The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

Well... I'd like to say something that hasn't been said yet. But I guess i have to stick to all the comments that have been already posted. The babies are lovely. Jacques is totally Wittstock, as for Gabriella, she takes after P. Albert but, i don't know why, i have this feeling she'll be as strong minded as her aunt Caroline when she grows older... Enjoyed very much too see P. Charlene during the interview: her face seemed to lighten up every time she spoke, and she spoke quite passionately about her children. Not being a fan of her, i must admit that she caused a good impression on me...

Old 12-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Courtier

I agree that Jacques takes after Charlene's side of the family but I do think there's a little Grimaldi pout going on there. Gabriella reminds me very much of Albert when he was the same age but as both he and Charlene said it's probably a bit early to say.

The video is lovely, both interact nicely with the twins.

I'll stick my neck out and say it - she still can't speak French.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

when they make noise Charlene clap her hands..maybe to scar them...so they don't make it again....
Old 12-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the last photo of the family taken in the blue room , they are near the Christmas tree .

Jacques et Gabriella de Monaco chahutent et jouent devant les caméras

The palace said in the page of the FB that the couple answered to a reporter from Australia for an interview and the couple wanted to thank all the people in the world who were very generious with them this last year. with this video.

I think that Gabriella looks like Caroline when she is smiling, I hope she will a beautiful lady like her next years. Jacques has beautiful eyes like his mummy and his grandmother Lynette wittstock.

Albert has problems to speak when there is a lot of noise also Charlene claps her hands when the babies were making too much noise, they escaped very quiclky together,it was funny to see

there are a lot of photos on this site about the princely family i am watching very often

Monegasque Princely Family
Old 12-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I like the last photo of the family taken in the blue room , they are near the Christmas tree .

Jacques et Gabriella de Monaco chahutent et jouent devant les caméras

I think that Gabriella looks like Caroline when she is smiling, I hope she will a beautiful lady like her next years.

I don't see any particular resemblance to Caroline at the moment - I think Gabriella is the spitting image of her father as a baby. However, I do see a family resemblance between the adult Caroline and Albert so she may well look like her aunt. I'm sure she will be attractive, conventionally or otherwise, because there are some good genes. Even Rainier who wasn't good-looking in the traditional sense had that certain something.

Jacques is very Wittstock, hopefully he will look like his uncle Gareth who is very attractive.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gabriella is looking like to caroline and Stéphanie when they were small children, no matter, Gabriella is a nice baby and she will be a beautiful woman.

Jacques is looking like Gareth Wittstock who is a very attractive, this little boy has wonferful blue eyes.

Rainier was a very latin attractive man , Stéphanie looked like him and Caroline lookes like her grandmother princess charlotte, only prine Albert looked like the princess Grace.

These babies are cutie and it is a pleasure to see them again in a video after the video of the fest of their birthday
Old 12-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post

Rainier was a very latin attractive man , Stéphanie looked like him and Caroline lookes like her grandmother princess charlotte, only prine Albert looked like the princess Grace.

You're right, Rainier was very attractive and Stephanie took after him although I think she got the Kelly bone structure and strong jaw line. Caroline does have a resemblance to Princess Charlotte but I see a lot of Grace in her as well - the bone structure and the smile, also something of her grandfather Prince Pierre. Princess Charlotte was much "jowlier" than Caroline with less defined bone structure. Albert is the most Kelly but he and Caroline look similar in some ways to me - nose, cheekbones etc. It's all in the eye of the beholder anyway.

We shall see - children change so much. I'm sure they're going to be good looking and they're cute for sure at the moment. Interesting to see their different personalities...
Old 12-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very sweet video. Very nice of them to allow such an intimate 'look in'. Jacques is a fascinating little fella. He's the extrovert methinks. Will be walking soon.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
I agree that Jacques takes after Charlene's side of the family but I do think there's a little Grimaldi pout going on there. Gabriella reminds me very much of Albert when he was the same age but as both he and Charlene said it's probably a bit early to say.

The video is lovely, both interact nicely with the twins.

I'll stick my neck out and say it - she still can't speak French.
Oh yes... The pout is definitely there... In both babies i'd risk to say...
Old 12-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Or maybe she is too embarrassed to speak French in public...knowing she would be judged for it !
Old 12-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Or maybe she is too embarrassed to speak French in public...knowing she would be judged for it !
Well, if that's the case she needs to get over it...
Old 12-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a really lovely video of the Princely Family and I've just noticed the portrait of Princess Grace looking down on them all in the background.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Gentry

He is already walking, nearly running.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Majesty

They are adorable children, very active and alert and engaged with their parents who are obviously besotted with them. I am INSANELY in love with Gabriella's little ivory sweater outfit.

I love this family!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What a really lovely video of the Princely Family and I've just noticed the portrait of Princess Grace looking down on them all in the background.
The video starts by showing the portrait, then at the very end, as Albert engages his son, Charlene actually looks up at the portrait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
He is already walking, nearly running.
Didn't know that. He doesn't evidence being able to walk in the video. He seems to be at the 'stand and hold-on' stage. If he's running he's well ahead.

As for Charlene's French, I think people should hold back on a harsh critique. In the video, it's possible we are seeing how they are raising their children to be bi-lingual: mother speaks English, father speaks French. JMO.

[P.S. I really have a 'crush' on Albert. I think he is such a nice man. You can see that here, as one can see that Charlene is someone who knows herself. They look to be beautifully in-sync. Very fortunate children.]
Old 12-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Hi Lady N!

I think Albert is wonderful too. He's gotten some bad press but I don't care. Charlene is lucky to have such a generous, gentle, doting husband and father to her children. Albert is fortunate to have HER as well. I am so thrilled that they kept on doing their thing and ignored the sniping critics. He who laughs last laughs loudest, and they are proof, aren't they?

Albert grew up with a father who spoke French to him and a mother who spoke English to him. Since all the Grimaldi children ended up perfectly bi-and multi-lingual I guess he and Charlene are using the same technique with their twins.

It would be wonderful if Charlene spoke better French, but it's absolutely essential that her children learn the language and she obviously recognizes this.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Hi Lady N! I think Albert is wonderful too. He's gotten some bad press but I don't care.
What bad press?

Quote:
Charlene is lucky to have such a generous, gentle, doting husband and father to her children.
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Albert is fortunate to have HER as well. I am so thrilled that they kept on doing their thing and ignored the sniping critics. He who laughs last laughs loudest and they are proof, aren't they?
Exactly so. Though you continue to puzzle me about the 'sniping critics'.

Quote:
Albert grew up with a father who spoke French to him and a mother who spoke English to him. Since all the Grimaldi children ended up perfectly bi-and multi-lingual I guess he and Charlene are using the same technique with their twins.
Yes.

Quote:
It would be wonderful if Charlene spoke better French but it's absolutely essential that her children learn the language and she obviously realizes this.
She won't be the first mother to have an accent in a second language. It's not a crime. JMO.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:58 PM
Majesty

Not necessarily on this board, but on other message boards and in certain tabloids there has been harsh criticism of Albert for fathering two children out of wedlock(I admit to being baffled/disappointed about that as well) and about his being a "cold" and indifferent groom to Charlene on their wedding day...which I think is absolute garbage and really unfair.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, I see. The way I view it all, the out-of-wedlock children are a very private matter, not anything he can be judged about imo. Too private.

As for the wedding day, it seemed to me that both Albert and Charlene were incredibly nervous, and given how shy Albert is by nature, one can only guess at his inner state, what with all the tabloid nonsense going on at the time. They both did okay, all considered. [P.S. I thought that both his parents, especially his mother, not being alive to be there for him, was sad. Caroline must be so important for him for that reason.]
Old 12-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

She won't be the first mother to have an accent in a second language. It's not a crime. JMO.
Indeed, Grace had an accent when she spoke French. But she spoke French...

Anyway, I'm sure the twins will be exposed to both languages and it won't be a problem.

The video was nice and both Albert and Charlene are obviously loving and involved parents.