The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
so... they are unsealing the will? What would he gain from that?
Not so far they're not. He has only won the right to go to court to try to get the will's unsealed. He seems to be under the impression that Princess Margaret left a fund and wish for him to know the truth, written in her will.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Has somebody told him to take his meds? That is sheer lunacy!!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

Can't Princess Margaret just rest in peace... I don't know this for a fact, but it seems the princess felt slighted in life, second best to her sister, couldn't marry her "true love" (although I do believe she and Lord Snowdon were in love with each other), is recognized as being an extraordinary talent, but tales of snooty behaviour, some may say she was downright rude, seem to get top billing over the good she did whilst she was alive.....However, in the most important job in the world, she was perhaps far superior than anyone thought--her children are intelligent, have really stayed out of the public eye when they have wanted too (I truly think Sarah Chatto could be sitting next to me on the tube and I probably wouldn't know--I think David Linley likes the spotlight more than his sister) and deeply loved their mother-footage from her funeral makes that abundantly clear. I can't look at photos from Lady Sarah at her mother's funeral to this day--she breaks my heart. For all of the drama during the Snowdons marriage, their children seemed to have maintained strong relations with their parents. You've never heard them speak ill of their parents. In fact, in interviews I've read with Lord LInley, he speaks almost reverently about both of them. Lady Sarah and Lord Linley seem loyal to the Queen and get along well with their cousins (Lady Sarah is godmother to Lady Louise and Prince Harry) and I believe David and Serena Linley named their son after Prince Charles. They respect where they came from but live their own lives. In all of the books I've read on Princess Margaret--that was her goal. Wasn't her quote "my children aren't royal, they just happen to have the Queen for an aunt"

I have a hard time believing this man could possibly be her son.
Can't she finally rest in peace?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

I have just seen a movie about the life of Princess Margaret. I think this was that very controversial movie(dont know who directed it, I've missed the beginning); it certainly had a lot of controversial scenes....
My personal opinion is that Princess Margaret could have led a different(less controversial life) but it just didnt work out for her. It was a difficult era, many changes in social, economical life and she was swept away by the swirl. I agree that her children are very succesful in their lives. At least I guess so.
And here they are:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...hunknown1a.jpg
Old 02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she did try to live a different life, but realized that the media glare and attention prevented her from doing that. So she accepted her place in the family later in her life.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 PM

*Friday, 8 February 2002: In the afternoon, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon suffered a stroke and was taken to King Edward VII Hospital ("Sister Agnes" hospital to the royal family).
*Saturday, 9 February 2002: @ 6:30 am, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon dies in her sleep @ the hospital.

Gallery
*Friday, 15 February 2002: The family paying respects to Princess Margaret in Windsor
*Wednesday, 19 February 2002: Service at Westminster Abbey to give thanks for the life of Princess Margaret
(Picture sources: Corbis & Rex)

Queen Mother determined to be at funeral - Telegraph

Buckingham Palace press releases > Funeral arrangements for HRH The Princess Margaret

BBC NEWS | UK | Princess Margaret dies
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know about the lady standing beside Princess Margaret? Is she 10th Duchess of Marlborough, Lady Alexandra Mary Cadogan?

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3488/0861111sq6.jpg

thanks. :)
Old 04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Maybe it's already been mentioned, but is there any truth to the story behind the movie "The Bank Job" ? Very entertaining movie by the way !
Old 05-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Aristocracy

A few of my most favorite images of the late Princess Margaret (we'll always remember her ... )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SR6066.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	262933   Click image for larger version

Name:	cute margot.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	262934   Click image for larger version

Name:	amazing !.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	262935   Click image for larger version

Name:	beautiful margot.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	262936  

Click image for larger version

Name:	a cute margot !!.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	262938  
Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

I've always thought Pss Margaret was an adorable little girl.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I agree, she was so precious
Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Majesty

She was so tiny and extra-ordinarily beautiful, like a doll. My all time favorite photo is the one Beaton took of her on her 21st birthday. Exquisite.

I am so sad that the Princess never found fulfillment in love. She was a true Leo, and Leonine personalities wilt and die if they are not happy in love.

On the more humorous note I have a vintage issue of Paris Match from about 1958 and the Princess's name was being bandied about as a possible bride for the young King of the Belgians, Baudouin. The very thought of such a match makes me giggle...wild, party loving flamboyant Margaret with the ascetic and almost priestly Baudouin! They would have driven one another mad!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Just after Christmas 1996, Tony Snowdon phoned his secret lover of 20 years, Ann Hills, announcing himself as usual by a coded name in case anyone was listening in.

The unrepentant lothario: Lord Snowdon and his insatiable appetite for sex | Mail Online
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
A beautiful child and adult. I saw her on her wedding day and I don´t think I have ever seen such a beautiful bride. I always think of her under her childhood name of Princess Margaret Rose, it suited her beautifully.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Some people go way back ! :P * just teasing * ... does anyone else have any vivid recollections of past royals they'd like to share with the rest of us ?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Just after Christmas 1996, Tony Snowdon phoned his secret lover of 20 years, Ann Hills, announcing himself as usual by a coded name in case anyone was listening in.

The unrepentant lothario: Lord Snowdon and his insatiable appetite for sex | Mail Online
That's a hell of a thing to live with for the rest of your life!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The very people who decry the "yellow press" use it when it works to their advantage. Who knows what makes Snowdon tick. Margaret was self-centered, but that could not be helped, she was raised that way. Her Grandmother, Queen Mary, felt that way. She had a less than stellar life, but she did raise two marvelous children. She is dead, so let her rest in peace.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The very people who decry the "yellow press" use it when it works to their advantage.
Here we call them the Red tops, but I fail to see how this article works to anyone's advantage. Most people post articles that come to their notice whether they are good or bad (in their opinion).
Old 06-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Here we call them the Red tops, but I fail to see how this article works to anyone's advantage. Most people post articles that come to their notice whether they are good or bad (in their opinion).
I found it interesting to be informed about a new biography about Lord Snowdon and to get a glimpse in which way these very private details are handled. I think it would be worth reading the book if you're interested in a picture of the time when princess Margaret and Snowdon were young and very much in fashion. Alas, both got older and of course while this is not as spectacular to read it is an important part of their lifes and needed to round it up. I sometimes wonder if the queen ever reads biographies (the more serious ones) of people she has known or knew and what she makes of that reading? I wonder eg if she ever read the Dimbleby-book about Charles to learn more of his side of the story and if she read one of the serious attempts to research her sister's life? She surely knows that she is in many ways sheltered from real life and such books could be a way to find out more.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen just might read biographies. I read one about a person I knew and I found myself writing in the margin. Things like, that is not true blah blah blah, or it happened like this... I wonder if my copy will end up in a second hand bookstore and someone will be interested and think "who on earth wrote this?".
I did once find a book about the ascent of Nanda Devi written by a third person and the margin was full of these little notes, I am sure they were written by someone who had taken part in the climb. Unfortunately someone borrowed it and committed, from my point of view, the no 1 deadly sin, did not return it.

Tags
countess of snowdon, princess margaret, wedding