British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice and Eugenie definitely got it right with these outfits. They look lovely!

Now, don't shoot me down but isn't Louise wearing the same coat from the last time we saw her? I've only ever seen her with that coat and the blue one. I'd love to see her in a red coat.

Sophie in royal bluehttp://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?kw=wessex&iso=GBR&lkw=&viah=Y&stk=N&sft=&search_action_desktop=

Now, don't shoot me down but isn't Louise wearing the same coat from the last time we saw her? I've only ever seen her with that coat and the blue one. I'd love to see her in a red coat.

The last time we saw her at Christmas she had the pale pink coat on Christmas day and wore the green/grey coat to the Christmas eve service. I preferred her tartan coat from last Christmas and Easter. She would look lovely in a red coat! I am not a huge fan of her coat from today, mainly because it looks very big.

Sophie's royal blue dress and jacket is beautiful, though I am unsure how I feel about her feathers.

Eugenie's coat is lovely and looks very similar to the one she wore last Easter. I noticed Sophie and Louise arrived in car following the Queen and Prince Philip and the rest walked. Surprised they didn't walk with the family.

The last time we saw her at Christmas she had the pale pink coat on Christmas day and wore the green/grey coat to the Christmas eve service. I preferred her tartan coat from last Christmas and Easter. She would look lovely in a red coat! I am not a huge fan of her coat from today, mainly because it looks very big.

Sophie's royal blue dress and jacket is beautiful, though I am unsure how I feel about her feathers.

Eugenie's coat is lovely and looks very similar to the one she wore last Easter. I noticed Sophie and Louise arrived in car following the Queen and Prince Philip and the rest walked. Surprised they didn't walk with the family.

I love the tartan coat from last year. Louise looked precious in it. Today's coat is OK, but, yes it is on the big side. Perhaps she's in between sizes; too big for her other coats, but not quite big enough for this one. Agree on the rest of your fashion assessments.

They keep dressing her like she's 2. Very nice to see Louise. I wonder where's her brother, James?

They keep dressing her like she's 2. Very nice to see Louise. I wonder where's her brother, James?

We don't see James on public events unless it's private.

James doesn't tend to appear with them unless it's private (Ascot in December, Windsor Horse Show etc.) as Lumutqueen said. Not really sure why but I suppose it's because he is only 5 years old and perhaps he's a trouble maker! Lady Louise was only seen at Trooping the Colour when she was 5 and attended Christmas when she was 8 years old.

Standing right by Andrew, Eugenie looks so much like him that it's uncanny.

Last edited:
One of the ladies in waiting to The Queen.

Louise is dressed in a very classic children's style ... thank heaven!!! It always distresses me when I see young girls dressed in trendy fashions which are often too old for them and NOT attractive. She has many years ahead where she can do the more trendy thing. :flowers:

I think Louise would've looked nice in a pretty dress. The rest of the family looked pretty good today. I hope they enjoy their Easter.

Sophie and her amazing fashion choice today is the DM headline story on their website and I love them for it.

Sophie and her amazing fashion choice today is the DM headline story on their website and I love them for it.

So it is! I love them for it too! It will be there until of course something new comes along but I love that Sophie is getting centre stage for a little bit. Sophie did look pretty good at the service. The dress is figure hugging but Sophie has the figure for it. I sincerely hope Edward appreciates how attractive his wife is and knows that he's a lucky chap! I do not like her hat though. That is my only negative...

DM managed to write two stories about Royal Easter without mentioning prince Andrew's name. Just ridiculously.

Louise is dressed in a very classic children's style ... thank heaven!!! It always distresses me when I see young girls dressed in trendy fashions which are often too old for them and NOT attractive. She has many years ahead where she can do the more trendy thing. :flowers:

Very true.

DM managed to write two stories about Royal Easter without mentioning prince Andrew's name. Just ridiculously.

In the article referring to his daughter's fashion choices he is mentioned twice, as The Duke of York and 'their father'. In the article on his sister in laws fashion choice he is mentioned once as The Duke of York.

Both articles are fashion pieces in the femail section of the DM. QEII, DOE and Prince Edward also get after thought mentions as fashion is the main aim of the story.
What's your point?

The article that I read - about Beatric and Eugenie and 'granny's girls' did mention Andrew as their father - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301863/Beatrice-Eugenie-lead-family-firm-church-Easter-Day-Windsor.html

The Duke of York's daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, accompanied the monarch to the Easter Matins service at St George's Chapel

Beatrice and Eugenie looked a picture of elegance walking to the chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle with their father in hats and high heels.
From the other article about Sophie
Sophie, Countess of Wessex brings colour to Easter Sunday service in fitted Royal blue outfit with racy exposed zip | Mail Online

the Duke of York's daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie also looked stylish for the service at St George's Chapel.

Neither article really discusses any of the men - Edward is referred to:

along with Prince Edward's nine-year-old daughter Louise. in the article about Sophie's outfit and exactly the same way in the article about Beatrice and Eugenie along with a reference to the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Philip gets Prince Philip smiled towards the crowd of well-wishers as they left by car. in the article about Beatrice and Eugenie and in the Sophie article wasn't even mentioned.

The men don't count in these types of articles due to them being about what the women were wearing rather than anything important.

The Royal Women of Windsor were looking pretty good today. Sophie did her thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom