What now for Princess Charlène: Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've just found out that the Grimaldi jewels belong to a foundation. Therefore, it is appalling that the Princess of Monaco, Princess Charlène, does not wear these pieces from time to time. There are many negatives about a monarchy and there are a few positives and one of these positives is the image of continuity. Thus, Princess Charlène would be a proper First Lady if she wore the Grimaldi jewellery. She is not doing her job and she is wrong.

Princess Gracia has never worn the historic monegasque jewels, since she had a frosty relationship with her mother-in-law, the Duchesse de Valentinois. Even on her wedding day Gracia wore no diadem. At least Charlène wore elements of a historic diamond floral motif set at her wedding.

So the "continuity" is thin as two successive Princesses de Monaco have - sadly- not worn jewels from the Duchesse de Valentinois. Let us hope to see Charlène with a diadem! She was expected to wear a small one in the Netherlands, for a black tie diner, but because of the pregnancy she excused herself, which is fully understandable. She was expected here: https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...dingen/nieuws/2014/06/anp-27534874-monaco-jpg

Last edited:
On 11-05 the Saint Devote rugby tournament, organized in collaboration with P.Charlene's foundation, will be held
Saint Devote Rugby Tournament Announcement - 11.05.2019 - Princess Charlene of Monaco foundation

With all the remarks we made recently about not seeing her, i have a feeling she will attend this one, so hopefully we get to see pictures on the foundation's site

I posted the photos of the meeting of Charlene with the Usa , South africa and Mauritius teams on the Princess charlene events board

I announced already the sainte devote tournament video on this board, because the videos are not allowed here

It feels like you're telling me off for posting a link to an event because you already posted about it in the current events thread, but later that evening you posted my link in the current events thread as a new post?post

Okay, i won't post about P.Charlene's events anymore if you have feel you are the one who should do that..

I think you joke Florestane,

Princess Charlene attended the Sainte devote célébrations, the patron of the principauty of Monaco and the patron of the princely family, The Princess caroline and princess Stéphanie were missing

She attended the midmare miles where her foundation was raising money for the princess Charlene foundation in SA, she visited two schools of desavantaged children in Benoni

She inaugurated wit her husband and her children the one monte Carlo

She was near Albert to receive the president of China

She attended the general assembly of the road safety of Monaco with Albert

With Albert, she visited Peille and made honors citoyens of this village

She visited the mobile unit of the red cross

She attended the royal race at Johannesbourg to raise money for 2 schools

She attended the procession of the holy Friday on the balcony of the palace with Prince Albert and Jacques, where were Caroline ?

Happily, she does not read the critics of some persons on this forum

One major difference: Charlene is the wife of the sovereign prince. Caroline is simply the sister. Charlene is the first Lady of Monaco, Caroline no longer is. Both Caroline and Charlene are involved with charity work and are seen at events throughout the year. We could do a list of the events Caroline was at as well. The difference being the events where it isn't simply a Patronage visit, but where Albert and her are meant to be representing Monaco as the sovereign/spouse and she is missing.

The same questions are asked of other royal spouses when they don't attend events you'd expect them at.

J don't understand why, in order to praise Charlene, someone needs eliminate from the scene Caroline and Stephanie. Maybe Charlene doesn't always shine of its own light?

Nobody wants to need eliminita Caroline and Stephanie from the scene , to praise Charlene, it is no me who began this kind of fight. Read again the comments, i only published the video of the visite of the princess Charlene and translate in English what the director of the maternity and the new mother said to the reporter .

Stéphanie half her brother in the events of the Red Cross when he was a single man. Caroline half him sometimes, she had other duties with the AMADE and the Princess Grace foundation

No need to opposite them, as I said later, Charlène, Caroline, Stéphanie have their own duties, their own foundations, they have both qualitats and like human people they have also defaults, what are we to judge them? only Watchers who comments things whe Don't know, we Don't know these princesses, we Don't know their lives and you can search, I never criticed Caroline or Stéphanie, and I Always found Strange that Charlene was very soon criticed at the begining of her story with Albert on the Royal forums,

Now there is a princess consort, wife the reigning prince and mother of the heirs, prince hereditary Jacques and Gabriella. Caroline and Stéphanie knew that their brother would marry one day, they adopted Charlene what the fans of Caroline and Stéphanie did not do. we Don't know what are their agreements, perhaps Caroline is saying to Charlene, ' Don't need to be present to the Fete Dieu, stay with the children at Roc Agel, perhaps Charlene is saying to Caroline ' stay at Gstaadt, we will be enough many to celebrate the Sainte Devote cérémonies or the procession of Good Friday', For the Gala, each princess has her own gala, Bal de la Rose for Caroline, Red Cross gala or the fightAids for Stéphanie, we also and when they are free , they are going to other galas. When the palace is asking Charlene to be present to an event, she is present as when she was present in China to inaugurate the princess Grace exhibition and caroline is present when Charlene cannot be present , no need to critic them

It is tired to read all these naughty comments about one or about an another , Caroline kept all her présidences, Charlen ehas her own and also Stéphanie, Monaco is a very tiny pricipauty and we cannot see every day Charlene, Caroline or Stéphanie as we are seeing Letizia, Maxima or Mathilde but the foundations of the three princesses are very well working and perhaps they are more busy than the other Queens or princesses, we Don't know

It was princess Stéphanie who visited the new mothers at the maternity, never princess Caroline, but Stéphanie visited the mothers not the day of the Grand Prix but one day after but since 2015, it is now princess Charlene who is visiting he new mothers but the day of the Grand Prix

Dear Madame Melina, may be You are too young to remember. I can assure You Princess Caroline did it in the past when She was the First Lady of Monaco. There’s plenty of pictures.

I am 70 years old and my childhood was in Nice and my sister and my daughter are married with a resident, they lived in Monaco and I use to visite my grandchildren in Monaco very often. in Monaco. I know more about the Monaco than all the readers here

Dear Melina, if you are 70 years old and lives near Monaco you know the truth. If you deny some news , J am forced to think that you don't tell the truth for any reason J don't know but J could suspect. You know what Princess Caroline did from September 1982. Every event and activity. You know.

I am 70 years old and my childhood was in Nice and my sister and my daughter are married with a resident, they lived in Monaco and I use to visite my grandchildren in Monaco very often. in Monaco. I know more about the Monaco than all the readers here

Dear Madame, it’s very odd You didn’t remember what Princess Caroline did since her mother death. Prince Rainier was very proud of his daughter Caroline as “She stepped into her mother shoes”.

I kindly ask You to avoid sentence like “I know more about the Monaco than all the readers here”, I understand You don’t like Caroline and Stephanie, but they are part of the Princely Family, they are very close to their brother, You like it or not.

Last edited:

Please remember to stay respectful towards each other! Opinions can differ, we can exchange them but there's no need to argue! Thank you!

Next friday july 19th , there will be the special race , 'Princess Charlene of Monaco, charity race' at Cagnes sur Mer,
At this race, every horse will represent a monegash association
It is an idea of Princess Charlene, because there is every year in South Africa , a royal race day with the prix Princess Charlene, the associations receive money , this year, it was 2 schools which was chosen by Princess Charlene, she was present to this event in april

It is the same thing , next friday, the princess Charlene choses 14 associations of Monaco and the of the South of the France here are the associations

Prix princesse Charlene de Monaco, Charity Race à Cagnes Sur Mer - marriane eklablog.fr

We Don't know if the princess will be present but no matter, the associations will receive the money though the princess Charlene and it is a good gesture

Wonderful to have charities share in the excitement of the races.

Well huge surprise - look who hasn't pitched up to the Global Oceans Gala.

Charlene is the ultimate royal cherry picker ,no real surprise for the part time Princess Consort.

I wasn't optimistic about her showing at the gala when she didn't even bother to join her husband in welcoming Robert Redford and his wife to the palace. She is an utterly useless P of M, a complete embarrassment, Albert would have been better off staying single at this rate.

It is possible that there is some kind of significant issue that is preventing Charlene from fulfilling the usual role of princess consort, but this is becoming hard to ignore or explain away. There is clearly something going on.

It is possible there's an issue that's preventing her from doing very many engagements but if it was something understandable and explainable like Mette-Marit's health, they'd be better off making it public and asking for understanding and privacy over it. I can't believe it's just "can't be bothered" and the twins are only an excuse for so many events.

Although does anyone but Royal Watchers like us really notice or question whether or not Charlene shows up anywhere? Unlike in Norway or if Kate, Meghan or one of the other CPs suddenly disappeared from 90% of events they should be at?

:previous: I can think of quite a few things that might be the cause of Charlene's absences, some of them fairly benign, and some not so benign, but at this point it is looking less and less like a temporary or short term phenomenon. If the absences were just for small or local appearances, that would be easier to ignore, but things like the Global Oceans Gala are events you would really expect to see her if everything were all right.

I have been wondering a long time now if this was just part of the agreement between Albert and Charlene if she agreed to marry him....that she would be able to more or less go her own way, choose what she wants to do or not do....and his sisters would continue to hold their own places. I don't know...it's hard to explain what's going on.

I have been wondering a long time now if this was just part of the agreement between Albert and Charlene if she agreed to marry him....that she would be able to more or less go her own way, choose what she wants to do or not do....and his sisters would continue to hold their own places. I don't know...it's hard to explain what's going on.

If an agreement is in place saying she can more or less do nothing then why did Albert bother to marry someone like that in the first place? He didn't NEED to have heirs as the succession was secure.

Who knows? Maybe he felt the need for a consort or companion? I'm not saying they don't care about each other. Just that there were perhaps stipulations involved.

LaRae

I've wondered that myself.

Maybe he decided she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, and he wanted [legitimate] children, but she was reluctant to live her life in public so it was agreed her public duties would be kept to a minimum.

Maybe he decided she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, and he wanted [legitimate] children, but she was reluctant to live her life in public so it was agreed her public duties would be kept to a minimum.

Right..he had heirs yes..but maybe he wanted his own legitimate heirs. Maybe his nephews were like thanks but no thanks don't want to be the heir.

We know she seems to be rather shy or something when it comes to being in public and of course the media gave her a rough start. Although comparatively speaking the media isn't near as intense there as it is elsewhere when it comes to Royals.

LaRae

It should be remembered that the prince souverain is much older than his princess and certainly more experienced in matters royal. I am certain that an arrangement was made that la princesse would do her duty regarding heirs and then was free to live her life as she sees fit. This is the Grimaldi way so that commentators should learn the gallic shrug and get on with life:bang::lol:

The Ocean Gala should be one of the important events for Charlene.
Too bad that there is no consistency in what she does or does not do.

The Princess seems a private person. She married the Prince, together they have a family. Most likely the couple agreed that the Princess would not live a life in constant publicity and that is their good right, of course.

Probably, only possible in Monaco ....
But bad optics in times like these when the sovereigns wife should make herself useful for society in return for her position.

So what is the likelihood that she will attend the enthronement celebrations in Japan next month?

So what is the likelihood that she will attend the enthronement celebrations in Japan next month?

In the respective thread you will read that the Princely Palace of Monaco declined to comment on who is representing the Grimaldi's at the enthronement.
Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom