British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zara and Mike are there. This will then be a family event :)

Zara, Mike and it appears Catherine and William are attending the Cheltenham Gold Cup today.

Fingers crossed! Zara and Mike arrive at Cheltenham to cheer on the £12,000 racehorse the Royal said her husband was 'an idiot' to buy | Mail Online

@RegalEyes: Correction:dark chocolate brown accessories for Kate. Hat she recently wore to wedding in Arosa and new coat. Hedging bets it's pinky/camel

@RoyalReporter: It's odds on William and Kate will be at Cheltenham but if so, there privately. Race officials are expecting them.

@HRHDuchesskate: Kate at Cheltenham today :) Duchess Kate: Kate in Joseph Coat For Cheltenham + Upcoming Engagement

Kate Middleton's in the pink! Duchess of Cambridge wears coat to match complexion at Cheltenham races | Mail Online

Last edited:
Good to see Their Royal Highnesses attend the races. Now only if we can get them to attend Royal Ascot, lol.

Nice video of them arriving and of Princess Anne and Phillips's.

Looks like the rumours were right.I wonder if they may present any of the trophys in a few hours
The big race has now begun. They are there to cheer on Mike and Zara's horse which is competing in the race right now.
Aw they're horse didn't win. Too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
The festival ends at around 5 pm uk time . the final race has now begun. Am guessing since a trophy is presented after each race the Duke and Duchess won't be presenting any trophies.

Last edited:
Poor Monbeg Dude failed to finish. Well the race is now over for another year nice to see so many members on the final day

The festival ends at around 5 pm uk time . the final race has now begun. Am guessing since a trophy is presented after each race the Duke and Duchess won't be presenting any trophies.

They were there privately not in an official capacity.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge will join the Queen and Prince Philip at Baker Street station today to mark 150 years of the London Underground

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate and the #Queen visit Baker Street Underground station this morning - Queen's first engagement meeting public since illness

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate and the #Queen will unveil a plaque naming a new train 'Queen Elizabeth II' #tube #bakerstreet

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror The Queen, Prince Philip and Kate will visit Baker Street underground station today to celebrate 150 years of the underground

With the way HM has been feeling lately, should we be surprised to see a little old lady in a hoodie in the crowd that sneaks onto the train when everyone else is looking elsewhere? Had to remark on this as it does remind me of the book "Mrs. Queen Takes The Train". :D

Seriously though, it will be wonderful to see Kate alongside HM and the DoE. It should make for some good pictures.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Queen, Prince Philip, and the Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at Baker Street station.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate the Queen and Philip have arrived. Kate in teal coat

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #queen and #Kate arrive at Baker Street tube pic.twitter.com/yFKTU3owUy

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Malene Birger coat for Kate.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate wearing Malene Birger coat pic.twitter.com/tbWdYklwa5

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror The Queen at Baker Street today http://lockerz.com/s/287612916

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate on platform at Baker Street pic.twitter.com/kKmh3yx6I0

Last edited:
It's interesting that HM keeps inviting Kate to joint engagements like this. Is it to support Kate and indicate HM's confidence in her? To smooth the transition Kate has had to make into her new position in the RF? Or simply that she enjoys Kate's company? Most likely a combination of all three I suppose.

Did HM do many joint engagements with Diana/Fergie/Sophie when they joined the Firm? I don't particularly remember HM doing this sort of thing all that much, although I was born in 1985 so really only remember Sophie's joining the RF.

Well, The queen did joint engagements with Diana of course. Diana was The Princess of Wales. I really don't remember much about Sarah's early engagements. Sophie do accompany The Queen on private engagements at like at Buckingham Palace, Windsor and Sandringham.

I think it's very special that The Queen & Catherine like doing official engagements together. It's like The Queen really want to bring the future royals forward.

^^^ she didn't. I am wondering if she isn't taking a different route to see if it helps Catherine transform into her roll better than Diana or Sarah did.

I think that's what she's doing. Catherine & Sophie is given more support than what Diana & Sarah received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom