British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, that's right of course, but one would expect that a person who studied history of arts would know that the original Fabergé eggs aren't produced anymore. :whistling: I mean, it doesn't really need a study to know that either way. Quite a faux pas, IMO. :neutral:

Well, with such things you never know... Catherine wore a Cartier tiara from the 1930s at her wedding but she could still order a one new tomorrow. As it is still a member of the Fabergé-family who creates under the family name, I'd guess it's not so easy a question. Depends on your POV but if Catherine decided tomorrow to invest a hefty sum of money and ordered a new "Royal" Fabergé Easter Egg to give to the queen for her Diamond Jubile Easter and Ms. Fabergé would use all her artistical skills, now wouldn't that be a "real" Royal Fabergé Egg, then?

As to the eggs, most people associate the eggs constructed under either the hand or eye of Peter Carl Faberge to be the "real deal." I tend to be that way myself. Faberge is owned by the Pallinghurst Group and makes little eggs as pendants, but not the large "surprise" eggs. Both Tatiana and Sarah Faberge are employees, but in what capacity I don't know.

So in essence, the current production line carries the cachet of the Faberge name but not the "purity" of the original creator. For my money, the original historical Faberge products were created by P.C. Faberge and, to my POV, are the priceless artifacts that are in museums and private collections today.

It's not my post you are quoting ;)

And I suppose we have differing opinions about Philippa's dress - I don't really care for it. And neither do I for her herself.
My full focus was on the bride (and in a little less extent the groom) that day, that's all that mattered to me.

I think it is unfortunate that Pippa has been thrust into all this media frenzy. She's cute, but there is nothing to back up her celebrity. I actually feel sorry for her that her every move is being scrutinized. Catherine had to expect it given who she was marrying, but the rest of the family should be able to live normal lives.

About the dress? Did the Middletons or the Queen pay for the dress? I thought that the wedding expenses were paid for by the Queen from her personal monies, although the Middletons did offer to pay a portion.

I think it is unfortunate that Pippa has been thrust into all this media frenzy. She's cute, but there is nothing to back up her celebrity. I actually feel sorry for her that her every move is being scrutinized. Catherine had to expect it given who she was marrying, but the rest of the family should be able to live normal lives.

About the dress? Did the Middletons or the Queen pay for the dress? I thought that the wedding expenses were paid for by the Queen from her personal monies, although the Middletons did offer to pay a portion.

I belevie that the Middton's paid for both girls dresses. As to your thoughts on Pippa I agree with you totaly.

I wouldn't worry about Pippa, I think that she enjoys the attention as does that dreadfully over-ambitious mother of theirs. Only my personal opinion.

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales attended
the Sunday service at Crathie Church nearby Balmoral Castle on September 18, 2011.

** zimbio gallery **

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales attended
the Sunday service at Crathie Church nearby Balmoral Castle on September 18, 2011.

** zimbio gallery **

Does anyone know who the lady is in the last two photos?

She looks a little like a friend of Prince Andrews. i cannot remember her name, but I have seen other pictures of her. But then .... I could be totally wrong. :)

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Earl of Wessex and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
attended a reception at Buckingham Palace in advance of the royal visit to the Commonwealth of Australia,
October 13, 2011.

Among the guests were members of the Australian community living in the UK and famous Australians like
Hugh Jackman, Elle Macpherson or Jason Donovan.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Last edited:
I do love HM. The single image is so lovely and he smile is so genuine. :) Nice to see the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, shame Sophie did not attend. I love the Queen's ensemble, purple suits her.

On a side note, Hugh Jackman is very attractive and I did forget he was Australian, nor did I know Elle Macpherson was Australian.

HM purple suit is absolutely beautiful. The shade really does look lovely on her. I do love the photograph with Hugh Jackman.

Last edited:
ooooh. i just wanted to sleep, i feel so bad today and now i see king costis here. i feel so much better now. thank you. but why is he having a cane? :ohmy::eek: is he ill? not hope so.:sad: queen looks like miss marple.

Thank you Iceflower for this post. This particular anniversary service had such a wonderful and historic significance and was certainly very well attended. HM looked absolutely lovely in her pale shell pink coat over a black and white polkadot dress. The matching pink hat with a contrast of the black band and floral assessories made this a very striking outfit.

Last edited:
Some info from Sky News' Paul Harrison
SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison
#royal #diamondjubilee so I arrive in the tweet suite and there are already journos in here. Nice chat with William and Kate...
47 minutes ago
#royal #diamondjubilee William had just come back from his Irish Sea: "I'm just part of the team" he told me #Kate "having a quiet night in"
#royal #diamondjubilee #William and #Kate were joined by Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. Wills and Kate split up to chat to media
From Fearne Cotton
Fearnecotton fearne cotton
Prince William is still a radio 1 listener which is good news. He has asked for a shout out tomorrow. I think I can manage that!
More:
britishroyals British Royals
RT @EamonnHolmes: Obviously I can't divulge what we chatted about - but William and Kate were also there - a stunning couple.
From Richard Palmer
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
William and Kate worked the room very well, I thought. She is very self-assured.
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
We were asked not to repeat conversations so sorry to be a bore but I'm going to respect their wishes.
A historic tweet - from the Buckngham Palace tweetsuite
https://twitter.com/#!/ruskin147/status/141220868402589698/photo/1
MajestyMagazine Joe Little
Just left the Palace after the most incredible evening. The Queen was on sparkling form and Prince William a delight to speak with.
MajestyMagazine Joe Little
The Duchess of Cambridge as delightful as you'd expect and ditto the Duchess of Cornwall, who was great fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intrigued and cannot wait to see some pictures of the said dress.

I hate this waiting :ROFLMAO:

Richard Palmer @royalreporter:

There are photos. Check out Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Homepage | Breaking news, sport, showbiz, pictures and video from the Daily and Sunday Express newspapers - updated 24/7 later if not already.

Lots of people tweeting to say much secrecy about conversations etc. but hopefully there will be lots of decent pictures:)

^I think your bang on with that one. The color the fabric everything matches to a tee.

Another photo of Kate
http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...HZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch
One of William
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...trlfour/docs/929/915.thm&fname=rtrlfour929915
On newscom type in Buckingham Palace if the links above don't work.
Tons more photos here
http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=k&remem=x&kw=cambridge&intv=None&shgroup=-10&sh=10
victoriaarbiter Victoria Arbiter
William + Kate's cheeky sense of humor came shining through in her dress choice for the night!
A brilliant balance has been set so far but I think Kate just reminded everyone who's in charge! : )
1 minute ago
Peace + love signs surely a tongue in cheek message to the press to continue to play so nicely!
1 minute ago
RoyalDickie Dickie Arbiter
Terrific evening at the Palace's media reception with HM & Prince Philip on cracking form. Good to meet old friends & make some new ones.
CamillaTominey Camilla Tominey
It's meant to be off the record but in general....
4 minutes ago
CamillaTominey Camilla Tominey
So Camilla is a gem and so is Kate...
Article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...isticated-Palace-party-daring-sea-rescue.html
Untagged photos
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Q5FbbA_B4VG/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Holds+Reception+Media+Mark

Alright that's all from me off to do my homework now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom