State Visit from Austria - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly do not think that her (green) dress fits her wrong. I think it has everything to do with her posture. She has a tendancy to walk with her shoulders slumped over/foward. If you do not hold yourself upright with good posture, even the best, well tailored, custom clothes will look ill fitting. And I think this is what her problem is with this dress.
And then the picture of her in the black dress by herself looks horrid with her posture.
she is such a natural beauty no matter what her current size is, I just wish she would hold herself or carry herself with more pride.

In either case, I'm glad to see them out and about. It's been awhile.

Her_Majesty said:
Yes , I agree.
Have a look at this site: http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/kongelige_mm_daisy.html
Scroll down to the bottomof the site and you'll find a side-view of the green dress worn by Mette-Marit. It looks much too tight! :ermm:

Maybe she was just taking a deep breath when that side picture was taken??? She does seem to be popping out...but otherwise the dress does not look tight at all. And the color looks lovely on her.

Last edited:
Atene said:
Agree with you dazzling! In that picture the dress dosent fit her too well. I have to take back, what I wrote that she look beautiful in the dress. But green is a really great colour on here:)

I really don´t know what your problem is! It´s a beautiful gown and the Cpss looks elegant and simply great in it!!!

wartenberg7 said:
I really don´t know what your problem is! It´s a beautiful gown and the Cpss looks elegant and simply great in it!!!

My problem ??

Tonight's event

left to right Norwegian Crown princess Mette-Marit, Crown prince Haakon, Queen Sonja and King Harald with the Austrian presidential couple, Heinz and Margit Fischer prior to the dinner given by the Austrians in the Grand Hotel in Oslo during the Austrian state visit to Norway Wednesday, 18 April

Group Picture

Mette-Marit: Nice new dress. I like it.
Sonja: Another dress she recycled 200 times. It must be one of her favourites. I'm glad it's no Tiara event , because she usually wears this ugly Modern Topez Tiara with this dress. ;)
Mrs. Fischer: Black again. :ermm:

I love the dress Mette-Marit is wearing! Love the cut and color on her...so refreshing from her usual dark colors. Lovely!
Thanks Her Majesty for the picture!

Mette Marit looks absloutly beautiful tonight. She is in a new dress, which does flatter her body very well & its also something different from what she always heads for.

Well, I liked the green dress maybe I'm in the minority on that. I personally think the reason it didn't look as good as it should have was a combo of bad posture(one of my personal pet peeves) and also bad camera angles. I mean the camera was right on top of her and in one pic right on her back. I would have loved to have seen some pics from further away and pics that really showed the entire dress.

I also like very much the dress from tonight it is gorgeous on her and I love her shoes.

sesa said:
I honestly do not think that her (green) dress fits her wrong. I think it has everything to do with her posture. She has a tendancy to walk with her shoulders slumped over/foward. If you do not hold yourself upright with good posture, even the best, well tailored, custom clothes will look ill fitting. And I think this is what her problem is with this dress.
And then the picture of her in the black dress by herself looks horrid with her posture.
she is such a natural beauty no matter what her current size is, I just wish she would hold herself or carry herself with more pride.

In either case, I'm glad to see them out and about. It's been awhile.

I couldnt agree anymore. That is very true. It all depends how you hold yourself up. The ugliest outfits wont look so bad either. she needs to carry her self straighter.

Some more pictures from yesterday:

Haakon & Sonja
Haakon & Mette-Marit
Mette-Marit
Outfits

Picture Gallery from Aftenposten :
Palace gala - Aftenposten.no

Edit: Some more pictures from Polfoto:flowers: (Polfoto has a lot more pictures of the State Visit)

Arrival
Dronning
Sonja and Mette
Sonja and Mette ( I really like this picture.. the tall Princess and the small Queen :lol: )
Royal Family

Yesterday:
Arriving for Luch (Love Mette's coat!)
Crown Prince and Crown Princess

Yesterday evening:
Haakon and Sonja

Mette-Marit
Pregnant??? (nice dress.. just look at her belly .. maybe it's my fantasy :lol: )
Mette and Haakon

Last edited:
must say I like the light green short dress she wore, she looks really good in it ! ! the black dress or skirt and top she wore for the luncheon , was nice as well ! cant say Im a fan of the white coat , but the other coats she wore for the vist where very flattering !!

I liked the white coat and outfit for the arrival. The gown looked fine to me and I liked the color. I didn't like the other outfit.

BERGEN 20070419 -This is where the money is, said Chief Geologist Ole Martinsen when he guided Queen Sonja of Norway and the wife of the president of Austria, Mrs. Margit Fischer the premises of the Hydro Research Centre in the city of Bergen, Norway, April 19, 2007. The President of Austria Heinz Fischer and his wife Margit is on a State Visit to Norway

Dronning Sonja & Mrs. Fischer
another Picture

I wonder if these matching outfits were planned..:rolleyes:

dazzling said:
I couldnt agree anymore. That is very true. It all depends how you hold yourself up. The ugliest outfits wont look so bad either. she needs to carry her self straighter.
I wonder if her poor posture has to do with being very tall. Being tall myself, when your young, you often try to duck down to the heights of other people your age. I know my posture isn't great.

kwanfan said:
I wonder if her poor posture has to do with being very tall. Being tall myself, when your young, you often try to duck down to the heights of other people your age. I know my posture isn't great.

I get what your saying, very well could be. Being tall myself, i tend to duck down without realizing.its a very bad habit. but height does play a role:) Im not saying it bad, actually i think its nice, being tall but not too tall, often outfits tend to look nicer. I think she should just walk with a straighter back, itll make a difference.

Can anyone tell if Mette-Marit's earrings from the first gala are new? I'm looking at this picture ANP Beeldbank and they don't look familiar.

kwanfan said:
Can anyone tell if Mette-Marit's earrings from the first gala are new? I'm looking at this picture ANP Beeldbank and they don't look familiar.

Im not familiar with the Royal jewl's but they look new, i mean ive not seen her wear them before, and i must say, theyre beautiful!

My close Norwegian friend who lives in Bergen met Queen Sonja today.
She was on her way back home and remembered Sonja was in town today.
She met her in Osteroy/Valestrand (I've been there, too. Yeah :p ). I guess she wanted to make me jealous... she sent me messages and called me when she saw the Queen and Mrs. Fischer.:lol:
Her little brother and his class met Dronning Sonja later. I'll see if I spot him in any pictures....

Last edited:
IMO Mette-Marit has looked fabulous recently. I loved her dresses for the visit from Austria. Both parties seem to have enjoyed the visit

Thanks everyone for the pictures! I really love Mette's dress, but sometimes the way she stands, her posture, ruins a perfectly great photograph. But perhaps it's her height... She was beautiful though! Sonja too!

kwanfan said:
I don't know about the ear-rings, but it looks like Mette-Marit has taken after Märtha Louise in something. Notice the heart tied to the order?

queenofcelts said:
Mette-Marit
Pregnant??? (nice dress.. just look at her belly .. maybe it's my fantasy :lol: )
Not only yours....She looks very pregnant:lol:

Hmmm ... I think it's just a shadow .... :ermm:

queenofcelts said:
Mette-Marit
Not only yours....She looks very pregnant:lol:

I think she was thin when she got married and now since having children she has put on a little weight so not every photo shot will be very flattering , thats all , ( I think she looks fab !! , ) pregnant she doesnt look .

fanletizia said:
From left Queen Sonja and King Harald of Norway and the President of Austria, Heinz Fischer and wife Margit during a visit to the home of Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg in Bergen, Norway, April 19, 2007.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I've been living 10 meters away from this place last summer. :w00t:
I guess my little cute guest-brother was in this group of children ANP Beeldbank.;)

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00320/Dronning_Sonja_Berg_320876c.jpg
I love this picture. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom