Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 - September 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Mary and Queen Maxima may have hiring an instructor of their native and you don't know it, what do you know behind the walls of their palace? you must be carefull in saying this.
What are to judge that Charlene did not do a good Professional choice whixh is useful for her foundation? An advisor of the monarchy?
The foundation also thinks to the children of Monaco, the foundation built a safe life center where all the pupils of the all the collèges can learn how to save somebody who is drowning. ( read the site of princess charlene foundation)
With her foundation, there was an exchange betwwen children of South Africa with children of Monaco,
Princess Charlene had the idea for 'the snappers for all' the children who had difficulties to learn aand who are poor.
At least, I will learn you that Monaco has a station of television, Monaco channel where there are the news on Monaco info at 7 pm and where we could Watch all the big events of Monaco like the presentation of the princely twins, the christening of the babies and the festivities of the 10 reign of prince Albert in live.
There are also Monaco matin, bonjour Monaco, observer, moaco hebdo, principauté, la gazette de Monaco.

And again, I post you the link of the princess charlene foundation

Princess Charlene of Monaco fundation - Princess Charlene of Monaco fundation

You are doing something who is normal for her foundation a big fuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course Monaco is just a state which fits in one's backyard and the Prince is almost autonomous. But imagine Princess Mary of Denmark hiring a swimming instructor from Tasmania or (then) Princess Máxima a swimming instructor all the way from Buenos Aires. I can already fill in the public reactions... Luckily they were (are) wise enough to make a professional choice. In Monaco Charlène can do that. Who dares to attack the Prince? The media? The Monaco Matin? There is not even a television station. In that aspect Charlène can do what she want.
Firstly, Does Monaco have an established baby swim safety programme? If not, starting one with an expert makes sense.

Either way, it is not surprising she has contracted an expert. It makes sense to me coming from a country where swimming is a common pastime for everyone, I can understand Charlene wanting her babies to learn to swim and be safe as early as possible.

Living the life they do, beaches and swimming pools are everywhere but I am not sure how strong the safety rules are. Here pools have to have childproof fences around them and any doors or windows opening to the pool have to have a childproof lock. Even outdoor hot tubs have to have lock down tops when not in use.

The thing is that water safety, especially around pools, is really pushed here in summer because, notwithstanding the above, children drowning in pools is still far too common.

I am stunned at the negative response to something that is both lifesaving and costs considerably less than a few Birkin bags!

It seems that the logic of many is totally skewed. In a world where custom cars, yachts and planes are common and handbags cost 5-6 thousand or more, people are making much ado about swimming coaches. It quite frankly beggars belief!

Now if she gave a pool party and they all swam in Crystal champagne, perhaps!

:previous:I'll be at that pool party, but I may be ducking under water and taking a few gulps:flowers:

Marge, I completely agree.

Now to the issue ... is anyone in Monaco complaining about this??:flowers:

:previous:I really, seriously, truly doubt that the Monegasques care a fig about how their future Sovereign and his sister are learning to swim at the hands of expert foreigners!:whistling:

Last edited:
Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 -

Firstly, Does Monaco have an established baby swim safety programme? If not, starting one with an expert makes sense.

Either way, it is not surprising she has contracted an expert. It makes sense to me coming from a country where swimming is a common pastime for everyone, I can understand Charlene wanting her babies to learn to swim and be safe as early as possible.

Living the life they do, beaches and swimming pools are everywhere but I am not sure how strong the safety rules are. Here pools have to have childproof fences around them and any doors or windows opening to the pool have to have a childproof lock. Even outdoor hot tubs have to have lock down tops when not in use.

The thing is that water safety, especially around pools, is really pushed here in summer because, notwithstanding the above, children drowning in pools is still far too common.

I am stunned at the negative response to something that is both lifesaving and costs considerably less than a few Birkin bags!

It seems that the logic of many is totally skewed. In a world where custom cars, yachts and planes are common and handbags cost 5-6 thousand or more, people are making much ado about swimming coaches. It quite frankly beggars belief!

Now if she gave a pool party and they all swam in Crystal champagne, perhaps!

Sadly, considering who is stirring the pot here about this, I'm not. Sad that anyone would choose this to use as an attack, because truthfully if we had the money to afford to be able to do this for our own children, can anyone actually say they wouldn't? I know I would be hiring these people in a heartbeat. The First Duty of any Parent is to provide a safe secure environment for their Children. These two will be around water their entire lives. Albert and Charlene doing this is the smart thing for the well being of their Children.

Also if Charlene is thinking of a partnership w/these people to provide Baby Water Safety programs through her Foundation,, the best way to know if their Program really works or not is to see it in action. So the Twins doing this Program not only taught them skills that could save their lives, but also gave Charlene a very real close up chance of how it works and if it works, in order to make a properly informed decision about working w/them through her Foundation. A win win IMHO.

Sigh....I just do not understand why anyone would go after Parents for giving their Children the tools needed at this stage in their lives to be able to handle being in a pool if the unthinkable should ever happen. I just don't.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I wonder what you can teach a baby about safety. I always thought baby swimming lessons are about getting them used to being in a pool, going under water with their head, etc.

:previous: If you have a pool or your neighbour does "safety" becomes a way of life. It starts with getting the kids floating and their water skills develop along the same way that they develop.

It is a way of life and not one you can just suddenly decide to turn on when the kids are mobile or you are visiting a place with fish ponds, ornamental water features, etc. It has to be "on" 24/7.

Can anyone tell me just how fast a 2-year-old can move? And did that door not quite shut?

Charlene and, I imagine Albert, are into proactive parenting when it comes to water.

Marge, I completely agree.

Now to the issue ... is anyone in Monaco complaining about this??:flowers:

Of course not. The people in Moncao have nothing to say. 90% of the people living in Monaco are foreigners and have nothing to say (they can not vote etc.). So the Princess can shrug her shoulders, do anything she wants and hire 100 swim instructors from Uzbekistan if she thinks that is needed to keep her babies afloat in the baby-pool. The Monaco Matin is not exactly alike the Daily Mail and will not ask themselves if there is something wrong with the famous Stade Nautique Rainier III and its École aquatique pour bébé nageurs which learns the local babies how to swim...

:D

Last edited:
I wonder what you can teach a baby about safety. I always thought baby swimming lessons are about getting them used to being in a pool, going under water with their head, etc.

Not much, they need 100% surveillance all the time. But that swimming is excellent for their physique and their coordination skills does not need discussion. In the Netherlands and in France "mama (or papa) swims" are very popular. Babies are barely born and hoppa! there they go, into the chlorine water!

:flowers:

Imo, we wouldn't know about this instructor being asked to come, if the parents were only concerned about the twins' safety. They would have asked the instructor to sign an agreement of confidance, and no word would would have left the palace. Imo, the fact that Charlene actively publicized these lessons make clear that it was also about publicity for her foundation and creating awareness for the issue. I think that fully explains why someone was chosen who cooperated with the foundation in SA. They reached two goals in one move.

I googled for water safety and found this video very explaining. It is not about teaching infants to actively swim, but they learn to roll on their backs and stay floating. That way they can breath till they are rescued.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mUPr68x2U

Duc and Pair, Monaco is not a dictator, there are 9000 true monegash people and other people who are résidents and have no the monegash nationality, they are foreigners who are living in Monaco and have no right to vote as in other democratic countries where the foreigners have no right to vote as in France
The monegash people vote for the town Council and for the national Council who is a parlement.
Happily that Monaco Matin does not look like Dayli Mail when we read the subjects of dayli mail and the mistakes this newspaper is doing .
In Monaco Matin, there are articles where the town Council explains why the Council will not vote for a subject proposed by the princely governement or there are articles where the president of the national Council why he will carefully about the projects of Urbanism.

Imo, we wouldn't know about this instructor being asked to come, if the parents were only concerned about the twins' safety. They would have asked the instructor to sign an agreement of confidance, and no word would would have left the palace. Imo, the fact that Charlene actively publicized these lessons make clear that it was also about publicity for her foundation and creating awareness for the issue. I think that fully explains why someone was chosen who cooperated with the foundation in SA. They reached two goals in one move.

I googled for water safety and found this video very explaining. It is not about teaching infants to actively swim, but they learn to roll on their backs and stay floating. That way they can breath till they are rescued.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mUPr68x2U

That video made my blood run cold at one point-my God how disturbingly easy it is for these kind of tragedies to happen!:ohmy:

Thanks Tilia.

A couple of posts have been moved to the family's current events thread. As always please don't repost pics of joint events in the individual threads!

Thanks, melina, for the only video/pictures so far of their birthday! Wonderful that P Jacques is walking already! P Gabriella looks like a little angel and the parents of course are very proud. I certainly hope there will be some more pictures of this special day.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Thank you for the video! So instead of pictures they released a video, even though it's not usual for 1st birthdays (we usually get official pics), I really like this way.

It's absolutely adorable when Jacques walks quite a bit at the end of the video. It seems Gabriella can't walk properly yet, but she is a very beautiful baby.

What a wonderful and unusual idea to celebrate the babies' birthday together with the people of Monaco!

The text underneath the video says that they celebrated near the Place d'Armes in Monaco with around one hundred people.

I also like the fact that they allowed the twins to be touched by children and well-wishers, very down-to-earth, open and heartening!

I can imagine that we'll also get some pics of that special celebration within the next days.

I would have liked to see official pictures, but a birthday party like this is great. Both are adorable and Hereditary Prince Jacques walking is just :wub::wub:

That video was pure cuteness! The twins look really curious and eager to explore their surroundings... Still, i would have wanted an official photo realesed! Just to make everything even cuter!

What a lovely video and really like how relaxed the twins are with the public.

I'm not dissapointed that we didn't get any official photos of the twins, because the video was delightful.

Gabriella and Jacques are super adorable and seem to be very sociable as well. They didn't seem to shy away from the crowds and got on with all age groups. Jacques walking is adorable and after seeing the photo of Charlene as a baby, I think he looks so much like her.
Gabriella's dress was also gorgeous!

Royal watching is saved for a long time. Just count how many royal children there are under the age of fifteen. There will be plenty of royal activities to keep us all very busy for a couple of generations.

It looked like Albert put her down to walk at the same time Charlene did, but unlike her brother Gabriella was having none of it and got picked up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom