Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 3: January-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saskatchewan Lieutenant Governor Gordon Barnhart,left, greets Princess Anne at the airport as she arrives in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, on Friday, June 1, 2007. The Princess is on a trip to help celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Royal Regina Rifles in which she is the Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment.

pics from AP via Yahoo

You are welcome as always, Skydragon and Avalon ,and what you've both said about her clothes is what I had
thought as well when posting :)
I think I HAVE seen her wearing similar things like these before, and it always makes me smile, but in a positive
way, she has her special "Anne style" and that makes her very likable in my eyes, even if I would never ever
wear these clothes myself ;) :)

Pic 2.6.2007

On Saturday Anne was the lady in red ;) :)

Princess Anne, of England, the colonel-in-chief of the regiment, inspects Royal Regina Rifles to mark unit's
100th anniversary in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, on Saturday June 2, 2007. AP PHOTO/CP --> Pic

And here's an article about her activities on Sunday:

Princess Anne meets with families of fallen soldiers

What on earth has she done to her hair? She needs a new hair dresser right away. Or at least some heavy duty conditioner!

iceflower said:
On Saturday Anne was the lady in red ;) :)
Thank you for the picture and article. Although a little bright for my taste, the colour and fit suits her and as a result, she looks sensational! :flowers:

I love the outfit but it's very very 80s, especially the hat. I wonder if Her Royal Highness will ever get rid of the shoulder pads?

Heavens, what is happening to the world, do you mean to say they are out of fashion! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

:lol: Shoulder pads have been out of fashion since that Dynasty-fuelled come back in the 80s. I actually have a friend who sews them into her clothes and I tell her all the time, "Take them out, you look like a bloke". Not that I'm suggesting Princess Anne looks like a man, but the shoulder pad era is definately over. They suited Joan Crawford, they don't suit Anne.

BeatrixFan said:
:lol: Shoulder pads have been out of fashion since that Dynasty-fuelled come back in the 80s. I actually have a friend who sews them into her clothes and I tell her all the time, "Take them out, you look like a bloke". Not that I'm suggesting Princess Anne looks like a man, but the shoulder pad era is definately over. They suited Joan Crawford, they don't suit Anne.

:ROFLMAO: :lol: This is hilarious. Anne is a classic example of a royal set in her ways, this is what she's always worn, how she's always done it, it works, leave her alone! :D She won't hear any word about it from anyone -- not the staff, not you or you or even her children -- especially not her children! ;) Here is my theory on Anne getting ready for an engagement:

"Ok, I've got my shoes -- they fit, I can walk in them, they don't look too worn, do they? Right, all set. Purse -- big enough to carry all the essentials? Does it match the shoes, the skirt? Good then, now, the hair.... brush it through, pin it up, jolly good then, let's roll!" :lol:

BeatrixFan, I meant to tell you, I love your new avatar. That color on Camilla is ravishing.

Last edited:
:lol: That's exactly how I imagined Anne to prepare for an engagement. She doesn't seem at all vain which is most endearing.

Thanks for the avatar compliment - I agree with you, the colour is gorge.

BeatrixFan said:
:lol: Shoulder pads have been out of fashion since that Dynasty-fuelled come back in the 80s.
I don't think they are completely out of fashion, my new trouser suit has them, although not as padded as they were in the 80's. They help retain the shape and drape of the jacket. ;)

Fashionable or not, I thought Anne looked really smart. :flowers:

Well, as long as she doesn't start going for Imelda Marcos shoulders I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

Pic 8.6.2007

Another dress to discuss ;) - Anne visited the UK Sailing Academy at Cowes this afternoon to launch a "unique maritime training degree":

Here you can see a little pic ---> Anne in blue
..and an article about that event --> PRINCESS VISITS YACHTING MECCA

Thank You for the picture and articles iceflower! :flowers:

Mmmmm, not sure about this one, nice military styling I suppose! :lol:

Poor Anne, she is probably like the majority of us, although the fall probably hurt her physically, the embarrassment hurt more!

I hope she is not too sore today and I hope the official has learned a valuable lesson in how not to grab a female!

You always feel bad when someone falls, but for the Royals it is so bad. I hope that she is not hurt.

How awful. I hope HRH wasn't hurt. Very embarrassing for all concerned.

Skydragon said:
Poor Anne, she is probably like the majority of us, although the fall probably hurt her physically, the embarrassment hurt more!

I hope she is not too sore today and I hope the official has learned a valuable lesson in how not to grab a female!
I know, definitely. The thing that's worse about falling like that, worse than the humiliation, is how it hurts! You know you always come away with some scrap or something, and it burns, and it just irks you like crazy..... Well, that's what happens to me anyway. I'm the clumsiest person I know, often tripping over something, and it hurts, and I just get mad, mainly at myself, but every now and then it comes out at the wrong innocent soul who only meant to help! :lol:

Either she was on pain killers or she didn't get too hurt, she looked fine at the Household Cavalry Pageant tonight! :flowers:

Whoops! I felt embarrassed for her when I saw the pictures but hey, it could happen to any of us. Only difference is it wouldn't make the papers!

Well it is an unspoken rule that one doesn't touch a Royal person. He shouldn't have grabbed her the way he did.

Not just a royal, if some male had grabbed me in that way as I fell, husband included, he would have recieved much the same response!

It makes it so much worse, as you start to slip you angle your body and then some complete idiot ensures you fall straight on your coccyx! :bounce:

I know Anne has a reputation for being abrupt, but on this occasion I think it was just a reaction. She was obviously embarassed and probably just wanted to get up without too much attention. (Although I think it was very kind of the man to help her, regardless of whether he was meant to or not).

...sOfIa.... said:
I know Anne has a reputation for being abrupt, but on this occasion I think it was just a reaction. She was obviously embarassed and probably just wanted to get up without too much attention. (Although I think it was very kind of the man to help her, regardless of whether he was meant to or not).
Mr Skydragon says the chap was just being a gentleman, but Mr Skydragon should remember what can happen to such helpful gentlemen! :ROFLMAO:

It makes you wonder what happened after the public walkabout. I know the protoccol is not to touch the "person" of a royal, but at the same time, you want to believe that common decency to help another person in distress should win out.

Sometimes you wonder if blind adherence to these rules actually diminishes the public standing of the royals. :cool:

Lady Bluffton said:
Sometimes you wonder if blind adherence to these rules actually diminishes the public standing of the royals. :cool:
I don't think it was just the royal 'don't touch', it was sheer embarrassment and the fact that his attempt to help made a bad situation worse. Most women of Anne's age would I think have acted the same way.

If he had stopped the fall, with any woman it would have been all smiles and thank you's, he didn't. For all we know Anne said to him afterwards, thanks for trying, but that isn't something the mail would bother reporting. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom