Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 3: January-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...sOfIa.... said:
I posted this pic in the loving looks and gestures thread. I don't think there are any major problems between Anne and her husband;)

dancing:flowers:

(picture from Hola.com)
They're certainly dancing close together, aren't they?

Princess Royal accused of snubbing children

A furious gran claims dozens of schoolchildren were left in tears after being snubbed by the Princess Royal during her visit to Sunderland yesterday.
Linda Roy says the scores of six-year-olds who stood in the cold to welcome Princess Anne to Sunderland were left distraught when she "ignored" them.

Linda, 49, accompanied her six-year-old grandson Cameron and his classmates from Hylton Castle Primary to wave flags and cheer on the Princess's arrival.

But she says many of the youngsters burst in to tears when the princess failed to even say hello.
http://www.sunderlandtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2092945&SectionID=1107

:ermm: :neutral: :ohmy:

ysbel said:
They're certainly dancing close together, aren't they?
ysbel.... that isn't 'close'. :rolleyes: :lol:

Skydragon said:
It is a nice picture, I'm sorry I should have said that. :flowers: I do think Anne and Tim had problems for a while and it does appear that they have reached an understanding. It is even possible that out of this understanding, they realised that they rub along well together. :flowers:

You're right, sorry if my post came accross a bit 'harsh' :cool:

Btw, could someone perhaps provide a link (if there are any) for me to find out how Anne and Tim met. Did he work at The Palace, or am I completely wrong? :rolleyes:
Thanks!

The hardest working royal next to the queen. I always love to read about and see pictures of Princess Anne, a tireless, no nonsense woman for sure:flowers:

Thanks for pics, iceflower.She looked really enjoy the game, looking at her pointing and exciting of her face.

...sOfIa.... said:
You're right, sorry if my post came accross a bit 'harsh' :cool:

Btw, could someone perhaps provide a link (if there are any) for me to find out how Anne and Tim met. Did he work at The Palace, or am I completely wrong? :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Here's a link.

Thanks for sharing this link Elspeth. It was interesting to know the story of how Princess Anne and Tim Laurence met. I really didn't know anything about his background. Again thanks for sharing.

kelly1972 said:
Thanks for sharing this link Elspeth. It was interesting to know the story of how Princess Anne and Tim Laurence met. I really didn't know anything about his background. Again thanks for sharing.

Tim was an equerry for Queen Elizabeth II so he worked at the palace and attended official events. Equerries come from the military ( Tim's a career naval officer) and are seconded to work at the palace for a certain length of time. ( Peter Townsend I think was an equerry too)
Tim and Anne met during the time she was married to Mark Philips and a scandal broke when a briefcase went missing which contained 'affectionate notes' from Tim to Anne. Anne and Mark Philips separated soon afterwards ( Mark Philips had also been unfaithful as he had fathered a child with a woman in New Zealand) Anne and Tim were very discrete there was no real publicity that they were seeing each other until the announcement that they were getting married.

Pics 14.3.2007

Princess Anne, Princess Royal attends the second day of Cheltenham Races on March 14, 2007 in Gloucestershire, England

Anne 1
Anne 2
Anne 3

The second photo, that is Camilla's ex, yes?

Odd pairing. Charles' sister with his wife's former husband.

That's right, Suonymona, it's Camilla's ex husband, but it's not that odd ;)

It was said that Anne and Andrew Parker-Bowles had an affair in the early 1970s, maybe it's only been a normal friendship, but that shows that they know each other for a very long time, plus: Andrew Parker-Bowles is the owner of a race horse stable and Anne always had a lot to do with horses...:)

I don't know about an affair, but Anne and Parker Bowles used to date, before he married Camilla.

iceflower said:
Princess Anne on the final day of Cheltenham Festival on March 16, 2007 in Gloucestershire, England.

At one time, pre Camilla, it was thought that she might marry AP-B. I think this was before everyone realised he was Catholic.

Princess Anne opens Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre

Princess Anne flew into the district by helicopter last week to officially open a rehabilitation centre for ex-racehorses in Halton.
Along with patrons and invited guests, the Princess Royal attended the Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre at Whinney Hill last Thursday, where she watched a demonstration by senior staff with commentary by chief trainer Julie Robinson, before unveiling a commemorative plaque.

Ah, the Royals. It can be quite a small and overlapping world!

Thanks for the info on Mr. Parker-Bowles.

Pics 24.3.2007

Princess Anne, Princess Royal and her son Peter look on during the show jumping competition at the British Eventing Gatcombe Horse Trials sponsored by Land Rover on March 24, 2007 at Gatcombe Park in Minchinhampton, England

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

For a Windsor, Peter is quite dashing.
The younger Royal generation seems to be outgrowing the rather hard features of their parents and uncles/aunt.

wymanda said:
At one time, pre Camilla, it was thought that she might marry AP-B. I think this was before everyone realised he was Catholic.

Princess Anne and Andrew were on good terms way after their respective marriages. Indeed, Andrew Parker Bowles was one of Zara's Godparents.

Last edited:
Pics 29.3.2007

HRH Princess Anne delivers her address during the fifth Commonwealth Study Conference, entitled Working together for Inclusive Growth and Development in New Delhi, 29 March 2009.

Anne 1
Anne 2

Thank you very much for those latest pictures, Iceflower. :flowers:
Princess Anne fits perfectly with the summit, she looks so buisness like!

Pics 3.4.2007

You are most welcome, Avalon :flowers: here are the newest pics:

03.04.2007: Visit of the Princess Royal to Nottingham to open the newly remade Market Square.

Anne 1
Anne 2

Thats a good colour on Anne but she should spark up her makeup a bit--either define her eyes or mouth. Otherwise she looks rather washed-out.

Princess Anne supports disabled yachtsman

Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal showed her support for disabled yachtsman Geoff Holt at the launch of a challenge he refers to as his 'Personal Everest'. Disabled as the result of a swimming accident when he was only 18 years old, Geoff now 40, announced that he intends to be the first disabled person to sail solo around the coast of Great Britain, a voyage of over 1600 miles. ------> Picture

I Love that Article Being disabled myself I Hope If shes still around when William and Henry have Children they BOTH make her a Godmother

Princess opens city's £7m square

Princess Anne has officially opened Nottingham's revamped Old Market Square as part of a royal visit to the city. She unveiled a plaque commemorating the occasion before attending a special tea dance at the Council House.
The princess will be invited to plant the final flowers in new flowerbeds at the square.

Anne unveils seafront plaque

THE red carpet was rolled out in Lyme Regis as Princess Anne officially opened the town's multi-million pound environmental improvements scheme.
She opened phase two of the West Dorset District Council scheme, offering long-term protection for homes and businesses against destructive landslides, coastal erosion and storm damage.
Speaking as she unveiled a plaque on the seafront, Princess Anne said: "My congratulations go to everybody who has been involved and also to the residents of Lyme Regis for their patience and courtesy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom