organisation, of which Prince William is patron.
  • The Queen will unveil a plaque to mark the park’s new status and the Royal party will enjoy sporting and musical performances by children from schools and groups from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire
Latest updates on the Royal visit : Nottingham City Council

Here are the start time conversions : 2:05am PST and 5:05am EST

Last edited:
Diamond Jubilee 2012 ‏@Jubilee2012info The Queen Arrives Nottingham in less than two hours...heading to market square!!! Are you there?/ Tweet back

Notts Scouts ‏@NottsScouts
2 Scouts & 2 Explorers welcome #Royal party to @MyNottingham. Then 8 will help carry flowers and gifts at Vernon Park. #Honoured to be asked

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
William, #Kate and the #Queen will arrive to be greeted by crowds in Nottingham's Market Square followed by a visit to Vernon Park
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
Up in Nottingham where there is a real excitement building for the visit of the Queen, Prince William and Catherine later today #Jubilee

phil dampier ‏@phildampier
Queen joined by Will and Kate in Nottingham today - Prince Philip still recovering at home.

Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale Crowds already gathering in Nottingham for Queen and the Cambridges. Duke of Edinburgh missing. Will he be at Trooping the Colour Saturday?

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy On 13 Jun: The Queen - accompanied by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a reception at the Council House, Nottingham.

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are accompanying The Queen on a #DiamondJubilee visit to Nottingham today, visiting @FieldsinTrust

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of @FieldsinTrust which aims to protect playing fields throughout the UK. Find out more:...
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Over 18000 members of public are expected to greet the Queen, William and Kate in #Nottingham's Market Square today
Updates begin

This girl is actually there so I'd recommend following her updates

Last edited:
More updates
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Crowds have been gathering since 4.30am here in Nottingham, where the Queen and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due at 10am.

Notts Scouts ‏@NottsScouts View from the balcony the royal party will wave from later today. We're in position too! @ClarenceHouse #royalvisit http://pic.twitter.com/ukiiIneO

Hannah Meredith ‏@hannahmeredith
Frank has brought a friend with him to see Kate and William http://pic.twitter.com/hpXbKlJg

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William and Kate will meet the Queen at the station before all head to Old Market Square for a walkabout and balcony appearance.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter I'm heading to Vernon Park, where the royal party will later open a Queen Elizabeth II Playing Field to mark the jubilee.

My Nottingham ‏@MyNottingham
Crowd in Old Market Square Nottingham... #royalsinnottm http://pic.twitter.com/mHSWxDsb

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy
Are you hoping to see The Queen in #Nottingham or #Corby today? Tell us if you're successful with an @mention #RoyalVisit #DiamondJubilee

Burghley ‏@burghleyhouse
Flowers for the Queen arranged by our head gardener! http://pic.twitter.com/ZOTpxeTa

Press Association ‏@pressassoc The Queen heads to the East Midlands today with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. Keep up to date here: http://bit.ly/xgJGLX #paqueen

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy Sports field all set up and crowds gathering for the #RoyalVisit at #VernonPark #DiamondJubilee http://pic.twitter.com/qTWgWq8G

Judy Wade ‏@Judy_Wade Unbelievably huge crowd in Nottingham think more than record number in Leicester whole city has turned out. Crowds gathering from 5.OO am

Lauren Knifton ‏@LaurenKnifton @BritishMonarchy Nottm - the band is playing, the crowd are 20 deep and we're all waving our union jacks in excitement- God Save the Queen!

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Back on the Jubilee roadshow, this time Nottingham where the Queen will be joined by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Last edited:
They're on their way!
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail William and Kate just driven by me on way to meet the Queen in Nottingham - am told they drove up from Anglesey this morning #earlystart
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail And apparently they are heading back there afterwards as Prince William has to get back to work! #duchessofcambridge #queen
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes On a previous visit to Nottingham HM met Golden couple Torville and Dean, this time she is joined by the latest golden couple Wills & Kate

Updates:http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2012-05-28/diamond-jubilee-highlights/

Looks like they may be a couple mins behind

Last edited:
Last edited:
Unfortunately Nick Clegg's giving evidence at Leveson today so BBC News and Sky News aren't following the visit live. Because we'd all rather see him than the Queen :rolleyes:.

Unfortunately Nick Clegg's giving evidence at Leveson today so BBC News and Sky News aren't following the visit live. Because we'd all rather see him than the Queen :rolleyes:.

Sky News have started giving some coverage :flowers:

35,000 have gathered for this event in the market square.

First picture: https://twitter.com/georgehulston/status/212840854300266496/photo/1

Think i've just seen Catherine's outfit on SkyNews, long navy skirt, jacket and a fascinator. Looks very dowdy.

Correction the woman I saw was the one on the left of this picture, Catherine is just wearing a long blue coat.
http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashio...e-in-nottingham-for-the-queens-diamond-ju.htm

Balcony Shots:
https://twitter.com/MyNottingham/status/212845855420579843/photo/1
https://twitter.com/misslfoster/status/212842015338139648/photo/1

Last edited:
Prince William giving his speech live now on Sky News.

in the compaation of photos from march when kate used thar dress and now she is a little more fat now. great for her, really was very skinny

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Photo: http://tmblr.co/ZsfyvvNJzmOv Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join HM the Queen in Nottingham
Untagged for the Cambridges
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Untagged for the Queen
queen elizabeth - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Untagged for both
Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit The East Midlands - Pictures - Zimbio

Video:
Home - ITNSource News

Getty Images - Search: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit The East Midlands
Kate Middleton Fans ‏@RoyallyKate “60 years of marriage? Wow. Well I’ve done one!” - Kate, when meeting a couple in Nottingham who had been married for 60 years.

"Kate’s terribly sweet apparently and told Leon how much Wills loves, cares for and looks after her."
— @JonathanMayor [‘Leon’ is the Lord Mayor of Nottingham]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom