Engagement of Prince Ali and Rym Brahimi: April 2004 - News & Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is he brining to the table? She has a career, and a very powerful father. He has?
he's bringing bad hair, a genetic propensity to have short kids and a huge sunglass collection. ;)

sorry but being the prince of a country with as many problems as Jordan is like being the prince of the dark side of the moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe Ali is really going to marry her. She looks much older than him, also she is soo plain. I dont like her

Please be kind. How many of us aren't plain?

I think Rym would disagree with you. I'm sure to her, all those things are trivial. I don't know what happened with his hair, but it was nicer years ago. As I have mentioned before, some of KH kids have more of his genes than others it seems. Sorry about the crack I made about Rym's teeth. I still think she's pretty.

can't anyone see that he's damn sexy ? I wonder whAT YOUR PLAIN US GUYS DO LOOK LIKE ....... SORRY, JUST MY OPINION, RYM WAS SO DAMN LUCKY AND SHE KNOWS...... THAT'S WHY SHE LEFT CNN. SORRY FOR MY PC......

I thought Prince Ali selected the bride using his brain instead of his desiree, he was really aware what had to be improved in him. Rheem CV nobody doubt (maybe the best CV of JRF in-law) and perhaps he expected she could improve his quality of life. I really support what Ali decision.

Originally posted by cut1me+Jun 17th, 2004 - 6:58 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cut1me @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 6:58 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-julial@Jun 17th, 2004 - 6:23 am
does anyone have the CV of PAli`s wife?
the only thing i know is she use to work for CNN [/b][/quote]
I am American, and I watch CNN all the time. Here is what I know: Reem Brahimi worked for CNN for seven years at the Cnn London and Baghdad bureaus. She speaks English, Arabic, French, and Italian fluent (I have had the pleasure to her speak on numerous occasions, she can follow). Her father, Lakhdar Brahimi is the senior U.N. envoy to Iraq. Reem has cover the 9/11 attacks and the response, the Kosovo war, the Hajj pilgrimage, and the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole. She has done alot of work, and she is well accomphlished. She makes me proud to be a women. Prince Ali IS marrying well. ;)

hi freinds , did anybody tell me why he engegment after his sis an [ 26 ] day , :lol: what reason --- :blush: :unsure:

it is realy strange
in this year every one want to marry !!!!! :innocent:

I can't explain why everyone chose to marry this year, but I'm glad Ali found a wonderful woman like Rym, and I look forward to the wedding in coming months.

It seem that they've been seeing each other for a while. I don't think it had anything to do with his sister's wedding.

mo asked ka for ph last summer & their nikah was 9months in the making. i think the timeing is purely coincidence. kinda like when one brother gets married they ALL seem to get married.

(remember the miller sisters all married in a very short time span from one another).

but you're right 'someomone'- i can't wait for the wedding. i have a feeling it will be very beautiful and discreet. very fitting for two adults starting a new path together.....

ahhh......

:heart: love :heart:

I love fall weddings. Technically, Sept 7th isn't exactly fall, but it's close. I wonder if it will still be hot in Jordan? Finally, Prince Ali gets to be happy!

The count down has begun...31 days left to Sept 7th. I'm so happy for these two. I wonder what her dress will look like? I hope she does something pretty with her hair. Maybe we will get to see her other siblings, which I just found out she has two other siblings.

Originally posted by sommone@Aug 6th, 2004 - 3:06 pm
The count down has begun...31 days left to Sept 7th. I'm so happy for these two. I wonder what her dress will look like? I hope she does something pretty with her hair. Maybe we will get to see her other siblings, which I just found out she has two other siblings.
Rym and Ali are already married - this will be the Walimah, the public celebration of their marriage.

Rym and Ali are already married - this will be the Walimah, the public celebration of their marriage.
Thank you Marlene, but I have been told several times it is only a celebration. Still, wouldn't she be wearing some form of wedding dress? And of course she can still do something pretty with her hair. :flower:

Still, wouldn't she be wearing some form of wedding dress? And of course she can still do something pretty with her hair. :flower:
sommone....i am also excited for the walimah.

i think what rym will be wearing depends on her. some girls go the big traditional white dress route but i would guess rym will go for something more modern and sophistcated-kinda like her. i don't mean sophisticated in the 'gorgeous clothes' sense but in the 'knows her way around the world' sense.

Well there is no much age difference between the two ( 5 or 6 years is not bad after all)..And if she is older than him by these 5 or 6 years, I do not see it a big deal...if we girls do not accept that, then we should not blame men who look for young girls to marry...Also, do not forget, she is more accomplished than him professionally..So, if you take the whole package, she has also good things....He has the title of prince..she has her education..she also comes from a high profile family..her father is an international diplomat....by the way, she is not that ugly...why stressing that he should marry someone beautiful...is he that handsome anyway....He is OK...but not that gorgeous.....

I agree with you, Humble. I think, if anything, P. Ali has found himself a very good wife in Rym. The beauty thing is completely overrated. Rym is attractive, smart, accomplished, mature, and could be very good for P. Ali.

Humble said:
Well there is no much age difference between the two ( 5 or 6 years is not bad after all)..And if she is older than him by these 5 or 6 years, I do not see it a big deal...if we girls do not accept that, then we should not blame men who look for young girls to marry...Also, do not forget, she is more accomplished than him professionally..So, if you take the whole package, she has also good things....He has the title of prince..she has her education..she also comes from a high profile family..her father is an international diplomat....by the way, she is not that ugly...why stressing that he should marry someone beautiful...is he that handsome anyway....He is OK...but not that gorgeous.....

I second that papillon.....

Ali has definately found himself a good one. He should give lessons to the rest of the JRF.

papillon said:
I agree with you, Humble. I think, if anything, P. Ali has found himself a very good wife in Rym. The beauty thing is completely overrated. Rym is attractive, smart, accomplished, mature, and could be very good for P. Ali.

Ipi Tombe said:
I second that papillon.....

Ali has definately found himself a good one. He should give lessons to the rest of the JRF.

Let's wait and see,only days could tell...I hope things go well for him,but I have a weird feeling they won't. (please God,let me be wrong this time)

sommone said:
sommone....i am also excited for the walimah.

i think what rym will be wearing depends on her. some girls go the big traditional white dress route but i would guess rym will go for something more modern and sophistcated-kinda like her. i don't mean sophisticated in the 'gorgeous clothes' sense but in the 'knows her way around the world' sense. [/b]

What's the traditional wedding dress for a muslim bride?

Last edited:
Humble said:

I agree, Humble. Also, you always sound so sensible in your posts. I can't see the big deal about her being older. I mean when I look at Rym, I see someone who is pretty and intelligent (don't know much else about her other than these two obvious things). I thought Ali was gorgeous up until the last few years...I especially like the avatar picture of him...His appearance has declined some....I still can't figure out what's going on with his hair, but all-in-all, I still like Ali. I'm very happy that he has found someone like Rym. He definitely seems happier these days. I think it is safe to say his playboy days are long behind him.

u r totally right humble.....i have to say that I've always imagined ali with an amazingly beautiful girl, but he chose someone that is sophisticated ,smart ,mature and pretty ....he ignored the age difference and I have to respect him for his choise ...it's looks like true love for me

Attachments

• pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4yPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFB4BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4yPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFB4BR1JG.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,236
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4yPSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFB8BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4yPSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFB8BR1JG.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 634
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zNCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRYBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zNCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRYBR1JG.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 417
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zNSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRcBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zNSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRcBR1JG.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRoBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRoBR1JG.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 967
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRgBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRgBR1JG.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 412
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRwBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRwBR1JG.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 443
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR8BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR8BR1JG.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 370
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR4BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR4BR1JG.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 538
Thanks for posting the pictures...They look as if they enjoyed taking them. Even Ali smiles in many of them.

The look so sweet in those pictures... Ali's just stiff, that's all. Give him time to loosen up, get used to being affectionate in public. With all the man's been through, openly showing affection may be something he's never really done before. But he's smiling, that's wonderful....
BTW, does anyone know when their big celebration will be?
Also, are there pictures of Rym's mom? We always see her Dad solo.. and does she have siblings?

QueenB said:
The look so sweet in those pictures... Ali's just stiff, that's all. Give him time to loosen up, get used to being affectionate in public. With all the man's been through, openly showing affection may be something he's never really done before. But he's smiling, that's wonderful....
BTW, does anyone know when their big celebration will be?
Also, are there pictures of Rym's mom? We always see her Dad solo.. and does she have siblings?

I wondered about her mom too...She has other siblings, but I'm not sure if they are male of female. I read that info from a bio done on Mr. Brahimi. They are suppose to be celebrating on Sept 7th. I was reading a travel website awhile back that it was forbidden to show pictures of people showing affection in the middle east...particularly Jordan. I don't know how true that is...does anyone know the customs or social norms concerning couples showing affection in public, or in pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom