Divorce for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes i agree also haya the princess comes way after hes not longer the crown prince.

i think it was Prince hamzah who initiated the divorce, and not the other way round. Noor already got a big break when she married him, crown prince or not. daughters (even princesses) whose father has remarried often find themselves marrying non titled men - not that there is anything wrong with that.I'm not sure about Noor, but her mother seems very ambitious (to me), and I just don't think they would ever want to fade into oblivion by divorcing Hamzah. Just my two cents. Although, I do have a question: when they were getting married, wasn't there a story that they met in Boston where they were both studying?

i think it was Prince hamzah who initiated the divorce, and not the other way round. Noor already got a big break when she married him, crown prince or not. daughters (even princesses) whose father has remarried often find themselves marrying non titled men - not that there is anything wrong with that.I'm not sure about Noor, but her mother seems very ambitious (to me), and I just don't think they would ever want to fade into oblivion by divorcing Hamzah. Just my two cents. Although, I do have a question: when they were getting married, wasn't there a story that they met in Boston where they were both studying?

That's what I heard, they met in Boston. I wonder if they met before when they were children :)

but surely they must have met many times since they are second cousins. perhaps they did study in Boston together, but they probably met in Jordan as well. that being said, it must be in Boston when marriage was deemed convenient. this is my take, im speculating.

I wonder what was queen Noor's reaction to this divorce
she must have been disappointed !

I never expect This Divorce at all They always seem in very Deep love what a shame :ermm:

I do not expect to be happy with this Queen Noor separation

Is she wanted to Hamza Wife Hashemite

Sure, Q.Noor wanted the best possible wife for the then Crown Prince of Jordan.;)

Queen Noor must be sad, as her son is upset about his marriage and she loves Princess Noor. but I am sure she will put his son's happiness before everything from now on. But I still have a funny feeling that they will reunite in the future as I said before. :p

Well since we don't know Queen Noor's thoughts, nor the thoughts and actions of Hamzah and Noor, let's not speculate.

Well, life has its own plans for us.;) BTW, I don't think Hamzah himself ever disappointed the Queen, only the fact that his marriage didn't go as planned. And I also think that the happy moments that are yet to come for this family will be much more than the sad ones. :flowers:

Queen Noor must be sad, as her son is upset about his marriage and she loves Princess Noor. but I am sure she will put his son's happiness before everything from now on. But I still have a funny feeling that they will reunite in the future as I said before. :p

It always seemed to me Queen Noor and Princess Noor were very close and had lots of affection for each other as per the pictures were I saw them together.:) They looked like mother and daughter. It is a pity Prince Hamzah and his wife couldn't fix whatever they had to and go for the divorce. Hope this doesn't affect Princess Haya bin Hamzah too much.

Does anyone know why the divorce was not announced by the royal court?
Usually they do announce news like that..birth, marriage,...

It always seemed to me Queen Noor and Princess Noor were very close and had lots of affection for each other as per the pictures were I saw them together.:) They looked like mother and daughter. It is a pity Prince Hamzah and his wife couldn't fix whatever they had to and go for the divorce. Hope this doesn't affect Princess Haya bin Hamzah too much.
ı hope so. you are right I've never believed it was a totally political marriage as they were very affectionate to eachother. I wish them luck with their new life. :lucky:

Does anyone know why the divorce was not announced by the royal court?
Usually they do announce news like that..birth, marriage,...

births and mariages are announced by the Royal Court, but not a divorce (if it is not related to the king himself:)). When Prince Feisal or Princess Aisha got divorced it wasn't announced either.

Wait a min I am not muslism nor not I know the JRF very well but I don't think the two will offically get back togther!

Wait a min I am not muslism nor not I know the JRF very well but I don't think the two will offically get back togther!
I don't think there will be an official problem if they want to get marry again as long as P. noor doesn't get married with somebody else meanwhile. Above all, Islam doesn't prohibit remarraige of a couple unless they get divorced more than two times one after the other. after two divorces in succession the woman should get married with somebody else before she reunites his previous husband.So she can try a new life and decide if she really wants to go back to her ex husband who has divorced her for two times. In that way the couples can avoid taking the divorce for granted.

I don't think there will be an official problem if they want to get marry again as long as P. noor doesn't get married with somebody else meanwhile. Above all, Islam doesn't prohibit remarraige of a couple unless they get divorced more than two times one after the other. after two divorces in succession the woman should get married with somebody else before she reunites his previous husband.So she can try a new life and decide if she really wants to go back to her ex husband who has divorced her for two times. In that way the couples can avoid taking the divorce for granted.
I don't think the king or court going to let that happen:ermm: but if they did it would be a good show for islamic law you knw?

I don't think the king or court going to let that happen:ermm: but if they did it would be a good show for islamic law you knw?
We dont know how many times they divorced.:ermm: It`s possible to do the 3 divorces in 1 time.

Last edited:
We dont know how many times they divorced.:ermm: It`s possible to do the 3 divorces in 1 time.
Oh really :eek: thank u for the information Reeda2000. I even don't know that as I grew up in europe and turkey, but it would be tricky and Allah doesn't like tricks. ;) As for court's permission, I consider the king an open minded and modern man. So , I don't think he will create any problems if the couple want to remarry. also he is not the crown prince any more. I wish they would decide to reunite. It would be wonderful. but unfortunately, the topic is their divorce:sad: I think it was me who started that hypothesis when ı declared my wish about their future. but ı still want them to be happy and together if these are both possible at the same time of course. ;)

But in Turkey , the court gives the custody to the parent who can bring up the child better. Esp, the little children who needs more attention is given to the mother. I know that, because my grandparents are from Turkey. Also, I have never read a verse of the Koran which orders such a thing directly. So I think it may be an interpretation or Arabic tradition. ??? Sorry, I don't know exactly as I am half Jordinian and I don't live there.:bounce:I still think Prince Hamzah will find a way to sort this problem out without hurting his daughter, in case of P. Noor's remmariage. :)

Yes, my country is like what you said but let's not forget that we Turks are not Arab & very different from the Arabs (culture,language,tradition etc... just the religion is same but also we have too much different things from Arabs in religion) so, there can be differences in laws. Also, Turkey is very democratic & secular country so, there isn't any Islamic rules in here. Also, I believe that Islam gives the custody to the parent who can bring up the child better. This has to be exactly Arab tradition. I hope everything will be best for little Haya.

yes ... according to jordanian law and islam teachings men have the divorce right ..:ermm: as long as P.Hamzah wnats to divorce one minute is enough to end their marriage.

Sorry, don't Jordanian women have the divorce right? This can be a Jordanian law but definitely not Islamic teaching!!! I am not religious person but, Islam doesn't say women are second-class citizens.
This means also that Noor couldn't divorce if she really wanted.

Sorry, don't Jordanian women have the divorce right? This can be a Jordanian law but definitely not Islamic teaching!!! I am not religious person but, Islam doesn't say women are second-class citizens.
This means also that Noor couldn't divorce if she really wanted.
What i ment that woman dont have the divorce right .. she cant say to her husband i divorced u .. she has to ask her husband first .. if he refused that time she can go to the Court.
Do members of the royal family have the right to resort to court ... or they have their own laws.

Last edited:
Do not forget that Turkey is a country with a strong stance of secularism and strict laicism since Kemal Atatürk. There is no place for Islamic rules and regulations in the law system:). But that's not the case in Jordan and other Muslim countries. They do not have this state ideology. It's not Arabic, but part of the Islamic family law.
But as I said before, PHamzah can renounce his rights in favor of Noor - it's up to him.

Everything you said about Turkey is correct!:flowers: I feel lucky to be Turkish! I am very satisfied with it!
But, I believe this is not an Islamic rule, it's exactly Arab tradition.

What i ment that woman dont have the divorce right .. she cant say to her husband i divorced u .. she has to ask her husband first .. if he refused that time she can go to the Court.
Do members of the royal family have the right to resort to court ... or they have their own laws.

Thanks for explaining reeda!:flowers: But I have to ask that is it same for men?

No not the same .. any man can divorce his wife Whenever he wants without the need for court.

This is so wrong! If there is a right for men, it has to be for women, too & Islam says like that (though I am not religious person, I know everything).
I am so sorry for Noor after learning this.

It is islamic law and rules not arab traditions dear.

Dear, this is exactly Arab tradition, I've never seen anything like that the books I read about Islam or on my searchs or anywhere in Turkey! We're secular country but know the religion.

Back
Top Bottom