Engagement of Prince Ali and Rym Brahimi: April 2004 - News & Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 12:18 pm
so why in paris and not amman?
Maybe that's where she is living. Funny how Petra mentions her father, but not her accomplishments. And her father works for the UN--I am sure there's always some tumultous happeing!

Thanks. He has not aged well---she is way better looking than him! And why wasn't Rania at the engagement party?

She looks much older than Ali. I could not find anything about her age.

CNN has gotten it wrong in terminology... the concept of engagement, as we know it in the West does not exist in Islam.

The Nikah - the marriage signing contract -- is usually rather quiet - the bride is the only woman present, although the marriage contract can be signed without her being present.

The September 7th ceremony will be the Walimah, which is a more public occasion for the bride and groom.

Originally posted by Dunya@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:17 pm
I would guess that she is either in her early thirties or late twenties. I have yet to find an actual date of birth for her either.

Personally, I think that Ali looks older than his years. He seems to have started to age suddenly. I see pictures of him from a few years ago and sometimes he is hardly recognizable. His physical appearance really has changed and his face really looks different to me. If I had to compare the two of them, I would say that they appear to be around the same age, give or take a few years here and there.

she looks much better when she's talking on the news! these pictures don't do her justice...

i think their "attractiveness" is at the same level... :flower:

Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:31 pm
she looks much better when she's talking on the news!  these pictures don't do her justice...

I agree. I have definitely seen better photos and live reports of her when she looked wonderful.

i think their "attractiveness" is at the same level... :flower:

I agree.

Prince Ali has aged quite a bit but I think he favours his late dad a lot.

Who is the mother of his bride? Has she passed on? I don't remember hearing about her..

Umm. let's hope he doesn't read this board!! :)
Perhaps a different wardrobe will do..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jacqueline+Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jacqueline @ Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dunya@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:17 pm
I would guess that she is either in her early thirties or late twenties. I have yet to find an actual date of birth for her either.

Personally, I think that Ali looks older than his years. He seems to have started to age suddenly. I see pictures of him from a few years ago and sometimes he is hardly recognizable. His physical appearance really has changed and his face really looks different to me. If I had to compare the two of them, I would say that they appear to be around the same age, give or take a few years here and there. [/b][/quote]
According to two news articles in september 2003, Rym was 34 at the time.

Originally posted by Marlene@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:49 pm
According to two news articles in september 2003, Rym was 34 at the time.
Thanks Marlene.

I thought that she might be around 33. But, I guess that she is closer to her mid-thirties at present. Good to know that I was somewhat close, anyway. ;)

I'm so glad to hear that P. Ali has found his soulmate. He's gained quite a bit of weight. He must be really happy.

In that site that first announced that Prince is getting engaged
(http://www.arabtimes.com/dailynews.php?id=807), it was mentioned that Jordanians are not that happy that Prince Ali did not get engaged to a Jordanian. In fact, the key people in the JRF do not marry Jordanians...

Examples:

Rania (Palestinian)--KA
Noor(American/Syrian or Lebanese)--King Hussein
Sarvath (Pakistani or Hindi)---Prince Hassan
Hashem's wife is Syrian
Haya---Al Maktoom (UAE)
And Now ALI---An Algerian whose father is a well versed & known Diplomat.....

Rym is smart, professional, well educated and pretty...She does NOT project a superficial personality...

They look cute together

I like her simplicity....
Yes, it looks like it was a very simple affair on the whole.

she looks a lot like her father...

i thought her engagement outfit was okay...it was simple, true...but i would have preferred something more traditional like princess noor's and princess haya's.

but I hope she learned to wear a camisole under such sheer tops!

true, bubette!

Please keep on topic. Two people have decided to get married. It is a wonderful time for both of them. Let`s not soil the moment or bring up topics involving the political problems of the various Semites who live in the Middle East into this thread. Celebrate the coming together of this couple and discuss them but avoid politics. Continue to discuss things in a calm matter. Breathe deeply and eat some olives, people.

I dunno if I'm the only one that noticed that the photos of the engagement (marriage? :unsure: ), that Rym's skirt was photoshopped---badly. :blink:

I dunno if I'm the only one that noticed that the photos of the engagement (marriage?  ), that Rym's skirt was photoshopped---badly. 

i think i know why...she was probably wearing an above the knee skirt which is considered immodest in the MidEast...so they photoshopped it to make it looks longer...

i didn't know they photoshopped it until you pointed it out, Aaliyah...but, you're right, it is badly done.

They are not especially beautiful, but they have a certain charm and form a pretty enough couple
Is this the engagements?
If yes, I find the clothes of this young woman, inadequate, she should wear the traditional clothes of her country

P. Hashim and P. Rashid are now the only JRF men. I wonder who is going to land these two? Is P. Hashim seeing anyone. I'm happy for P. Ali; I hope he and P. Rym will find love, happiness and joy together.

I've never seen such an odd couple! :sick:,and who says that it's immodest to wear short skirts in mideast???it's immodest to wear a dress that the underwear can be seen through it easily!

Originally posted by rosa@Apr 24th, 2004 - 5:36 am
They are not especially beautiful, but they have a certain charm and form a pretty enough couple
Is this the engagements?
If yes, I find the clothes of this young woman, inadequate, she should wear the traditional clothes of her country
Rym Brahimi will most likely wear Western dress as this is what she is accustomed to wearing. She is also accustomed to wearing very casual and sporty clothing because of her job as an international news correspondent. It will take some adjusting from her when it comes to wearing suits, skirts, and evening gowns. I She has been more educational an career oriented in her life when viewing her online bio at CNN. Clothing and shopping most likely aren't her strong suit. She has been very busy for several years working and establishing herself as a journalist. Also, her jobs entail a lot of travel and doesn't call for dressy clothing. Rym has been one of the major war correspondents at CNN for some time now and she is very used to wearing slacks or jeans and a shirt. She has many adjustments to make. However, I don't think that Rym will wear traditional clothing on a daily basis, perhaps for special events, but I doubt daily.

Rym Brahimi will most likely wear Western dress as this is what she is accustomed to wearing. She is also accustomed to wearing very casual and sporty clothing because of her job as an international news correspondent. It will take some adjusting from her when it comes to wearing suits, skirts, and evening gowns. I She has been more educational an career oriented in her life when viewing her online bio at CNN. Clothing and shopping most likely aren't her strong suit. She has been very busy for several years working and establishing herself as a journalist. Also, her jobs entail a lot of travel and doesn't call for dressy clothing. Rym has been one of the major war correspondents at CNN for some time now and she is very used to wearing slacks or jeans and a shirt. She has many adjustments to make. However, I don't think that Rym will wear traditional clothing on a daily basis, perhaps for special events, but I doubt daily.
the traditional dress is not surely convenient to wear daily, and I don't think either that she will wear it every day, but it is a special day, and that would have been the opportunity to show to her Jordanian in-law, the traditional dress of her country

i am realy happy for prince ali but i think that he is more beautiful than her but hope for him very loving :heart: happy :lol: life and for princess haya

the traditional dress is not surely convenient to wear daily, and I don't think either that she will wear it every day, but it is a special day, and that would have been the opportunity to show to her Jordanian in-law, the traditional dress of her country

It is a special day, however, she will have an every bigger day in September in which to wear traditional dress. If she doesn't it is her choice. Certainly it would be nice, however, Rym Brahimi is a very independent young woman and I doubt that she will let anyone influence what she wears. She may make the necessary adjustment, however, I'm not holding my breath.

Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 12:18 pm
so why in paris and not amman?
Because her family's home is in Paris. therefore, he (Ali) and his family had to ask for her hand from her father who is based in Paris...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom