The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
I love seeing the Queens smile when she passes Harry. That isn't the Queen smilling but a very proud grandmother. It made me smile to see their interaction. What a beautiful day!
exactly, the image not was the queen-an official the image was a pround grandmother watching to her grandson
none spencer in the graducatoin, well, not is strane, none spencer in william graduation from st andrews either.
The spencer are half family of william and harry and may be the relation is more private, this was a event very formal, not was a family event like the diana fountain day or william and harry birthdays.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1144860568

Who's talking with the PoW in this pic?
I'm not very acquainted with the BRF so please help me:o

Old 04-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow :) :)

Don't the Royal Family all look so happy and relaxed. The photo of the Queen in front of Harry say's it all

They really are a cold, stiff and formal lot! (I got frostbite just looking at the photo's )

Yeah, right!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
I love seeing the Queens smile when she passes Harry. That isn't the Queen smilling but a very proud grandmother. It made me smile to see their interaction. What a beautiful day!
Harry seemed to like it too, judging from his expression.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1144860568

Who's talking with the PoW in this pic?
I'm not very acquainted with the BRF so please help me:o
He is no one from BRF. It is General Sir Michael Jackson.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:52 AM
Courtier

lovely pictures , prince charles must be a proud father .
Old 04-13-2006, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Images from ukpress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Parade_100-UKP.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	238038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Parade_102-UKP.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	238039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Parade_105-UKP.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	238040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Parade_106-UKP.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	238041  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry_Parade_109-UKP.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	238042  
Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This was a really nice family event for the Windsors.

I love the fact that Harry was grinning from ear to ear while his grandmother was 'inspecting' him and everyone else was so stone faced. There seems to be a lot of love there.

I imagine the families of the young men around Harry can't believe their luck that the press got so many pics of THEIR sons. Yes, I know, Harry was the star attraction, but it had to be a welcome surprise that their boys got their pics in the press. I know my family would be saving all these pics if one of ours had been standing next to Harry. :)

The BRF website has a nice write up of the event:

Harry's passing out
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Article from HELLO
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...3/princeharry/
Old 04-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks for the article mandyy. I love this quote from the article:

Quote:
The 21-year-old's face went bright red and a broad grin spread across his face as the Queen, who was inspecting all the new officers passing out from the institution, stopped in front of her grandson and said: "Now here's a face I recognise!".
No wonder Harry turned bright red.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

I enjoyed the pix. And if I were Harry I doubt I could keep from grinning as well. It must be so surreal having the Queen for a grandmother, especially inspecting you with other army officers.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
Does anyone know how close the princes are to the spencers? I don't think they would want to be anywhere near charles and camilla just a guess.
I can understand that the Spencers may dislike Charles and Camilla for hurting their sister, but they are adults and they should put their nephews above such dislike and be there to support William and Harry. (Charles and Camilla invited Earl Spencer to their wedding didn't they?)

This day wasn't at about Charles and Camilla even though they were there. It was very much about Harry, and as others have pointed out, although it was an official event, there was a very family-oriented feel to this event, especially between the Queen and her grandson.

In the end the Spencers are hurting themselves more -- they are not enabling William and Harry to learn more about their maternal side of the family, and if either of these boys (or both) become distant from the Spencer family it will be because the Spencers didn't try to keep their ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
none spencer in the graducatoin, well, not is strane, none spencer in william graduation from st andrews either.
The spencer are half family of william and harry and may be the relation is more private, this was a event very formal, not was a family event like the diana fountain day or william and harry birthdays.
None of the Spencers have shown up for William and Harry's birthdays in recent years. I think the Spencer women are relatively private, but Earl Spencer is hardly a private individual. He is often in Hello! as is his ex-wife.

Obviously the Spencers garner less attention than the Windsor side of the family, but it would've been nice to see at least one representative of the family at Willilam's graduation from St. Andrews or Harry's graduation from Sandhurst.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know how much of a limit there is on the number of relatives who can be invited to the passing out. The closest relations he has among the Spencers these days are aunts and uncles, and I don't know if they'd be close enough to get invited.

I hope, if it was possible to invite them, that they would have been invited.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have never thought the Spencers and the boys to be close. There mother wasnt too close to them after all and its not like being close to the spencers will bring their mothers comfort back. IMO, the Waleses boys are smarter then to hang out with their uncle and if they do hang out with the other spencers its probably low key and not very often.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Its never been proven that Charles and Camilla did invite Earl Spencer to their wedding...and if so, I would consider that extremely tacky and am not surprised that he choose not to attend.

We don't know if the Spencers were invited...but if that is the case...why wouldn't he invite is paternal aunt and uncles as well. What is the actual number of invites that each graduate were allowed? William was there because he also attends Sandhurst, the Queen and Prince Phillip because its HER parade, and Charles and Camilla as his father/stepmother. That's really two invites. Was Tiggy there to see him or another graduate?
Old 04-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Its never been proven that Charles and Camilla did invite Earl Spencer to their wedding...and if so, I would consider that extremely tacky and am not surprised that he choose not to attend.

We don't know if the Spencers were invited...but if that is the case...why wouldn't he invite is paternal aunt and uncles as well. What is the actual number of invites that each graduate were allowed? William was there because he also attends Sandhurst, the Queen and Prince Phillip because its HER parade, and Charles and Camilla as his father/stepmother. That's really two invites. Was Tiggy there to see him or another graduate?
I am pretty sure he was invited as is proper protocal and it is also proper protocal for him to be "busy" on that day and unfortunatly not be able to attend. Stupid really but thats how it works. I am also pretty sure that Harry was allowed eight guests but I could be wrong.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Courtier

more from Sandhurst, photos by AP/Leftaris Pitarakis

photos by AP/Dylan Martinez, AP/James Vellacott
Old 04-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Courtier

the princes with their WWII veteran grandfather, Prince Philip (Tim Graham/getty images)

Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Awsome pics ! :)
Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 PM

great pictures! It's nice to see them with their grandfather.

Tags
british royal family