The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm really getting fed up over this insertion of "300 green Le Chameau wellies" every time her clothing is mentioned. Would you prefer to see plastic bags on her feet in lieu of boots??? And baby Isla is adorable; nice to see pictures of her.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

ohh thanks for the big photo of isla. at last we can see her, I can0t wait for the christening

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

here big photos
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I normally don't post tumblr photos but these are adorable from today

William and Catherine
Too sweet. Love the interactions with little Savannah .

Quote:
dying at this one
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...j7n8o1_500.jpg

ugh they're all perfect. The photogs did great capturing some great moments today.
That they did. I also hope that someone in their party had a camera to take some pictures for the family albums. The moments were too good to miss, frankly.

Quote:
Love the serious expression on Isla's face .

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
These two photos are adorable.

William and Catherine
Savannah is kinda curious about Lupo .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Zara Phillips shows maternal side as she entertains niece at polo match
Quote:
She has no children of her own but eventing champion Zara Phillips showed her maternal side yesterday as she spent the day entertaining her 18-month-old niece at a charity polo match in Gloucestershire. Instead of watching the high-adrenaline game unfold, the 31-year-old spent time playing with blonde-haired Savannah as mother Autumn cradled baby Isla. The toddler, who was the Queen's first great-grandchild, is 12th in line to the throne.
The photos in this article just made my heart melt.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Courtier

it was the first time we saw baby Isla!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Courtier

I can imagine William and Kate with two little girls too :)
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Savannah is too cute for words, her "barely-there" blonde hair is adorable.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I can imagine William and Kate with two little girls too :)
oh yeah, my too
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy

Odds are that they will have one of each...William is one of two boys, no girls; Charles is one of three boys, one girl; Phillip is the only boy, four girls.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Courtier

does anyone know any video from the polo?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very important event will be held in London today as the Queen is joined by the PoW and other royals to unveil a memorial to the 55,573 airmen of Bomber Command who died fighting Nazi Germany in WWII.

125,000 men from all over the Commonwealth served in Bomber Command and, with over 55,000 killed in action, it had the highest mortality rate of any part of the armed forces during WWII. To put that in perspective, only those serving in the trenches of WWI suffered a comparable mortality rate.

BBC News - Queen to unveil Bomber Command memorial
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
A very important event will be held in London today as the Queen is joined by the PoW and other royals to unveil a memorial to the 55,573 airmen of Bomber Command who died fighting Nazi Germany in WWII.

125,000 men from all over the Commonwealth served in Bomber Command and, with over 55,000 killed in action, it had the highest mortality rate of any part of the armed forces during WWII. To put that in perspective, only those serving in the trenches of WWI suffered a comparable mortality rate.

BBC News - Queen to unveil Bomber Command memorial

Another video

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/r...vice-live.html
Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Administrator

A gallery from gettyimages of the unveilling of the Bomber Command Memorial today:

** gettyimas/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Unveil The Bomber Command Memorial **
Old 06-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe View Post
They Aren't Aunt and Uncle. Savannah's Auntie Is Zara Phillips.
They are Uncle and Aunt in the second line.

Zara will be a great mamma when the time comes!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is a proper memorial, not some modern art mediocrity such as that puddle memorialising Diana.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
This is a proper memorial, not some modern art mediocrity such as that puddle memorialising Diana.
I love the way you phrased that. IA. It is a very appropriate, dignified looking memorial.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

The transcription on this video is pretty amusing. Thanks MagMil.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
I remember in 2009 when I was in England, my sister was determined to see Diana's memorial. I remember telling her it's really not worth going to look.(i remember that from this board) It was raining and cold, a truly miserable day. We couldn't find it,and everyone we asked has no idea where it was. My elder sister was getting so pissed lol, she just wanted to go to restaurant and have a hot drink lol.

Well we finally found it and yup, nothing to write home about.

sorry for the OT
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the image links and video. The men no matter what their age look dapper in uniform. The ladies look lovely, always lovely to see the Gloucesters.