Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 - September 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 -

^^^ Aww thanks, fandesacs2003. Such lovely pics! They all look so beautiful and happy. Looks like it was an Africa themed party. And P Albert's tie in pic4!!

A very happy birthday to P Gabriella and P Jacques today!
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Adorable! I was sure they would release some photos. and they didn't dissapoint! Very original themed party!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos, looks like lots of fun for the birthday kids. Jungle theme perfect for a boy and girl :flowers:

Their clothes are proof that royal kids can look modern without looking tacky. You don't have to dress them like something out of the Edwardian era complete with a side parting in their hair.

BTW Gabriella's dress reminds me of Denis the Menace which I think is good as she looks like she could be a tricky little menace ha, ha.

Last edited:
I agree but I have seen classic and traditional done better in a way that doesn't involve predominantly dark colours, shorts and long socks. Also there is a time and a place for casual clothes and sneakers on children. Well, on most children.

Last edited:
Nice to see the little video.... full of cute little children !!!!!

I'm wondering if Albert speaks French to his children and Charlene English, as Grace and Rainier did.
In the video you can hear Charlene count in English.
Or is English the language at home and do they learn French at daycare and at school later on.

It is nice that theJacques and Gabriella invited their little friends of the daycare and the children of the employees of the palace. They are not living away from the people of Monaco but with them.

I'm wondering if Albert speaks French to his children and Charlene English, as Grace and Rainier did.
In the video you can hear Charlene count in English.
Or is English the language at home and do they learn French at daycare and at school later on.

I have the idea English is the preferred language in between the spouses and the twins, because it gives them privacy in a francophone setting. I remember when a perfectly French-speaking Dutch interviewer went to the palais princier, the Prince requested the interview to be done in English. Reason: he seems to have a light stammer in French and is more confident in English.

cdm, I don't know how you can hear Charlene counting with all the noise around?

Albert said in an interview in Monaco matin that he is speaking to his hildren in frenh, we also see him saying to the children at the christmas market on the video ' au revoir' when they are in the little cars.
He said that they are rather speaking english at home
He said also in an interview to people that Jacques does not speak a lot but Gabriella is speaking in french and in english, her sentence was at a moment ' c'est pas possible' ' it is not possible'
Since the last spring, the children are three days in a daycare , also they are speaking in french with the stuff who are looking them. later they willl speak franch and english

cdm, I don't know how you can hear Charlene counting with all the noise around?

When she bends forward between the twins to blow out the candles, I hear her say 1 2 3.
I recognize her voice and accent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the idea English is the preferred language in between the spouses and the twins, because it gives them privacy in a francophone setting. I remember when a perfectly French-speaking Dutch interviewer went to the palais princier, the Prince requested the interview to be done in English. Reason: he seems to have a light stammer in French and is more confident in English.

I'm pretty certain the language in the family is English because Charlene doesn't speak much French. Albert speaks French with them I'm sure and they will hear it around them at nursery, palace staff etc.

Albert rarely stammers any more and I haven't noticed that it is any worse in French...

Happy belated 2nd birthday to Gabriella and Jacques. :wub::heartflower:

Those pictures on Facebook are precious. And now I think Gabriella resembles her father Albert (all Grimaldi features), and Jacques resembles his mother a lot, but he is near clone of his paternal grandfather Rainier - he has his chin, his gaze, lips maybe from Grace, all other facial features like Charlene. Cute twins, little angels and a Godsend gift to their parents, you can view they are totally smitten with twins and very attentive, lovely, wonderful parents to their children. :flowers:

Gabriella reminds me of her father.

LaRae

Their clothes are proof that royal kids can look modern without looking tacky. You don't have to dress them like something out of the Edwardian era complete with a side parting in their hair..

LoL... Too true, this response is late but I don't care. There is only one set of royal children who I think are dressed badly, and its mostly just the boy. But I work with toddlers and their parents dress them modern without always giving into gimmicks and cartoons.

Did Gabriella and Jacques start in the école maternelle? Or is that after they are 3 years old?

The responsi is a litttle late, I did not see your question
We only know that they are going to the Red Cross kindergarten three times in the week but we don't know if they are starting the ecole maternelle, perhaps after christmas, they will be three years old

A lovely picture. The little Prince already taking charge, and he seems really focused.

What a great photo of little Prince Jacques,I guess the next big event will be Monaco's National Day.

:previous: Yes, the look of determined concentration on his little face is adorable!:lol:

What a nice surprise to see Jacques and Gabriella there! They are too adorable - and I love Gabriella's dress.
Cute to see them on the boat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom