Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 - September 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, at the birthday video there was a shot of Gabriella being put down to walk then promptly turning back to her parent (can't remember which one) to be picked up again. My guess is that she's just as good at walking as her brother is, but was shyer around the crowd of people.

I watched again the video and at a moment we see Charlene putting Gabriella on her knees and she said her 'Tu veux cà?' in showing her the toy, which is in English ' do you want that?, as Albert is speaking we could not hear it very clear but it is not in English

I think Charlene is speaking also to the children in french, she is Learning french , she did a very good speech in french last summer, but I think her french is not enough good to answer in french in an interview.

just before she did the speech in french this summer, Albert said she was not still at ease in french but she did a lot of progress and she understood when somebody is speaking to her.

Personaly, I understand the articles when they are in English but I am not able to understand when a person is speaking to me in English and I do a lot of mistakes when I am speaking in English but I am not a very important person , for a preincess all must be perfect specialy when it is charlene .

I like this photo, because it is taken in the blue room and I like this room.

Alberto y Charlene de Mónaco, eclipsados por sus mellizos en una singular entrevista - Foto 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the video and the kids are great. It's great to see them often. :flowers:

Jacques and Gabriella are some of the cutest twins I've ever seen and it's wonderful that we have been treated to all these photos as well as an interview. I liked the interview a lot because it gives an insight into what they are like as a family behind the palace doors.

I watched again the video and at a moment we see Charlene putting Gabriella on her knees and she said her 'Tu veux cà?' in showing her the toy, which is in English ' do you want that?, as Albert is speaking we could not hear it very clear but it is not in English

I think Charlene is speaking also to the children in french, she is Learning french , she did a very good speech in french last summer, but I think her french is not enough good to answer in french in an interview.

just before she did the speech in french this summer, Albert said she was not still at ease in french but she did a lot of progress and she understood when somebody is speaking to her.

Personaly, I understand the articles when they are in English but I am not able to understand when a person is speaking to me in English and I do a lot of mistakes when I am speaking in English but I am not a very important person , for a preincess all must be perfect specialy when it is charlene .

I like this photo, because it is taken in the blue room and I like this room.

Alberto y Charlene de Mónaco, eclipsados por sus mellizos en una singular entrevista - Foto 1

I get the impression that languages are easier to read and write than to speak - I'm the same with French. Although I've been learning it since I was little, I can't speak French well and am unable to have a proper conversation with a native speaker of French (however I can write online in French) though I've been spending more time in France recently and have been able to pick certain words or phrases up in conversations.

Do you have a video link to Charlene's speech in French? I think I missed it.

When you are writing, you can pause to look for words but in a conversation you must react on the spot... quite more difficult ! And then there are the accents. As a French speaking person I can tell you that some French accents are difficult to understand even for us. Like the Canadian accent for example...

I was thinking the other day that there hasn't been any updates or photos on Gabriella and Jacques for a long time now. I hope we can get to see them soon - it would be lovely to see how much they've grown.

It's too early to know who they really look like, since babies change a lot, so I will not make "predictions" until the twins reach 5/6 years when everybody has already defined features. I believe that anyone who sees Garreth in Jacques and Albert / Caroline in Gabriella are mostly projecting a desire, since Charlene's brothers are undeniably charming, and I dare say, handsomer than Albert in his young years, and people always expect to see Grace in her daughters and grandchildren, even though none of them look like her.

I believe that the twins will have the most similar features with Grace than the other grandchildren, since Albert is the only child that looks like his mother, and Charlene has the same kind of "phenotype" - "beautiful, thin, blonde with blue eyes."

But honestly, regardless of the side of the family that the twins pick, they will be beautiful, because both the Grimaldis, the kellys and wittstocks are undoubtedly good looking.

I hope they get more down to earth as the thrill of new baby fades or well Charlotte really. I don't think Albert will ever grasp that concept as regards his darlings:)
I agree, and to be honest, I'm relieved that casiraghis will not take the throne. They brought a feel of decadence to Monaco, hard to explain. The twins on the other hand, are fresh air to the principality,

Obviously Gabriella and Jacques will live in luxury and will attend lavish parties, the Principality of Monaco "sells it", and that's the fun of watching this family. But I believe they will stabilize in some area, not just go through life like their cousins and aunts. Charlene is an accomplished woman, and be an olympic champion requires effort and dedication, and I believe that both, her and Albert understand this, and will pass those values to their children of "master" in any area and do productive with their status and money.

As the couple already said in the recent interview, they want their children to have the own passions and interests that are not only linked to the their position.

It's too early to know who they really look like, since babies change a lot, so I will not make "predictions" until the twins reach 5/6 years when everybody has already defined features. I believe that anyone who sees Garreth in Jacques and Albert / Caroline in Gabriella are mostly projecting a desire, since Charlene's brothers are undeniably charming, and I dare say, handsomer than Albert in his young years, and people always expect to see Grace in her daughters and grandchildren, even though none of them look like her.

I believe that the twins will have the most similar features with Grace than the other grandchildren, since Albert is the only child that looks like his mother, and Charlene has the same kind of "phenotype" - "beautiful, thin, blonde with blue eyes."

I agree, and to be honest, I'm relieved that casiraghis will not take the throne. They brought a feel of decadence to Monaco, hard to explain. The twins on the other hand, are fresh air to the principality,

Obviously Gabriella and Jacques will live in luxury and will attend lavish parties, the Principality of Monaco "sells it", and that's the fun of watching this family. But I believe they will stabilize in some area, not just go through life like their cousins and aunts. Charlene is an accomplished woman, and be an olympic champion requires effort and dedication, and I believe that both, her and Albert understand this, and will pass those values to their children of "master" in any area and do productive with their status and money.

As the couple already said in the recent interview, they want their children to have the own passions and interests that are not only linked to the their position.

Well, I think that Jacques is undeniably Wittstock and that Gabriella tends more towards the Kelly but obviously it's hard to tell at the moment. I disagree that there is nothing of Grace in her daughters but it's not as obvious as with Albert.

I am going to disagree with assertion that the aunts and cousins have just "gone through life". Caroline was de facto first lady after her mother's death, she has done a lot for the Arts and works with AMADE and the UN on child poverty issues. Stephanie has also done impressive work with AIDS charities and supporting Albert.

The twins' cousins will not have to be at the forefront of Monegasque life (and contrary to commonly held view, I don't think they were ever interested in "running the show" ) Both Casiraghi boys have university degrees and longstanding stable relationships, both have undertaken charity work for AMADE, Andrea is an active patron of Foundation Motrice, Pierre has shown dedication to his sport and he has a job in the Casiraghi business interests. Charlotte is the least settled but even she has done her bit for the Principality.

Louis Ducruet has got his qualifications from university, also has a stable relationship and is discreet. Pauline Ducruet dedicated enough time to be good enough to compete in the Youth Olympics and is now studying at an extremely good fashion school. Alexandra and Camille haven't really had time spread their wings yet but both seem a credit to their family.

To be honest, I think it's a bit unfair to compare two toddlers to a group of people who don't have to do anything for the Principality but still do.

:previous:

You made a good point and i have agree about Caroline, she did a good job as first lady. And I agree that Casiraghis were never interested in manage Monaco, especially Andrea. But I have to disagree with the rest. Caroline's children do not have any accomplishment to stand out, but Pierre can exceed managing his father company. Anyway, as you said, they are just living their lives, however, think they give the impression of being spoiled and somewhat out of touch with reality.

I say this because for a long time the Casiraghis were the presumptive heirs so all the spotlight went to the trio, and they are an important "reference" of what Jacques and Gabriella can became or not. In fact, I was not referring to Ducruets, since they are younger and are still graduating.

Also, they do things to the principality because they are part of the princely family and maintain Monaco is of their best interests.

I don't see anything of Grace in Stephanie and Caroline. Caroline is a copy of her paternal grandmother, with more defined and refined features. They could be twins. Stephanie is also fully Grimaldi. Stephanie and Caroline are gorgeus on her own way, but I see Grace as a diferent kind of beauty. But here says someone who can't identify characteristics in the twins, so maybe I'm just bad to observe this kind of detail. But I respect your opinion! :flowers:

Anyway, maybe it's too early, but i wonder when Jacques and Gabriella get older, they'll be educated between Paris and Monaco like his father, or will stay in Monaco and surroundings? For some odd reason, I can't see Charlene living in Paris

Last edited:
:previous:

You made a good point and i have agree about Caroline, she did a good job as first lady. And I agree that Casiraghis were never interested in manage Monaco, especially Andrea. But I have to disagree with the rest. Caroline's children do not have any accomplishment to stand out, but Pierre can exceed managing his father company. Anyway, as you said, they are just living their lives, however, think they give the impression of being spoiled and somewhat out of touch with reality.

I say this because for a long time the Casiraghis were the presumptive heirs so all the spotlight went to the trio, and they are an important "reference" of what Jacques and Gabriella can became or not. In fact, I was not referring to Ducruets, since they are younger and are still graduating.

Also, they do things to the principality because they are part of the princely family and maintain Monaco is of their best interests.

I don't see anything of Grace in Stephanie and Caroline. Caroline is a copy of her paternal grandmother, with more defined and refined features. They could be twins. Stephanie is also fully Grimaldi. Stephanie and Caroline are gorgeus on her own way, but I see Grace as a diferent kind of beauty. But here says someone who can't identify characteristics in the twins, so maybe I'm just bad to observe this kind of detail. But I respect your opinion! :flowers:

Anyway, maybe it's too early, but i wonder when Jacques and Gabriella get older, they'll be educated between Paris and Monaco like his father, or will stay in Monaco and surroundings? For some odd reason, I can't see Charlene living in Paris

Thanks for your reply - I didn't say that the Casiraghis were more accomplished than anyone else, I just meant that they were perfectly normal for people from their circumstances and had shown an ability to persevere. I honestly don't think they're any more spoiled than a lot of people from their sort of privileged background.

I agree that Caroline and Stephanie favour the Grimaldi side; however, those finer features come from Grace, I think. I also see her when they smile. Caroline does look very like Princess Charlotte but she has much stronger bone structure and isn't nearly as "jowly".

It will be interesting to see the paths the twins follow. I expect they will do their primary education in Monaco like Stephanie and her children did. They could go to high school there or boarding school - I suppose it depends on how much privacy they can get. If they go to university they might go to the States like Albert did - they may not pursue higher studies, Charlene didn't although I would have thought Jacques, as heir, would be expected to do something. Albert also did various internships and time in the French navy as part of his "apprenticeship". I would think sport would play a large part - it is important to both parents. I'm looking forward to the picnic as I would like to see the twins again.

Like you, I can't see Charlene in Paris - not long-term. The climate and outdoor pursuits she likes are better in Monaco and Roc Agel. Also, as French isn't her strongest thing, I think that would more problematic in Paris than in Monaco.

Prince Albert went to school and to the collège Albert 1er untill his end of the secondary, than he went to USA for the universitat ,and he went on in the big commercial schools in france and he had stages in the banks.
Prince Albert said that his children will go to school and to the college in Monaco that they will have a good education to be armed in front of the modern life, he hopes that they will have monegash friends in Monaco
Jacques is the heir of Monaco , he will rule on the principauty he must have solid knowledges for reigning , he will be the head of states of Monaco, he will surely go in the best universitats. His sister who is the second in the line of sucession will go also in the best universitat as her brother.
It is not because their mother did not pursue higher studies that the twins would not do higher studies.
Since the beginning of her pregnancy of the twins, Charlene did not go to Paris, of course, she will go to Paris as all the members of the family for public events or to do shopping

Prince Albert went to school and to the collège Albert 1er untill his end of the secondary, than he went to USA for the universitat ,and he went on in the big commercial schools in france and he had stages in the banks.
Prince Albert said that his children will go to school and to the college in Monaco that they will have a good education to be armed in front of the modern life, he hopes that they will have monegash friends in Monaco
Jacques is the heir of Monaco , he will rule on the principauty he must have solid knowledges for reigning , he will be the head of states of Monaco, he will surely go in the best universitats. His sister who is the second in the line of sucession will go also in the best universitat as her brother.
It is not because their mother did not pursue higher studies that the twins would not do higher studies.
Since the beginning of her pregnancy of the twins, Charlene did not go to Paris, of course, she will go to Paris as all the members of the family for public events or to do shopping

Yes, I pretty much said everything you said about Albert's education. I also said what you said about Jacques's preparation for his future role.

What I did not suggest was that Gabriella wouldn't enjoy the same - however, as second in line the pressure is a bit less and she will have more freedom to follow her own path as her aunts did.

I also did not say they wouldn't go to university just because Charlene didn't - she had different priorities and skills, it is possible to make something of your life without a university degree, particularly if you have the advantage of coming from a fabulously wealthy and privileged family.

Also, the original question raised was if the twins might be schooled in Paris at any point. The original poster, Howl, said she couldn't see Charlene in Paris (as in living there). I agreed - I see her as an outdoors sporty person with very little interest in big city living. Therefore, no suggestion was made that she would never go to Paris for trips.

Gabriella will be more free than her brother who is the heir but I think she will have perhaps the same education as Princess Caroline or as princess Stéphanie who stopped her studies at the baccalauréat, and some studies for fashion . It will depend for Gabriella.
Jacques will receive a solide education and I hope he will be able to study in peace and pray that he will not be a prince sovereign too early.

Princess Grace lived one year in Paris when Caroline was student at the universitat, she was there because she wanted to look after her older daughter. Stephanie followed her mother and sister, she went to the school of the 'Dames of saint Maur' of Paris every week end they returned to Monaco. it was around 1976, 1977.I remember that tabloids published bad rumors of divorce between Rainier and Grace because Princess Grace lived away from Monaco

Prince Albert on Monaco Royal Twins' Upcoming Birthday

To day, the princely couple and children were seen at the Yacht club of Monaco, there is a photo on twitter of Charlene with Jacques, there are pink and blue balls
I think they celebrated the birthsay of Jacques and Gabriella, hope to see more photos

https://ksieznamonako.blogspot.fr/2016/12/nowe-zdjecia-jacquesa-i-charlene.html

And the little Gabriella

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn....=d97a96f1174d39f7f6a29fe12798d399&oe=58FC9EE0

Oh, very sweet! P Albert seems to be a very loving and proud father. Thanks for sharing, eya.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Reactions: eya
I hope we'll get new pix !!!! By the way I am a twin too and born on the 10th of December too !!!!!!

"Ces't pas possible!!"

Oh the joys of a toddler knowing that sentence...ROTFLOL!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like that instead of simply using their nannies the twins go to day care a few times a week. It's good for development for kids to socialize, and day care and local parks is a nice step.

"Ces't pas possible!!"

Oh the joys of a toddler knowing that sentence...ROTFLOL!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

"Ce n'est pas possible!" So grown-up and imperious for a toddler!

The little Comtesse de Carlades knows who she is. I laughed my head off on that one too.:lol:

Last edited:
Thank you, Eya, I think they surely had their birthday party at the yacht Club,
They are very nice

I hope the palace will release some photos.

A little video about this birthday, Albert and Charlene look like as other parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZua-UrUSU

Reactions: eya
Melina, Many, many thanks for sharing this video of an adorable family!!!!!!

I have the same birthday than the twins.... I hope to get plenty of pix of them, to make my birthday very nice (and I am a twin too myself !

Nice little video, wish there was more.

Rominet, happy birthday in a few days...and what a coincidence...a twin too and you share your birthday with the Monaco twins!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I have the same birthday than the twins.... I hope to get plenty of pix of them, to make my birthday very nice (and I am a twin too myself !

What a lovely coincidence...Happy Birthday!:p

What a lovely coincidence...Happy Birthday!:p
Thank you, I couldn't believe it when they were born two years ago just for my twin and my birthday !!!!:)
Of course I am a fewmore years older than Jacques and Gabriella

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 -

I hope the twins (and rominet09!) have a lovely birthday. I wish we could have gotten some official photos of Jacques and Gabriella though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom